Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Dick and Damian were the best, but it's been established Damian was still Bruce's Robin.
    He became Bruce’s robin, but after his death in Batman’s inc things never really went right. Perhaps it’s becuase Batman failed again with an even younger child dying that their pair up consistently is harder.

Ever since then Damian been on his solo journey to find himself as a person spanning now 4 years

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Honestly, kinda wished people would finally let that go. They worked together only for a year, Dick won't replsce Bruce as Batman again and Dick barely gets enough attention in his own Nightwing book as it is.
    Never gonna let it go

It was a fresh take on the dynamic that ended to soon becuase you can’t keep a good Wayne down and then regressed dick and Damian

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I felt like with Bruce it did. At least for that run. God knows the kid needs it.
    I genuinely don't get how you came to that conclusion. When Bruce gave him orders without explaining them or tried to be authorian in any other way he usually failed and Damian didn't do what he wanted.
    Damian was more inclined to do what he wanted when Bruce tried to show understanding, patience and trust.

And, no, the kid does not need to be put in his place. That approach has never worked on Damian. How can he need something we've never seen working?

I mean, Bruce and Damian start out bad. Then get better. Then writers write them being bad again because they can't think of any better conflict.

I mean, Bruce and Damian start out bad. Then get better. Then writers write them being bad again because they can't think of any better conflict.
    And they always seem to forget that they're parent and child, so Bruce just ends up looking abusive and neglectful and somehow that's Damian fault.

And those circles usually start out with Bruce forgetting everything he learned about being a good parent to Damian. Like that trying to put him in his place instead of showing understanding, trust and patience doesn't work with him and only makes things worse.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    And they always seem to forget that they're parent and child, so Bruce just ends up looking abusive and neglectful and somehow that's Damian fault.
    Yeah, we had that again in Batman vs Robin.
    Looking all imposing while saying "this is still my house" might be a cool moment if he was talking to a villain. But he's trying to intimidate his own kid. And if he was already sure that Damian must be possessed then, well, I doubt that entity is going to care what Bruce thinks.

Bruce sounded like an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    And those circles usually start out with Bruce forgetting everything he learned about being a good parent to Damian. Like that trying to put him in his place instead of showing understanding, trust and patience doesn't work with him and only makes things worse.
    Both Bruce and Damian have a bad habit of writers forgetting their character development to force conflicts.

Spectacular Member

I suppose on the upside at least the run should sell well and it has received very positive reviews.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Just flipped through BvR 1.

This read like a pile of unrelated nonsense. Do I need to read everything DC to get this? Why is Zatanna dead? I guess the twist is that Bruce is possessed?
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post

This read like a pile of unrelated nonsense. Do I need to read everything DC to get this? Why is Zatanna dead? I guess the twist is that Bruce is possessed?
    She says why she is imbetween life and death in the issue so no you don’t

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post

At least from the perspective of a Damian fan it would be a nice twist if Bruce was possessed and this was all in his head or something.

But it doesn't look like it. There was too much setup with Damian's heart being in Mother Soul's possession having something to do with it and DC loves Bruce being the hero who solves everything too much for Bruce to be the one in need of saving if you ask me.

Just look at the latest rumors at bleedingcool. According to them the batfamily will be captured both by Failsafe in Batman and by Mother Soul in Batman vs Robin. I get that Bruce is DC's protagonist, but at least give them something more useful to do?

Spectacular Member

So was the point of the gem supposed to be that Eclipso used his ability to corrupt Damian?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OOPS View Post
    So was the point of the gem supposed to be that Eclipso used his ability to corrupt Damian?
    No read worlds finest issue 4