Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    ‘Captain America 4’ Retitled ‘Brave New World,’ Drops First Look at Anthony Mackie and Harrison Ford on Set

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/c...to-1235634314/
    Well we know why the name was changed. Its quite simple as Marvel clearly didn't want to tick off those watching expecting an appearance of the real NEW WORLD ORDER....

With the "Bad Guy" Scott Hall's death , I doubt we can see this group in a Marvel film now. So the dream of Sam Wilson vs Hollywood Hogan won't happen now.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I wonder if merchandise had already been made so far with the old name. I would buy some. I wonder if it gets donated like the USA sports championship gear for the losing teams.

I hope that a teaser can come out by Thanksgiving. Maybe a full trailer by the Super Bowl.

I hope that a full explanation can be done regarding the Hulk alumni who are finally showing up again. Betty was in science research so maybe she quietly went back to that, though likely her dad had her with a bunch of military watchguards.

I presume that Sterns/The Leader has been quietly gathering power and influence behind the scenes, though I'm wondering if he survived the Snap and if so (or if he didn't and came back) then what is his agenda..?

I predict he'll have a modest version of the wide cranium look. He likely won't have the cylinder-head look.

Ultimate Member

Probably a good decision.

There aren't many positive connotations behind 'New World Order', and the comic plotline was never itself fully developed.

And 'Brave New World' works for the new Captain America

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I predict he'll have a modest version of the wide cranium look. He likely won't have the cylinder-head look.
    After Modok, I feel Marvel will be very careful about doing big heads. (I also feel they'll try to avoid looking like Hector Hammond)

Did they do this because Wonder Woman: 1984 went down so well?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I wonder if merchandise had already been made so far with the old name. I would buy some. I wonder if it gets donated like the USA sports championship gear for the losing teams.

I hope that a teaser can come out by Thanksgiving. Maybe a full trailer by the Super Bowl.

I hope that a full explanation can be done regarding the Hulk alumni who are finally showing up again. Betty was in science research so maybe she quietly went back to that, though likely her dad had her with a bunch of military watchguards.

I presume that Sterns/The Leader has been quietly gathering power and influence behind the scenes, though I'm wondering if he survived the Snap and if so (or if he didn't and came back) then what is his agenda..?

I kind of honestly wonder if the finale might involve his further mutations in IMMORTAL HULK, which went from Alien Queen to full Eldritch horrors.

Although giant monster is more of an Avengers or Dr. Strange thing, probably.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Probably a good decision.

There aren't many positive connotations behind 'New World Order', and the comic plotline was never itself fully developed.

And 'Brave New World' works for the new Captain America
    As somebody pointed out on the Secret Invasion thread, what goes in the comics doesn't seem to have much impact on what happens in the studios script development.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    As somebody pointed out on the Secret Invasion thread, what goes in the comics doesn't seem to have much impact on what happens in the studios script development.
    True, but the movies do take from them a great deal. I don't think PAD himself remembers what the plotline was meant to be, so the absence of it in the movie title is no loss.

Especially when it was a Hulk plotline

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I kind of honestly wonder if the finale might involve his further mutations in IMMORTAL HULK, which went from Alien Queen to full Eldritch horrors.

Although giant monster is more of an Avengers or Dr. Strange thing, probably.
    The Leader is atypical in that he's not "a wizard, a robot or an alien" - at least not yet...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The Leader is atypical in that he's not "a wizard, a robot or an alien" - at least not yet...
    Sam will have to out-think him.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sam will have to out-think him.
    Depends on how they modify the character. Comics' Leader's Achilles' Forehead was usually his confidence that he had postulated every last potential eventuality in his plans. But, we've seen enough loose adaptations in the MCU to have no real idea what we'll get.

On a tangent, I remain faintly disappointed that MAoS's Clairvoyant didn't turn out to be either The Leader or The Mad Thinker. Flipping spoilers:
    Ward
    end of spoilers made for some fun, and probably wouldn't have worked as well otherwise, but still...

Ultimate Member

Wonder if Sabra's still going to be in it.

Ross has no mustache? Instant fail.