Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Not sure if it was mentioned here, but we have the original proposal for X-Factor, minus the return of Jean Grey. As someone that really didn't like the return of Jean Grey, because, IMHO, it cheapend her sacrifice, and the awsome story that was the Dark Phoenix Saga, and it ruined Scott's character, I sure would have liked to see how X-Factor would have turned out with Dazzler, or Maddie getting powers, which, I think, were the two proposals on the table.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Not sure if it was mentioned here, but we have the original proposal for X-Factor, minus the return of Jean Grey. As someone that really didn't like the return of Jean Grey, because, IMHO, it cheapend her sacrifice, and the awsome story that was the Dark Phoenix Saga, and it ruined Scott's character, I sure would have liked to see how X-Factor would have turned out with Dazzler, or Maddie getting powers, which, I think, were the two proposals on the table.

Peace
    I think Jean’s sister was under consideration at one point as well
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Funny thing is dazzler joining x-factor was starting to set up in beauty and the beast limited series than she was asked to join at the end of her series. Then marvel never brought it up again after!

https://www.cbr.com/when-dazzler-joi...or-then-didnt/

The hilarious thing, though, is that obviously Dazzler's ongoing series was set to end at just the same time, since she was going to move on to "X-Factor." So Beast guest-stars in the final issue of "Dazzler" (#42 by Archie Goodwin, Paul Chadwick and Romeo Tanghal) and he flat out asks her to join X-Factor!

Extraordinary Member

Peace
    They could of left Jean dead and used Rachel to fill her spot. Would have created some nice family drama with her and Scott and maybe had her date Bobby.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I think Jean’s sister was under consideration at one point as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Funny thing is dazzler joining x-factor was starting to set up in beauty and the beast limited series than she was asked to join at the end of her series. Then marvel never brought it up again after!

https://www.cbr.com/when-dazzler-joi...or-then-didnt/
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    They could of left Jean dead and used Rachel to fill her spot. Would have created some nice family drama with her and Scott and maybe had her date Bobby.
    There were soooo many things that they could have done instead of bringing back Jean. Mind you, I liked her, but the ending of the Dark Phoenix saga was revolutionary, groundbreaking. Bringing her back, as I've said, IMHO, cheapened it, and set the X-Universe in that endless cycle of recycling where death means nothing and characters are always brought back. It even became a recurring joke. The franchise went from one who was never afraid of taking risks to one that insisted on playing it safe, regurgitating the same ideas. Honestly, Dazzler, Maddie, Sarah Grey, or Rachel, any of them would have moved the story foward better than bringing back Jean, and would have, in some way, spared quite a bit Cyclops' character.
    Just my two cents.

Peace

Extraordinary Member

There were soooo many things that they could have done instead of bringing back Jean. Mind you, I liked her, but the ending of the Dark Phoenix saga was revolutionary, groundbreaking. Bringing her back, as I've said, IMHO, cheapened it, and set the X-Universe in that endless cycle of recycling where death means nothing and characters are always brought back. It even became a recurring joke. The franchise went from one who was never afraid of taking risks to one that insisted on playing it safe, regurgitating the same ideas. Honestly, Dazzler, Maddie, Sarah Grey, or Rachel, any of them would have moved the story foward better than bringing back Jean, and would have, in some way, spared quite a bit Cyclops' character.
    Just my two cents.

Peace
    Exactly...scumbag who abandons his wife and child just doesn't scream 'good guy' to me.

Scott comes to NY for the anniversary of Jean's death. Maddie and Nathan come with him and stay at the hotel while Scott meets with Hank, Warren and Bobby where the shuttle crashed. Rachel shows up as well. I don't think he knew she was his daughter at the time so this is when he finds out. They form X-Factor and Maddie is part of the support staff. She is NOT Jean's clone. Right there is a great premise of the book.

Was Rachel even around yet? The period we're talking about is after her debut in Days of Future Past, but it's before the Excalibur series she starred in as Phoenix.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Was Rachel even around yet? The period we're talking about is after her debut in Days of Future Past, but it's before the Excalibur series she starred in as Phoenix.
    Yes. Rachel arrived in the present around late X-Men 180's. X-Factor premiered sometime around X-Men 205. Ballpark numbers. I can't remember the exact issues right now.

Peace

Exactly...scumbag who abandons his wife and child just doesn't scream 'good guy' to me.

Scott comes to NY for the anniversary of Jean's death. Maddie and Nathan come with him and stay at the hotel while Scott meets with Hank, Warren and Bobby where the shuttle crashed. Rachel shows up as well. I don't think he knew she was his daughter at the time so this is when he finds out. They form X-Factor and Maddie is part of the support staff. She is NOT Jean's clone. Right there is a great premise of the book.
    Sounds interesting. Could've even explored Maddie's time as Anodyne, and whether or not she still retained Loki's gift...

Extraordinary Member

Yes. Rachel arrived in the present around late X-Men 180's. X-Factor premiered sometime around X-Men 205. Ballpark numbers. I can't remember the exact issues right now.

Peace
    Yeah...she was there when Nathan was born.

Peace
    If we're being exact, then Rachel's arrival in 616 is chronicled in both New Mutants #18/Uncanny X-Men #184

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-26-2022 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Yeah, that made him a jerk. Of course, marvel threw her under the bus after turning her into a clone than a crazy bad guy after.

Another story change was crystal was going to stay in the fantastic four in the 80s and marvel forced her out forcing them to change the ending of the evolutionary war/ secret wars 3 (two events in one story. Has that happened again after?) story last second and the next few issues had to write her out. Ironic she still showed up on the covers as a member the next few issues!

Then they forced reed and sue out of avengers after 5 issues. (With the dumb excuse cap was mad reed didn't tell him his plan. Something tony and hawkeye almost never did anyways! Almost as dumb as spidey kicked out of the avengers as a risk for telling jokes when hawkeye and beast did that all the time also! Cap was a dimwit in the 80s wasn't he?) Man, they were after the ff members in the 80s!

Art page from unreleased circuit breaker comic.

[IMG][/IMG]

While Secret Defenders did come out, at no point in the entire series do Maverick, Ghost Rider, or Johnny Blaze ever appear.

Ghost rider joined the secret defenders in the fantastic four comic. (also the new ff team)

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Gaastra; 10-23-2022 at 07:18 PM.