Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default X-Men Monday #171 – X Me Anything With Jordan D. White

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/09/12/x-...ordan-d-white/

"Our first installment of X Me Anything (in the now-classic X-Men Monday #167!) proved to be pretty popular. Turns out X-Fans have a lot of questions about… everything. Well, we certainly don’t cover everything this time around, but I think there’s a pretty good mix of topics. You be the judge as we welcome back X-Men Senior Editor Jordan D. White!"

Some hand-picked nuggets:

AIPT: First, X-Fan Vit wanted to thank you for the awesome Gambit mini-series by Chris Claremont and Sid Kotian. Vit really loves it and is happy to see that Gambit #1 broke the top 20 July comic sales. Vit’s question is what must Gambit fans do to see more Gambit solo stories in the present and finally see Remy starring in main events?

Jordan: I mean, it sounds like you’re already doing your part, which is buying the Gambit mini-series and making it a big seller. I think that’s obviously the biggest thing — if we see that Gambit books sell, then Marvel will want us to make more of them.

Gambit’s a great character, so we do try to keep him in the thick of things as much as we can. Obviously, he’s been in Excalibur and then Knight of X recently. With Knights of X ending, he’ll end up somewhere else. Where? It remains to be seen, so you shall see. But I suspect that you will enjoy some more Gambit content in the future. (his answer on Gambit continues on)

AIPT: While on the topic of telepaths, X-Fan Lystra said with Betsy Braddock banned from Britain, claiming Krakoan citizenship, and possibly going on multiverse adventures, what significance do you feel the Captain Britain mantle holds for her? It feels like the name and colors don’t match with her mission statement anymore.

Jordan: I think that’s Britain’s problem. [Laughs] I mean, she was chosen for the mantle and the Captain Britain Corps are bigger than any one country. She was chosen for the mantle and sinister forces within the British government are conspiring to deny her that right. For her to just abandon it would be just giving up and letting them win. And I don’t think that she has any interest in doing that. I also don’t think she’s ready to abandon Britain. So I don’t expect that story’s over. I think you will see future developments on that.

AIPT: When might we see those future developments?

Jordan: I can’t say but it won’t be too long.

AIPT: NeXt, let’s take a trip to the not-too-distant past. X-Fan Luckyme was curious to learn what you think about the Uncanny Avengers concept and whether you think it could make a return in the Krakoan Era.

Jordan: I do think it could come back. There are ways in which the mutants and the Avengers are as divided as ever, if not more so. But there are other ways where I think that they either are working together or need to be working together even more. I mean, in A.X.E.: Judgment Day, you’re seeing some connections between them forming and shifting and things like that. So I would not be shocked to see that concept come back in the Krakoan era.

AIPT: Well, Reine knows magic, and X-Fan Sinister was wondering if there are plans for a magic school on Krakoa.

Jordan: That’s a fun question, because that’s been teased a little bit with the characters talking about the concept of it. Obviously, the whole idea of mutant magic started in Tini Howard’s Excalibur and the development of the idea of Apocalypse as a kind of a mage training Rictor in it as a druid. And I know at one point him and Magik had a conversation about the possibility of that. I think anything is possible. It depends on whether or not we think people would want to buy a magic school X-Men comic.

Right now, obviously there’s already a magic school book in the Marvel Universe with Strange Academy. And people seem to be enjoying it. So you never know, especially if that book continues to thrive, I would not be totally shocked to hear, “Hey, let’s see if we could do an X-Men Magic school.”

AIPT: As we wrap up, we haven’t spoken since the S.O.S. teaser dropped. It was fun to see so many people sharing your “Sinister, Sinister, Sinister” answer from the last XMA as a possible explanation for it. So, X-Fan Tyler Zinsmeister asked if there’s anything you can tease about Sins of Sinister.

Jordan: This is a story we’ve been cooking up for a while. I think it’s going to be really neat. It’s too early for me to tell you the shape of it and exactly how it works. But some folks that you’re well familiar with in the X-Office are working on it currently, and designs are coming in for new looks and new versions of characters that are awesome.

Hopefully it won’t be too long before you guys are able to see some art of these folks. It playfully uses a concept that Jonathan Hickman introduced in Powers of X in a fun way that gets very messed up and dark. And it obviously is driven by Sinister. This is the future that Sinister wants.

AIPT: Very nice. And finally, between now and the end of 2022, can we expect any additional X-series announcements?

