Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Warren Ellis' Satana series.

The art was eventually released in an omnibus, but I haven't been able to see it.

Anybody remember Razorline?

It was a Marvel imprint in the 90s for comic series created by Clive Barker. The released Saint Sinner, Hokum and Hex, Hyperkind, and Ectokid. marvel hyped the hell out of it, but none of which made it ten issues.

There were apparently a few more series that they were going to make in the line and a few issues where fully done but never published.

There are a few that weren’t mentioned yet.

A Dakota North comic in 2006 by CB Cebulski and Lauren McCubbin.

J. Scott Campbell’s Spider-Man with Jeph Loeb.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I really LOVED the Silver Centurion Iron Man armor.

Peace
    I prefer this over the usual red and yellow looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I've got a REAL obscure one. Back in the 1980s, I was working for Marvel Age Magazine (for those of you not old enough to remember it, Marvel Age was a public relations magazine, which gave information about upcoming Marvel projects). I was asked to meet with Jim Owsley (before you became Christopher Priest) to talk about a new project he was working on. It was an Angel limited series. I remember nothing about it except that the villain's name was Charlamagne. And it never came out. It was the only article I wrote for Marvel Age that was not published.
    Oho? That's interesting, "Charlamagne" is really close to "Charlemagne" from Spider-Man vs Wolverine:

If what you're saying is true, it's interesting he recycled the name in Spider-Man vs Wolverine, and hell, since Charlemagne is on a revenge streak, this could easily be changed into a story where she's a villain who has to be stopped (Assuming the original had the same motivations and whatnot).

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Re: Englehart and Mantis. That was one of Englehart's pet creations and he would toss her in just about everything he did back then. She even was in the Fantastic Four, not a team member thank goodness but was prominently features in an two parter with Kang. But it wouldn't surprise me had he proposed adding her to the comic and was turned down. He had a version of her in DC called Willow. IIRC there were some at Marvel that were pretty annoyed with him trying to add her in as a guest star in things that he wrote

Attachment 124799
    I do remember hearing that other writers got annoyed with that too, and that he made a version for her in DC, looks like he really liked her character concept lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I prefer this over the usual red and yellow looks.

Oho? That's interesting, "Charlamagne" is really close to "Charlemagne" from Spider-Man vs Wolverine:

If what you're saying is true, it's interesting he recycled the name in Spider-Man vs Wolverine, and hell, since Charlemagne is on a revenge streak, this could easily be changed into a story where she's a villain who has to be stopped (Assuming the original had the same motivations and whatnot).

I do remember hearing that other writers got annoyed with that too, and that he made a version for her in DC, looks like he really liked her character concept lol.
    It wouldn't shock me if Owsley/Priest recycled the name (or even the character) for another story. And what I'm saying is true. Why would I lie!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Re: Englehart and Mantis. That was one of Englehart's pet creations and he would toss her in just about everything he did back then. She even was in the Fantastic Four, not a team member thank goodness but was prominently features in an two parter with Kang. But it wouldn't surprise me had he proposed adding her to the comic and was turned down. He had a version of her in DC called Willow. IIRC there were some at Marvel that were pretty annoyed with him trying to add her in as a guest star in things that he wrote

Attachment 124799
    Yeah, his fixation with Mantis is well-known. I read when he inserted Mantis in a Justice League story, as Willow, however, I heard that he also inserted her in an Eclipse title he was writing, which I never read. The insertion of Mantis in the FF was another effect of his leaving WCA. It was like, "I'm leaving and I'm taking my toy with me." Though I'm not aware of the backstage story, he left WCA without concluding the split team storyline (DeFalco and Morgan concluded it, if I'm not mistaken, tieing the conclusion to DeFalco's own Thor run). Byrne, appearently, had no intrest in using her, so Englehart took her over to the FF, which he was also writing at the time. I actually like Mantis, but Englehart really goes over-board with her.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    On page one.
    ^^^Yeah, I got that!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I abhored almost everything I heard about this series, but I really liked that redesign of Night Thrasher.

Peace
    ^^^So did I!
    The beard was boss!

