Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Armor Wars

Tony's shadow is likely to loom large here, so I definitely want to some development for Rhodey to flesh him out - his life, backstory, motivations, people in his life, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Tony's shadow is likely to loom large here, so I definitely want to some development for Rhodey to flesh him out - his life, backstory, motivations, people in his life, etc.
    Yea this we don’t know anything about Rhodey. Maybe Rhodes taking a mentor role with Riri and maybe giving her acccess to stark tech at the end(Might not matter after her hanging in Wakanda.)

Villian wise I wouldn’t mind Justin Hammer coming back but if they can’t do that then Sunny Burch be broke out of prison by a group of villains working for the “Benefactor” . With tech derived from stark tech. Blizzard, crimson Dynamo, and maybe Ezikiel stane playing a part depending on he comes out of Iron heart. The benefactor being revealed as Doom might not be that big of a reveal if this film comes out after Fantastic four(Doom could appear as soon as next month but who knows). I guess the benefactor could be someone like Justin Hammer. He is insanely rich, just also a moron. King pin seemed to be in no position to be behind anything like that when we saw him in Hawkeye. MODOK/Yellow Jacket has been stuck in the quantum realm I assume. So outside of Doom or Hammer iono who else it could be. Mandarin is dead so having him behind it now seems pointless. Anyway whoever was trying to steal Pym tech is also the person behind armor wars I hope…. I guess it could also be the Leader

A good movie...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Nah, he is fine the way he is.

Just a heads up:

I've merged all the Armor Wars threads I could find in to one.

Please refrain from creating too many redundant threads discussing the same thing. Use the search bar or Google to check if a thread for a particular topic has been created.

If there are other redundant threads that need to be merged/deleted let me know.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

I remember when Armor Wars was first announced I expected it to be pretty straight forward and standalone like Falcon & Winter Soldier but this project has ties to so many things:

-If Sharon is in this, that ties this in with Falcon & Winter Soldier.

-If Riri was planned to be in this at any point that gives this a tie into BP2 and not to mention Riri's own show.

-Cheadle confirmed that Secret Invasion directly leads into Armor Wars.

That's a lot of ties for one show. I wonder if it's because production on this became too cumbersome and they realized it would be easier to just make it into a movie? Or because Riri's getting her own show and they didn't want two competing shows about armored characters?

Also, fun fact, Robert Cole (who co-wrote the screen lay to Black Panther) was pitching a War Machine movie during Phase One. That ended up becoming the Armor Wars series and now that has morphed into a movie. In the end, the dude got his wish granted.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I remember when Armor Wars was first announced I expected it to be pretty straight forward and standalone like Falcon & Winter Soldier but this project has ties to so many things:

-If Sharon is in this, that ties this in with Falcon & Winter Soldier.

-If Riri was planned to be in this at any point that gives this a tie into BP2 and not to mention Riri's own show.

-Cheadle confirmed that Secret Invasion directly leads into Armor Wars.

That's a lot of ties for one show. I wonder if it's because production on this became too cumbersome and they realized it would be easier to just make it into a movie? Or because Riri's getting her own show and they didn't want two competing shows about armored characters?

Also, fun fact, Robert Cole (who co-wrote the screen lay to Black Panther) was pitching a War Machine movie during Phase One. That ended up becoming the Armor Wars series and now that has morphed into a movie. In the end, the dude got his wish granted.
    I wonder if they actually plan to continue the Power Broker plot considering how unpopular it was.

I would have to assume Riri will come up at some point.

I think a movie might help with the huge budget this is inevitably going to have, especially for the CG.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I think a movie might help with the huge budget this is inevitably going to have, especially for the CG.
    Prolly, I think much of the charm, outside of it being new, of the first Iron Man was the practicality of so much of it. That movie still had a gang of CGI but that is what grounded parts of it. You can make Armor Wars look like The Clone Wars at this point and I don't want that either. On it's face it's a story that moves through locations chasing down tech copies. Which could be dope but that was before we've had a couple dozen MCU movies so... If the confrontations can look different between them they'd be onto something. There is no gauntlet aspect of the MCU, outside of maybe IM 1 of course.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Prolly, I think much of the charm, outside of it being new, of the first Iron Man was the practicality of so much of it. That movie still had a gang of CGI but that is what grounded parts of it. You can make Armor Wars look like The Clone Wars at this point and I don't want that either. On it's face it's a story that moves through locations chasing down tech copies. Which could be dope but that was before we've had a couple dozen MCU movies so... If the confrontations can look different between them they'd be onto something. There is no gauntlet aspect of the MCU, outside of maybe IM 1 of course.
    I think with Armor Wars...obviously I'm not expecting a 1-to-1 adaption but if it's anything like the original story then we're probably going to see Rhodey go through a lot of fights that whittle away him both physically and mentally until he goes too far.

I do wonder, now, if they'll try to fit in Sam Wilson in place of Steve Rogers in the original Armor Wars. Because that was a major turning point for the original story when Tony betrayed Steve.