Jordan: Oh yeah, definitely. Absolutely. Yes, you can definitely expect to hear about some new X-projects before the end of the year. Some of which I’ve probably evaded mentioning in this interview already. [Laughs]
    Also looks like perhaps our own Uncanny X-Man got a good question in about the MCU/comic/Animated series connections.

And eXclusive art:

EDIT: Whoops I forgot the link to the interview, there you go!
    Last edited by JB; 09-12-2022 at 05:41 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The provocative placement of Logan snd Forearm tho...

And what's that little purple animal thing?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Thanks for posting this, Jbenito!

I want to once again say I really enjoy JDW's interviews, I don't like everything his office does and don't agree with everything he says, but I like how candid he always comes across as in his replies, giving it straight to the readers even though it's often not what we want to hear. I also appreciate the fact he's basically the only Marvel editor nowadays to make himself available for interviews on any regular basis, so kudos to him and Chris Hassan both. I also love it when they pick my questions .

Reading between the lines, I would be shocked if a new Uncanny Avengers/Unity Squad didn't come out of AXE - I felt like Gerry Duggan was also slightly hinting at it in the Hellfire Gala one-shot and the end of a mega-crossover sounds like a likely place for it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Thanks for posting this, Jbenito!

I want to once again say I really enjoy JDW's interviews, I don't like everything his office does and don't agree with everything he says, but I like how candid he always comes across as in his replies, giving it straight to the readers even though it's often not what we want to hear. I also appreciate the fact he's basically the only Marvel editor nowadays to make himself available for interviews on any regular basis, so kudos to him and Chris Hassan both. I also love it when they pick my questions .

Reading between the lines, I would be shocked if a new Uncanny Avengers/Unity Squad didn't come out of AXE - I felt like Gerry Duggan was also slightly hinting at it in the Hellfire Gala one-shot and the end of a mega-crossover sounds like a likely place for it to happen.
    I agree with you completely. I appreciate Jordan making the time for these interviews and we get some interesting information.

You asked a great question and his answer provided some good behind-the-scenes insight. I like that they do present to the studios but for the most part they remain separate.

When he said "Yes, you can definitely expect to hear about some new X-projects before the end of the year. Some of which I’ve probably evaded mentioning in this interview already", I 100% thought about Uncanny Avengers. Seeing Captain America attacked by that mob outside the Treehouse almost feels like a prologue of literally a new unity squad. And the solicit for JD #6 could be hinting to it as well.
    "It’s not that nothing will be the same again – it’s that unless heroes can find a new way to be heroes, everything will be nothing forever."

I'm all for it! Who knows, perhaps that's the book he was referring to with Rogue being heavily featured.
    Last edited by JB; 09-12-2022 at 07:05 AM.

Marvel loves to tease new series spinning-off of events, so I wouldn’t be surprised if we got a hit or announcement of something in November when Judgement Day wraps up. Besides that they need to announce the next Howard/ Betsy series and more details around SoS. Anything else we can anticipate in terms of announcements?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Anything else we can anticipate in terms of announcements?
    Hellion mini. He's making all these cameos for a reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Marvel loves to tease new series spinning-off of events, so I wouldn’t be surprised if we got a hit or announcement of something in November when Judgement Day wraps up. Besides that they need to announce the next Howard/ Betsy series and more details around SoS. Anything else we can anticipate in terms of announcements?
    I wonder if Immortal will morph after issue 12 as some have speculated. So along with new series, perhaps a reshuffle announcement of some sort.

If a new Uncanny Avengers is in the works, it's interesting timing with Aaron's Avengers run ending in December.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    It's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

The provocative placement of Logan snd Forearm tho...

And what's that little purple animal thing?
    At first I thought Logan was sitting on the guys lap. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    At first I thought Logan was sitting on the guys lap. Lol
    That's exactly what I thought. Facial expressions and all.

Because of Jordan's answers regarding sales, both about the Gambit mini and in general, I'm going to start pre-ordering floppys of books I absolutely love on top of digitally purchasing. I'll be starting with X-Men Red #7 because that book deserves to be in the top 10 every month.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    1001 ways to mame a hellion. It's noting but him loosing his hands over and over again for 6 issues

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    1001 ways to mame a hellion. It's noting but him loosing his hands over and over again for 6 issues
    Don't give them ideas. If Liu comes back she would probably run with this...
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

Oh, so stingy. Only a headshot of Sobunar was given.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

I love the convenient rips in Ali's outfit .

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Uncanny Avengers, ugh. Will we have Havok saying people should call him Alex again?