Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Proposed Marvel comics that Never came out?

In the subscription ads at the back of early 90s Marvels Terminator 2 is listed as a comic you could subscribe to. Other than the T2 movie adaptation and two late 90's miniseries' I never saw any other terminator comics.
    Anyone know the story on this?

There was also a Snake Plissken one-shot that was intended as a series in 1996.

Do YOU know of other comics that fell through? 2020-22 has probably seen a few...

I think there was a series for Blade and his Daughter called "Blades" announced but it never came out.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    In the subscription ads at the back of early 90s Marvels Terminator 2 is listed as a comic you could subscribe to. Other than the T2 movie adaptation and two late 90's miniseries' I never saw any other terminator comics.
    Anyone know the story on this?

There was also a Snake Plissken one-shot that was intended as a series in 1996.

Do YOU know of other comics that fell through? 2020-22 has probably seen a few...
    A planned Falcon book following Cap America & Falcon by Priest. Instead he did some comic about a guy in Wakanda.

SOMETHING was planned after Power Man & Ironfist ended. To follow Luke as a fugitive over Ironfist's death.

The New Warriors Outlawed mini-series.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The New Warriors Outlawed mini-series.
    That series lives in spirit with how some say Firestar is a cop lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Several Empyre tie-ins were also cancelled due to COVID. Though with Gwen Stacy now out, pretty much everything that was halted that isn't Empyre or Outlawed related has finally seen the light of day.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hopefully this counts, but my choice would be what Walt Simonson had in store for Thor

Astonishing Member

The Marvel Summer Special

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Marve...pecial_Vol_1_1

I was looking forward to it and with Krakoa here, its a missed opportunity that Marvel should take advantage while this era of X-MEN comics is here.

Incredible Member

There are Solicitations online for the first 4 issues of an Antman comic that never came out.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I was just going to add the Victor Von Doom series. I recall that got a good deal of press at the time. The Victor Von Doom one was pretty far along in the production process and even got a solicitation from Diamond Distributors. You can see by this image from issue #1 it was supposed to be realeased in November of 2011 but suddenly got cancelled. The reasons given were a bit murky. There were 3 covers already completed by artist Becky Cloonan and they were also visible for a while on Previews World.

I would guess that it would be pretty unusual for a comic to get this far a long only to never be released. I always wonder if there is some Becky Cloonan art out there somewhere from this. There had to be some pages completed before it was pulled. The reasons were a bit vague but I guess there was an issue due to with Marvel's financial situation at the time.

I dug up an old article from 2011 at Comicbook.com

The promotional ad might say "Doomed to Hell," but in fact Nick Spencer and Becky Cloonan's Victor Von Doom miniseries is apparently headed for Limbo instead. Originally set to ship on Wednesday the miniseries, which tells the tale of Victor Von Doom's young adventures before the disfiguring accident that made him into Dr. Doom, will not ship. The book was set to be edited by the recently-laid-off Alejandro Arbona, and the cancellation was announced first by Bleeding Cool, who claimed at the time that Cloonan had not turned in any art, and then by Comics Beat, who confirmed it was a "production issue" and not Cloonan which was to blame. "I see word is out about Victor Von Doom. Trust me, no one is more bummed about this than I am," Nick Spencer said on Twitter. "Really proud of the scripts and hope to get to work with Becky Cloonan sooner rather than later."
    Notice that the article which is dated November 5 2011 says that it was set to ship on Wednesday but never did. I recall having it on my pull list at the LCS.

Later on in 2012, I happen to go to Chicago's comicon C2E2 and Nick Spencer was there. Nick Spencer was one of the writers appearing there. I did briefly spoke to him and mentioned I was disappointed about the series. He said he was too.

There's another article from summer of 2011 here on CBR where Spencer and Cloonan both talk about there plans on the series. I forgot that it was originally Becky Cloonan's idea to do a "Teen Doom" mini series.

Spencer and Cloonan go to Hell in "Victor von Doom".
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-12-2022 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    SOMETHING was planned after Power Man & Ironfist ended. To follow Luke as a fugitive over Ironfist's death.

I remember this.

CBR used to have a feature about this sort of thing a few years ago.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    There are Solicitations online for the first 4 issues of an Antman comic that never came out.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ant-Man_(Canceled)_Vol_1
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    That series lives in spirit with how some say Firestar is a cop lol.
    Even though there was no confirmation she was actually helping arrest kids rather than just training the newbies .