Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

They can take inspiration from their animated universe. The recently finished DCAU was pretty good IMO. They can start with some kind of Crisis/Flashpoint event that would reboot the universe. They can keep what worked (Wonder Woman, Maybe Aquaman, never saw it but I understand that it got good response) and change what didn't. I don't see any problem with Superman, Batman or Flash beginning anew while WW continues with a third movie.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Animation, animation, and more animation, did I mention animation?
    My favorite DC stuff has been animation this last decade or so (Young Justice, Legion of Super-Heroes and Harley Quinn), so yes please.

For live-action, Titans has purty actors, but is otherwise a horribly written mess, Cavill was a great-looking Superman in some bad movies (although Faora was even hotter), Jason Mamoa was hugely entertaining as Jason Mamoa-not-even-trying-to-act-even-a-little-bit-like-Arthur-Curry, Gal Gadot is a treasure and Wonder Woman was 2/3rds a wonderful movie and 1/3rd a badly-lit CGI-fight crap ending, and Peacemaker was a riot. Oh, and Doom Patrol was just so darn weird it broke my brain and I'm still looking for the pieces. Not bad. Just weird! (Although the weird, IMO, was funniest in the first season, narrated by Alan Tudyk.)

Forget about trying to do a successful universe and instead focus on doing decent solo films instead.

DC aren't good as a comic company maintaining a cohesive continuity so the idea that they would try to with movies is simply bound to fail. It's literally why they have had so many damn reboots.

If you are going to persist on a cohesive shared universe than pick a version that the majority of the fanbase link to and stay true to the characters.

The failed DC movies all have the problem that they don't depict the character as readily identified by the fanbase.

Return of Superman- comic Superman simply wouldn't have left.
    MOS, BVS, JL/snyderverse it's all too dark and leans toward injustice not DC main U.

Green Lantern tanked because that wasn't comic Hal Jordan. Jordan in his early career was the most by the book loyal to the Guardians follow every order not matter what. The character played by Ryan Renolds wasnlike a cross between Jordan and Guy Gardner.
    First Suicide Squad- that wasn't deadshot, wasn't Flag, etc etc. The only characters that were true to their comic depictions were Harley and partly Boomerbut.

BoP, I wasn't black Canary, most certainly wasn't Caine.

WW, Aquaman, and Shazam were successful because the characters we saw on screen are the way they are depicted in comics. You need to get that right to be successful with it. Nothing what soever to do with the world building. First you have to build the characters as recognised.

A problem with it is that it's so spread out.

The original DCEU is continuing with Flashpoint, Black Adam, Aquaman 2 and other films.

The Matt Reeves Batman film made a lot of money, and has its own world. It kinda took Batman out of the shared universe.

The Joker is getting a sequel.

And then there's chatter about new reboots.

I think I'd focus on winding down the main cinematic universe. There might be a handful of new projects like a Black Adam VS Shazam film.

I'd try to go for one standalone Superman film, maybe with Henry Cavill and the cast of Man of Steel, although it could also be something different. One idea would be something with a 1930s/ 1940s Superman, as something we haven't seen on film that would be unique from what's been done before, and would allow a generic take on Superman later.

I wouldn't touch the Joker/ Matt Reeves Batman series since these seem to be working fine. I might suggest a Zoey Kravitz Catwoman spinoff.

In about seven years it might be time to start a new DCU.
    A good structure for a Superman film might be based on the graphic novel Superman: Earth One, when Clark Kent is trying to figure out what to do with his life when he has so many options.
    Around the same time we might introduce new versions of Green Lantern (John Stewart) and the Flash within that world to seed the way for a Justice League film about five years later.

How it might look like...
    2023- Shazam 2, The Flash, Aquaman & the Lost Kingdom, Blue Beetle (This is the current schedule)
    2024- Joker 2, Gotham City Sirens, Wonder Woman 3
    2025- The Batman 2, Black Canary, Standalone Superman project
    2026- Catwoman, Aquaman 3, Shazam VS Black Adam
    2027- Final Harley Quinn film
    2028- The Batman 3, Logan style Black Adam film
    2029- Superman relaunch
    2030- Flash relaunch, Green Lantern relaunch
    2031- Superman 2, Aquaman relaunch
    2032- Flash 2, Wonder Woman relaunch

At this point I'd focus on the major franchises and those already confirmed, rather than more obscure series that have mentioned as potential films (Booster Gold, Metal Men, Lobo, Nightwing, Plastic Man, Static Shock, Zatanna, Supergirl) just because I'd prefer those series connected to a new DC Cinematic Universe.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Amazing Member

Yeah now that i am thinking about it my idea would now be Phase 1: 1) Black adam 2) shazam fury of the gods 3) the flash 4) blue beetle 5) aqua man and the lost kingdom Phase 2: 6) wonder woman 3 7) Black canary 8) Zatanna 9) Shazam 3 10) Man of steel 2 Phase 3: 11) Green lantern corps 12) Green arrow film 13) Aquaman 3 14) Dceu Batman film 15) Wonder woman 4 Phase 4: 16) Hawkman 17) Justice league dark 18) new justice league film 19) Nightwing 20) Batman beyond film (set in future of the universe) Phase 5: 21) Batman 2 22) batgirl ( the right way this time) 23) The flash new film with another actor 24) Supergirl 25) man of steel 3