Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I'm not sure if its stunt casting, I mean I guess, but remember he wouldn't be here at all if Hurt hadn't died.
    I do wonder if his role was beefed up once they got Harrison Ford to replace him.

Either way, all I want is one scene of him and Banner! It's been so long, and the movies just keep having them miss each other.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I do wonder if his role was beefed up once they got Harrison Ford to replace him.

Either way, all I want is one scene of him and Banner! It's been so long, and the movies just keep having them miss each other.
    What happened to Betty?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

This feels like a stealth sequel to Norton's Incredible Hulk anyway, what with three characters and their portrayers returning (the idea was to get Hurt back until, you know)...maybe they felt with Banner (Ruffalo) even cameoing it would be too on the nose? I'd like to see FordRoss interacting with the new Holistic guru Abomination, but, same deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What happened to Betty?
    She's in the movie and played by Liv Tyler, but I thought they retconned her out of existence until it was announced she'd be featured. Banner, as played by Ruffalo, never mentioned her.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Don't think Ford is really that much of a draw these days as he used to be.

His most notable films of the past decade have pretty much been the ones where he's reprised past characters (Han, Indy, Deckard) and I think his last big hits as a leading man outside of that was in the late 90's.
    Without knowing or researching it I feel Harrison Ford's last movie that did great, in a new role, might've been the biopic 42? Came out in 2013, which is still sometime ago.
    Still, his name has clout to many moviegoers still.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Harrison Ford played Graff in Ender's Game, a very similar character to Ross. Although the movie Ender's Game was very flawed, and I wasn't really happy with it, Graff was a bright spot. So I have high hopes that he will capture that same kind of tone here and bring the same qualities Hurt brought to the role.

Though Hurt's version of Ross never thrilled me, I have to admit.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I think both Rosses were blip victims (Seen on the console in Endgame I think?), wonder if that might play into things.

Funny kind of coincidence-there's a general Ross in Kingdom of The Crystal Skull who defends Indy from the FBI, and possibly was his commander in OSS. https://indianajones.fandom.com/wiki/Robert_Ross

Think Banner largely moved on from the Rosses. Also seemed that he largely moved from Natasha pretty quickly too, he seemed to have a relationship on Sakaar at some point (Maybe MCU Caiera?).

Despite them being alive during the five years he didn't seem to rekindle his relationship with Natasha either.

Seems there was a scene cut from Infinity War with Banner working on the Hulkbuster in the Infinity War trailer followed by a shot of BW looking at him, maybe this would have been their official breakup?

chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth