Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

While Secret Defenders did come out, at no point in the entire series do Maverick, Ghost Rider, or Johnny Blaze ever appear.

I know, right?! But, Dan Ketch/Ghost Rider was with The Secret Defenders during their first ever appearance (Doctor Strange #50)

Last edited by K7P5V; 10-12-2022 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

And ghost rider was with them in the fantastic four issue also.

Remember when falling angles was the misfits? Toad, frog man and spider-kid would not approve!

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Gaastra; 10-23-2022 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Damn. That IS a great explanation. Seriously, thank you for the enlightenment.

has anyone ever attempted to "fan fiction" a skeleton of a story based on the existing artwork? Where is the original script at? who kept a copy?

Incredible Member

Back in 1990, early 1991, Stan Lee in his soapbox talked a big project he was cooking up with John Byrne. The proposed project was to be called MARVEL'S WORLD OF TOMORROW, later THE TOMORROW CHRONICLES. It was set in 2093 ,and planned to launch what ended up becoming the 2099 line of books.

Wasn't there a Luke Cage mini recently, timed for his 50th anniversary, that was fully solicited then dropped? Started as its own thing, got delayed, re-solicited as part of Devil's Reign, then completely dropped.

Yeah. It was called City of Fire and should've been out 11 months ago. Three issues solicited, and it was meant to be the Marvel debut of writer Ho Che Anderson (his first full issue will instead be Wakanda #3, though he contributed to Marvel Voices Legacy and Amazing Fantasy #1000).
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Luke_..._of_Fire_Vol_1
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Here is a list i found. Didn't know about the fantastic four graphic novel.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-th...ver-published/

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

There was a Captain Universe ongoing that was supposed to come out that would follow up on what was behind the power loss mystery box during the whole Amazing Fantasy/Captain Universe event storyline, but it simply never came to pass and the main character of the ongoing, Gabriel Vargas, didn't show up again until Annihilation Conquest: Star-Lord where they gave no explanation as to what had gone down in the Microverse. I have seen what appears to maybe have been an unfinished cover for the series on sale long ago, but other than that...nada.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    has anyone ever attempted to "fan fiction" a skeleton of a story based on the existing artwork? Where is the original script at? who kept a copy?
    If anyone has it, it's perhaps in the files of one DC's then editors or Gerry Conway who I think was the original writer. My understanding is that George was almost half way done when Shooter wanted re-writes. There was no way to make the story work without Perez having to re-draw most of it which he didn't have time to do with all his other assignments. That might have been the final draw that killed the project.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    If anyone has it, it's perhaps in the files of one DC's then editors or Gerry Conway who I think was the original writer. My understanding is that George was almost half way done when Shooter wanted re-writes. There was no way to make the story work without Perez having to re-draw most of it which he didn't have time to do with all his other assignments. That might have been the final draw that killed the project.
    Tom Brevoort says this is the original script, but I'm not sure he's correct on that one. There are several places where the art that was done doesn't match the script. Also several of the better know criticisms about the plot seem absent. I'd say this is more likely a second or third revision.

https://tombrevoort.com/2022/02/26/t...ers-crossover/

Amazing Member Orf with his head's Avatar

Wasn’t there ad’s in the X-Men 30th anniversary one shot for a mini-series for Gatecrasher’s Technet and it was going to be drawn by Dwayne Turner, and a Sauron one shot drawn by a big artists who’s name I can’t remember (something Flint??)

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Not exactly comics, but James Cameron once talked about the creation of the first Terminator film. “The Terminator came from a dream that I had while I was sick with a fever in a cheap pensione in Rome in 1981. It was the image of a chrome skeleton emerging from a fire. When I woke up, I began sketching on the hotel stationery.”

All the film is just a long overture to the scene near the end where the killer robot emerges from the fire. Directly from Cameron's nightmares to your screen!

When gijoe the movie was in the works for theatres rumor was a limited series was planned like transformers the movie did but when it was sent to video (would get a theatre release at last this year! Better late than never.) it got shelved.

Anyone know if that rumor is true? Would make sense as big as gijoe was than.

Marvel had a young astronauts comic in the works based on the show and it even was on some of the comic subscription pages! Then never came out!

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

A little wizards comic based on the cartoon was in the works. Marvel had it in sub- yeah same as the other. Never came out.

[IMG][/IMG]

How many kids sent off for those comics only to never get them? Lol.

Marvel had a young astronauts comic in the works based on the show and it even was on some of the comic subscription pages! Then never came out!
    The show never came out either. This was due to a little thing called the Challenger explosion.

Oddly enough, the Happy Meal toys did come out, but this was much later.

The whole thing is lost media other than one episode that aired. Kids' books made it out as i have one. Some merch made it out and it was on the saturday preview that month.

Only one episode aired but pulled the next week after the challenger crash.

Here is about the comic version--