Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    No read worlds finest issue 4
    I did read it. To me, the possession here was presented differently as the possessed retained agency.

Quote Originally Posted by OOPS View Post
    So was the point of the gem supposed to be that Eclipso used his ability to corrupt Damian?
    Nope, Nezha has placed Damian under a spell because he has access to his heart from Mother Soul.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member

So why is Damian able to make independent choices and have independent thought unlike those possessed in World Finest?

Extraordinary Member

So why is Damian able to make independent choices and have independent thought unlike those possessed in World Finest?
    Their guided by his insecurities and dark impulses.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Just flipped through BvR 1.

This read like a pile of unrelated nonsense. Do I need to read everything DC to get this? Why is Zatanna dead? I guess the twist is that Bruce is possessed?
    Yeah, you really flipped through the book.

Nezha sent Damian to assassinate the DC magic users first.
    "Cable was right!"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

Nezha sent Damian to assassinate the DC magic users first.
    Ok, so I missed that too. I thought Damian changed magic itself, which then impacted the magic users?

Spectacular Member

Ok, so I missed that too. I thought Damian changed magic itself, which then impacted the magic users?
    That would've been cool. I wish they did that instead

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    To be fair, I was also chatting at the same time. Lol.

I'm really only interested in seeing if Alfred is actually back and if so, how.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Loco View Post
    Damian doesn’t really work as Bruce Wayne’s Robin. He was fantastic as Dick Grayson’s Robin. Bruce and Damian don’t complement one another, so writers fall into the plot of having them at odds over and over. Authoritarian mentor + rebellious sidekick = conflict.

I have to agree with you about Damian doesn't work well as Bruce's Robin . He was definitely fantastic as Grayson's Robin ,the two were a great match . Lately we've seen Tim with Bruce and that actually feels much better. It also works when Nightwing shows up to back up Bruce in some stories too. I really enjoyed the Damian Robin series and was disappointed when it suddenly ended for this not needed conflict. But if they wanted to have Bruce vs Damian , it could have continued in Robin . Also curious about Alfred , is it really him or not ?

I don't know, they worked together okay in Tomasi's run.

Astonishing Member

It depends on writer. It's clear, that most of them have some issues with writing Bruce and Damian as Dynamic Duo, probably because they don't have ''classic'' dynamic. Tomasi is just an exception.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 09-29-2022 at 04:30 AM.