Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Was anyone asking for this? Hurt just died this year.

Honestly I can't see Ford as Ross at all, let alone carrying on from Hurt's take. It feels too much like stunt casting.

I guess we're getting Red Hulk then.
    That's my thought exactly. They had plans for Ross and Hurt's death threw a wrench in them, otherwise they'd just let the character die.

On the other hand, if that is the long game I kind of have a hard time seeing Ford sign up for it.

Incredible Member

Was anyone asking for this? Hurt just died this year.

Honestly I can't see Ford as Ross at all, let alone carrying on from Hurt's take. It feels too much like stunt casting.

I guess we're getting Red Hulk then.
    Really? You can’t see it? Thunderbolt Ross is a grumpy old man. Ford is also a grumpy old man. Seems like a good fit to me.

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    Really? You can’t see it? Thunderbolt Ross is a grumpy old man. Ford is also a grumpy old man. Seems like a good fit to me.
    I get it, but it's a kind of grumpy old man that's distinct to Harrison Ford. I don't see that as Ross, especially compared to Hurt and Sam Elliot, and he's supposed to be Hurt's Ross.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    That's my thought exactly. They had plans for Ross and Hurt's death threw a wrench in them, otherwise they'd just let the character die.

On the other hand, if that is the long game I kind of have a hard time seeing Ford sign up for it.
    I am surprised Ford would want to do this honestly. He doesn't need this character, and for him to take it they must have had a very specific pitch you would think to make it important for many future movies. Or could be like Bale where one and done was appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I am surprised Ford would want to do this honestly. He doesn't need this character, and for him to take it they must have had a very specific pitch you would think to make it important for many future movies. Or could be like Bale where one and done was appealing.
    Especially if it means turning him into a giant CG Red Hulk.

Wonder if he'll grow his mid-90s mustache back. Then again if he is going Red Hulk it would make the transition easier if he was clean-shaven, as "where did the mustache go" was kind of something noted for his Hulk.

Curiously we might get a CG de-aged Harrison Ford in Indiana Jones next year, Ford was spotted with dots on his head filming that. Probably for a World War II flashback or something.

Wonder if that'll come in handy as an asset for the Red Hulk if ILM does both. In the comics, I think the Jeff Parker run stated that the Red Hulk somewhat resembles a younger general Ross somehow, hence the lack of grey hair and mustache. Or something like that. Or why Human Ross in that series seemed fairly built and healthy whereas earlier versions of the character seemed quite elderly (Might depend on the artist though).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I think Harrison's grumpy phase was pretty much in the 00's when his career was kind of stuck. He's been much more mellow lately.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Marvel is being very creative with their new Hulk movie .

Niffleheim

Marvel is being very creative with their new Hulk movie .
    After Falcon and Winter Soldier why do I get a feeling that Sam is not going to treat the Hulks like the weapons they are? This movie should be interesting to watch, at least I want to know what angle they will take to tell the story they want to tell.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

If Ross is going to be the POTUS, as rumors indicate, makes sense Betty would re-appear. Assuming Ross is unmarried, she would be the one doing First Lady duty, and would also be against use of Hulks or other superhumans as weapons.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    If Ross is going to be the POTUS, as rumors indicate, makes sense Betty would re-appear. Assuming Ross is unmarried, she would be the one doing First Lady duty, and would also be against use of Hulks or other superhumans as weapons.
    Really! Or maybe she too will be a Hulk? How wonderful will it be if the president changes in to a Hulk in the middle of a press conference lmao! I'm now excited for this movie.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    After Falcon and Winter Soldier why do I get a feeling that Sam is not going to treat the Hulks like the weapons they are? This movie should be interesting to watch, at least I want to know what angle they will take to tell the story they want to tell.
    I guess their takeaway from the show is less Sam punching above his weight and more talking bad guys down even when they don't deserve it or because the writers want to write around threats he doesn't have a chance against. Like a bunch of Hulks.

(Although do they really want to be throwing out a bunch of Hulks with all the FX criticisms they've been having lately?).
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    If they don't have Bruce and Betty reunite, they will have utterly failed cinematic Hulk even more than they already have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Really! Or maybe she too will be a Hulk? How wonderful will it be if the president changes in to a Hulk in the middle of a press conference lmao! I'm now excited for this movie.
    I mean, their go-to move to make civilian characters/love interests more relevant is to give them powers or a costume (especially if there's precedent in the comics) so it wouldn't surprise me.

Niffleheim

Carl Lumbly back as Isaiah Bradley

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ss-1235361579/