View Poll Results: Which Crossover is MOST LIKELY to happen?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Superman / Spider-Man

0 0%
  • Batman / Spider-Man

5 25.00%
  • Avengers / JL

8 40.00%
  • X-Men / Titans (plus Batman)

1 5.00%
  • Deadpool / Harley Quinn

2 10.00%
  • Spiderverse / JL (animated)

1 5.00%
  • Spiderverse / Teen Titans (animated)

1 5.00%
  • Fantastic Four / Superman

0 0%
  • Batman / Wolverine

1 5.00%
  • Superman / Avengers

1 5.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    For historical symmetry, it should be a Warner-Disney co-production of THE WIZARD OF OZ, given that was the first book that the two comic book publishers co-published--the tabloid sized MGM'S MARVELOUS WIZARD OF OZ (1975), adapted from Metro-Goldwyn Mayer's THE WIZARD OF OZ by Roy Thomas, John Buscema, Tony DeZuniga and the Tribe.
    That would be cool, although people would think it's a waste without any Marvel/DC superhero characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    First crossover was gotg vol 2 who had mantis / willow who lived in both universes!
    I wonder if James Gunn has enough pull to do a Guardians of the Galaxy/Suicide Squad meet and greet?

If we're talking characters who exist in both universes, there are gods such as Zeus appearing in both Wonder Woman and Thor: Love and Thunder. And then if Netflix's Sandman goes on long enough to get to Season of Mists...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Second was chip and dale rescue rangers movie that has avengers tigra and jla batman in the same movie!
    That is true. I voted Spiderverse/Teen Titans since Stan Lee appeared in both animated movies. Speaking of Batman, does Disney have much of a claim to Batman 1966?

I had a hard time voting myself since all the projects I chose for the poll I considered to be viable. Ultimately, I think animation might be the first foray - a "dip a toe in the water" kinda deal between the two companies - especially since live action would be SOOOOO much more expensive.

I voted Spider-verse/JL because of the success of Spiderverse and its premise is already based on traversing alternate dimensions. Then if you're going to go DC, the JL are the biggest dogs to bring to the party - and it would be SOOOOO much less expensive to bring in voice-actors (whether they're the live action ones or not) rather than do the JL live action.

Ultimate Member

I went with Deadpool / Harley Quinn because both franchises already poke fun at their respective 'worlds,' and it's really only a step further into their sort of self-aware tongue-in-cheek cheekiness for them to get together and break all the walls / rules. Plus it could be hilarious to see Ryan Reynolds and Margot Robbie trying to out-over-the-top each other, each sort of muttering sideways to the camera, 'This one is a real attention hog / scene-stealer / drama queen...'

*Plus* the horrified reaction of literally any other resident of their respective worlds. "This chucklehead is representing us? An entire universe's sole perception of us is being shaped by this nutjob?"
    Last edited by Sutekh; 09-13-2022 at 10:20 PM.

Incredible Member

animated might be easier than live action , way too many elements to deal with in live action. Maybe why there's dc and marvel references in chip and dale and the only other time warners and disney co-exist was who framed roger rabbit where daffy and donald sharing the same screen or mickey mouse and bugs bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I went with Deadpool / Harley Quinn because both franchises already poke fun at their respective 'worlds,' and it's really only a step further into their sort of self-aware tongue-in-cheek cheekiness for them to get together and break all the walls / rules. Plus it could be hilarious to see Ryan Reynolds and Margot Robbie trying to out-over-the-top each other, each sort of muttering sideways to the camera, 'This one is a real attention hog / scene-stealer / drama queen...'

*Plus* the horrified reaction of literally any other resident of their respective worlds. "This chucklehead is representing us? An entire universe's sole perception of us is being shaped by this nutjob?"
    Deadpool was my first choice for this exact reason. Not sure if Harley is the best counterpart, I can't really think of an equal character at DC.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Deadpool was my first choice for this exact reason. Not sure if Harley is the best counterpart, I can't really think of an equal character at DC.
    Deadpool/Peacemaker would be hilarious. The soundtrack alone... (not to mention the meta jokes Deadpool would lay on Vigilante)