^^^Dont think I ever heard about this one.
    A Kirby Prisoner book seems like it would’ve been interesting.

^^^I'd forgotten all about Nick Fury/Punisher Rules of The Game.
    Saw the above pic in 1989 and got really excited for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Dont think I ever heard about this one.
    A Kirby Prisoner book seems like it would’ve been interesting.
    That one sort of came out (albeit in unfinished form):

https://www.amazon.com/Prisoner-Jack.../dp/1785862871

In the 80s x-men havok "kills" storm. We find out later she was not killed but turned into a kid and teleported somewhere else. Trouble is we saw her dead body after and it was clearly storm. Oops.

Marvel was asked in the letter section, and they admitted the mess up but said it is going to lead to a big upcoming story on who the dead "storm" really is.

Story never got made!

[IMG][/IMG]

Speaking of transformers after the uk tale man of iron was printed in the comic someone asked if more uk transformers stories will be printed in the comic in america. Marvel said they had plans.

They never printed anymore!
    Last edited by Gaastra; 09-23-2022 at 04:37 PM.

Cerebus/X-men was advertised in comic magazines in the early 80s. Apparently Claremont and Sim met up at a convention and brainstormed it. After a meeting with Shooter, Sim realized that they were only doing it to make Claremont happy and they didn't expect the book to sell well at all. That pretty much killed Sim's interest in doing it.

^^^Speaking of Shooter, wasn't he the one who shot down the first JLA/Avengers Crossover Event?

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-23-2022 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    That one sort of came out (albeit in unfinished form):

https://www.amazon.com/Prisoner-Jack.../dp/1785862871
    ^^^oh, so cool! Ty for the link!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

Cerebus/X-men was advertised in comic magazines in the early 80s. Apparently Claremont and Sim met up at a convention and brainstormed it. After a meeting with Shooter, Sim realized that they were only doing it to make Claremont happy and they didn't expect the book to sell well at all. That pretty much killed Sim's interest in doing it.
    ^^^Thats too bad.
    It puts me in mind of the DC/Looney Toons Batman/TMNT books. Maybe it was just ahead of its time.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    ^^^Speaking of Shooter, wasn't he the one who shot down the first JLA/Avengers Crossover Event?

^^^I think this one was worth waiting for.
    From what I’ve read, the backstage politics was just toxic on this. 20+ years later w. the changes in the industry and all, I think the bigwigs at both companies looked back on what almost was and were more open to making it happen. And we the fans got a great read out of it.

Also, damn I miss George Perez.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

It's a bit more complicated than that. Shooter was very much a "I'm the boss. Everything needs to be in writing. I have to approve it before anything goes forward" type. DC's editorial at the time was more "Eh... whatever. I put my guys on it. They'll take care of things."

DC set a script that was horrible according to anyone that's seen it, then passed it along to the artist without getting Shooter's approval. Apparently they had the mentality where they didn't care if it was good or not, it would sell like pancakes. Shooter got personally offended by DCs lack of protocol and how they were trying to work around him (which may have at least partially been due to a miscommunication). The whole thing was a mess really.

Not only did this kill the Avengers/JLA book, but there was going to be a second X-men/Teen Titans that got the axe because of this. At one point they had even announced X-men/Titans were going to be annual events.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    It's a bit more complicated than that. Shooter was very much a "I'm the boss. Everything needs to be in writing. I have to approve it before anything goes forward" type. DC's editorial at the time was more "Eh... whatever. I put my guys on it. They'll take care of things."

DC set a script that was horrible according to anyone that's seen it, then passed it along to the artist without getting Shooter's approval. Apparently they had the mentality where they didn't care if it was good or not, it would sell like pancakes. Shooter got personally offended by DCs lack of protocol and how they were trying to work around him (which may have at least partially been due to a miscommunication). The whole thing was a mess really.

Not only did this kill the Avengers/JLA book, but there was going to be a second X-men/Teen Titans that got the axe because of this. At one point they had even announced X-men/Titans were going to be annual events.
    Damn. That IS a great explanation. Seriously, thank you for the enlightenment.