Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    This makes no sense. They debuted Circuit Breaker in Secret Wars so Marvel can have the rights to the character but they were able to keep the characters they created in Micronauts while not being able to keep the rights to Red Sonja?
    Red Sonja was never their own creation. She's based on an existing character from Conan's mythos, and the rights holders later sold her off.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

There was meant to be an Ant Max series written by Daniel Way in the early 00’s, but it never got released. I think that may be due to Way outright admiting he doesn’t like Ant Man and was just given the book beacuse.
    Honestly I’m glad it never happened.
    Also one that hurts is Amazing Mary-Jane. We got 6 issues then covid happened and then nothing. I really wish Marvel would just say it’s canceled but alas, we will never know how that second arc ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even though there was no confirmation she was actually helping arrest kids rather than just training the newbies :P.
    I mean, she was an Avenger anyways, that's the worst possible crime against mutants according to some .

Anyways, Julia Carpenter back when she was Spider-Woman was rather blatantly supposed to get a mini based on her situation of being forced to be a government agent:

(Iron Man#214)

(Spectacular Spider-Man#126)

She did get a mini later, but it was about another story, and her situation with the government was solved a while after she joined the West Coast Avengers.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Was that when they lived in San Francisco?
    LOL! You're thinking of the '70s run from Conway/Gerber. The example that I gave was from the Post-Miller Era:

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-15-2022 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Made a Correction.

The Circuit Breaker stuff got me thinking about other Marvel UK stuff that almost got made but didn't.

1) The 1994 Death's Head II / Punisher mini series. Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning were writers and Bryan Hitch was on art.

DHII - Punisher.jpg

DHII - Punisher 2.jpg

DHII - Punisher 3.jpg

2) The 1992 (?) Doctor Who/Doctor Strange Crossover. Andrew Cartmel would have written, with Lee Sullivan on art.

Doctor Who - Doctor Strange.jpg

3) The one I'm saddest about.

The 1991 Death's Head new 4-issue series, written by Simon Furman and drawn by Geoff Senior. #1 was written/drawn and solicited in Advance Comics.

Death's Head would have been in the electric chair, and the story would have guest-starred the Fantastic Four.

There was a bit of fun earlier this year when Geoff Senior did a commission of Death's Head in the electric chair for someone. Simon Furman liked it so much he got some folks to colour it and mock it up to look like the "long lost" cover could have done.

Death's Head unpublished cover commission 2.jpg

https://twitter.com/SimonFurman3/sta...h-iKXnAHHOnnEQ

https://twitter.com/SimonFurman3/sta...naMPr6-DSqyMvg

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Yes, they concluded it as the GIANT-SIZE GWEN STACY one-shot, which printed all 5 chapters of the miniseries as one oversized comic. It came out about a month ago.
    Thank you for pointing that out. I misread the solicits and thought that the Giant Sized issue was just reprinting the issues that had already been released and the subsequent issues would follow. I've been waiting for them to be solicited. Now I know I need to pick up that issue.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Destroyers comes to mind.

As does Victor Von Doom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I was just going to add the Victor Von Doom series. I recall that got a good deal of press at the time. The Victor Von Doom one was pretty far along in the production process and even got a solicitation from Diamond Distributors. You can see by this image from issue #1 it was supposed to be realeased in November of 2011 but suddenly got cancelled. The reasons given were a bit murky. There were 3 covers already completed by artist Becky Cloonan and they were also visible for a while on Previews World.
    This brings back memories. After Doom got canceled I tweeted Fred Van Lente hoping that Destroyers wouldn't suffer the same fate. He tweeted back that unfortunately it was, and the media picked up it and ran articles about it, with a few naming me as the instigator of the whole thing! Guess I made Internet history in a small way.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Destroys sounds like it would have been a fun read.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I mean, she was an Avenger anyways, that's the worst possible crime against mutants according to some .

Anyways, Julia Carpenter back when she was Spider-Woman was rather blatantly supposed to get a mini based on her situation of being forced to be a government agent:

(Iron Man#214)

She did get a mini later, but it was about another story, and her situation with the government was solved a while after she joined the West Coast Avengers.
    So she did appear in Iron Man in the 80s? Did they actually interact much? Julia, of course, was used as the stand in for Tony's redheaded girlfriends Pepper Potts and Bethany Cabe in the 90s cartoon.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Back in 1987 I remember seeing an ad (In Marvel Age?) for a Joe Jusko project from Epic Illustrated called Hellriders…

…not to be confused w. Hell-rider…

…about a street level vigilante w. super strength that came and went randomly (I think).

The Jusko project never happened though some artwork is floating around.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 09-16-2022 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The New Warriors Outlawed mini-series.
    ^^^Skimming the thread, did anyone mention the NW book that just seemed too bad to be true?

Yes, that's the one Frontier was talking about!

There was meant to be a Rachel Summers/Phoenix mini that bridged her exit from Uncanny X-Men and the start of Excalibur (explaining why the transition from her being in Mojoworld seems so abrupt).