Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

They've already done a Captain America versus shadowy government agency movie - perfectly. Its literally the best MCU film.

Yah I have to admit, not really interested. Its going to have to get some pretty rave reviews for me to be convinced to give it a shot. Also FaTWS was one of the weakest Disney+ shows.

Its got too many Hulk characters for a Captain America movie, like its more focused on setting up the Thunderbolts rather than being about the character. Plus the whole flying Captain America-Falcon hybrid thing still bugs me to the point of taking me out of the fantasy. I wish he had just totally ditched everything about the Falcon persona. Captain America doesn't fly around and toss things at people from the air. He's not Air Force, he's Army.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    They've already done a Captain America versus shadowy government agency movie - perfectly. Its literally the best MCU film.

Yah I have to admit, not really interested. Its going to have to get some pretty rave reviews for me to be convinced to give it a shot. Also FaTWS was one of the weakest Disney+ shows.

Its got too many Hulk characters for a Captain America movie, like its more focused on setting up the Thunderbolts rather than being about the character. Plus the whole flying Captain America-Falcon hybrid thing still bugs me to the point of taking me out of the fantasy. I wish he had just totally ditched everything about the Falcon persona. Captain America doesn't fly around and toss things at people from the air. He's not Air Force, he's Army.
    Why would he ditch the Falcon persona?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Every time Ross shows up, I just keep thinking, "Are we just never going to see him and Bruce in a scene together again?" They both keep popping up around the MCU and just never run into each other. I'd be okay with it if it weren't for the fact that "The Incredible Hulk" is MCU canon.

I have no opinion on the name change. Seems fine - seems slightly more positive I guess?
    It's funny in a sad way how the only time Mark Ruffalo's Bruce has interacted with Ross (and Betty) was in a What If cartoon.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Why would he ditch the Falcon persona?

What would be the point of Falcon if his whole backstory is ditched? I don't get this.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's funny in a sad way how the only time Mark Ruffalo's Bruce has interacted with Ross (and Betty) was in a What If cartoon.
    My hope is that whenever Ruffalo's time is winding down, that they give him a proper sendoff with a story involving Thunderbolt and Betty to cap off his whole journey.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Sam's Captain America is different from Steve's Captain America....

you realize that right?
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

It is funny when people focus on the powers of Captain America, which completely misses the point of Captain America to begin with.

I hope they don't try to go for the "sympathetic terrorist" plot again.

Just thought Ford would'nt have been a bad Bruce Banner himself 40 years ago.

Of course Bixby and Lou were in the role back then...
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I love Harrison he's one of my favorite actors, but I think another actor would have been a better choice. I know it would have caused a little confusion given he already played the role, but I would've have picked Sam Elliot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I love Harrison he's one of my favorite actors, but I think another actor would have been a better choice. I know it would have caused a little confusion given he already played the role, but I would've have picked Sam Elliot.
    Yeah, I wouldn't have minded them bringing Elliot back. Ford feels a bit too much random stunt casting here.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Sam's Captain America is different from Steve's Captain America....

you realize that right?
    Yes. And he'd be different either way, powers aside, because its a different character.

Yes. And he'd be different either way, powers aside, because its a different character.
    So if you realize he's a different character why be bothered that he has different abilities and back story?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    So if you realize he's a different character why be bothered that he has different abilities and back story?
    Because. Were you expecting something more substantial? Its just personal preference. I like Captain America walking around not flying.

Because. Were you expecting something more substantial? Its just personal preference. I like Captain America walking around not flying.
    The complaint just doesn't make a whole lot of sense.