Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What Marvel Comics Are You Currently Reading?

I thought it would be fun to set up a What marvel Book are you reading like the thread in the Spider-Man Forum. Just list what issues or story arcs you are reading, thoughts on them etc...

I will go first.

I am currently reading some issues from 1968 I read Daredevil 42-47 this morning and am currently reading Incredible Hulk 102 - 110. I just got through the issue he first fights The Rhino. I enjoy when other baddies show up in other heroes books. Really makes it feel like a shared Universe. And in the late 60s early 70s it felt better before things got bloated and out of hand.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Fantastic Four (It would take a lot for me to stop reading this book. It's been over 50 years and a lot of effort to find and acquire them missing back issues.)
    Miracleman (Since the Red Sox, White Sox, and Cubs have all won the World Series, it's very possible this might actually be coming out again. "Coming soon, Miracleman #25 We Promise, Eclipse Comics.")
    She Hulk (This is one of my creator sensitive series. If I like the writer and artist, I get it. More often than not I do, though.)
    Strange (Um, sureeeee, Steve's permanently dead. Anyway, I go back to Marvel Premiere with this series and this often brings out the weird talent in many creators.)

And now, the minis:

Ant-Man (Halfway through I am enjoying the Ewing story. I am hoping it doesn't end by continuing into so many other books. THE END is not a dirty phrase you know, Marvel!)
    Dr. Strange: Fall Sunrise (It's Doc with an unusual [for me anyway] creator. Default is buy it.)
    Variants (Gail Simone is an underrated writer who often is associated with women characters. She is actually a damn good superhero writer.)

As for past stories I've been reading, I've gone back and read the Eternals by Kirby, Gaiman, and Gillen (just pre AXE) and I am finding a lot more to them than I had seen when first looking at them. I was somehow unimpressed with Gaiman's story, but on relooking at it, there is so much more I missed then. And Kirby's stuff was a hell of a lot deeper than it appeared to teenage me.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Incredible Member

For me it's:

CAPTAIN AMERICA-SENTINEL OF LIBERTY
    CAPTAIN AMERICA: SYMBOL OF TRUTH
    CAPTAIN MARVEL
    FANTASTIC FOUR
    MARAUDERS
    MILES MORALES SPIDER-MAN
    MOON KNIGHT
    SHE-HULK
    X-MEN
    X-MEN: RED

Read in trade only:

IRON MAN

Minis:

ANT-MAN
    DEFENDERS BEYOND
    GENIS-VELL: CAPTAIN MARVEL
    KNIGHTS OF X
    THUNDERBOLTS (still hoping it gets extending to an on-going)
    VARIANTS

That's all of what is currently out, I have other one-shots and minis on the way .

Captain Marvel
    Avengers
    AXE: Judgement Day
    Star Wars
    Darth Vader
    All-Out Avengers

The current volume of Captain Marvel is the best that Carol Danvers has been since she became Captain Marvel.

Spectacular Member

Just read FF: Full Circle last night and was absolutely floored. Seriously one of the best things I've read in years, I was mesmerized by a double splash of Annihilus eating of all things.

Ewing's Ant-man is also really great. Have been reading Rowell's She-Hulk, and may keep buying it for Jen Bartel's covers, but maaan it's been a dull read for the past couple issues.

Will 1000000% be buying Tradd Moore's Dr. Strange thing.

Incredible Member

AXE Judgement Day
    X-men Red
    Immortal X-men
    Daredevil
    Eternals
    Iron Man
    Ant Man
    Genis-Vell Captain Marvel
    Venom
    Defenders Beyond
    Doctor Aphra
    Moon Knight
    Thor

Avengers
    All-Out Avengers
    Amazing Spider-Man
    Captain America: Symbol of Truth
    Daredevil
    Fantastic Four
    Ghost Rider
    Iron Man
    Moon Knight
    Strange
    Savage Avengers
    X-Men
    X-Men Red
    Immortal X-Men
    Thunderbolts
    Captain Marvel: Genis Vell

Amazing Spiderman
    Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty
    Captain America: Symbol of Truth
    Ghost Rider
    Moon Knight
    Venom - although I am dropping for now.

I read 1968 Ironman and Incredible Hulk. So I am going to go with a goofy choice next and read my back issues of Super Pro
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Keeping it to Savage Avengers and Daredevil. Will try the new Scarlet Witch when it starts

Just off what i've read the last few months and the top of my head.

Fantastic Four- Reckoning war was actually a really fun story. Love the status change of Ben being a dad and it just fits his character so well. Johnny really fell through the cracks in this series and for me the character made little sense, Val had some great moments, Franklyn was at his lowest in the sense that everything about him was just so dark and drab and poser emo but there were some really strong moments tied in like the forever gate, Reed getting a new sister worked better for me than i thought but i felt the kids were a bit too familiar with the aunt thing so her responses felt real and it was nice for it to wrap with Franklyn finally in a more cheerful space. The lost of his powers and all that storyline flux felt like a waste of space as did the whole Skye plot which while skye was interesting at first drove me away from the book off and on, mainly the Johnny stories held my interest the least and again i honestly can't think of a stand out Sue scene but overall pretty decent.

X-men Red- I could gush all day about this book but i won't/

Amazing spiderman- this one has had some misses and when i say misses i mean big misses but overall it has been consistent. I think the worst issues for me were issue 900 and the issue where peter felt like he was suppose to be 16. as though he had never flown before. the vulcan issue so i guess the one before this but this latest issue i really enjoyed so still on board and will get Dark Web but most likely not the X issues tbc.

Ms Marvel- i got both the Xmen and Moon Knight one. The X-men one the story was really fun the moon knight one the art was really mesmerizing.

X-men 92 House of- Greeeeeeeeat! This was just nostalgic goodness.

She Hulk- I'm behind on this one but i've been enjoying the series i think the last issue i read was the one after she was in jan's house trying on new threads and the guy showed up who name i can't remember right now or the issue after that. it's a little of a blur as it's been a bit. but overall fun it feels a lot like the show to be honest.

Thunderbolts- This was fun i already posted my thoughts in the thread though.

Defenders- Same. Ewing is firing on all cylinders. The beyonders and THE beyonder, good stuff.

Theres more but that's just what's on my mind right now i guess. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

just Captain Marvel, and Variants, these days.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Among the classics I've been reading, these three have been most enjoyable:

• Marvel Feature: Red Sonja - Really loving the artwork from Frank Thorne!

• Avengers - Legendary run from Pérez/Conway/Shooter!

• Defenders - Reading random issues concerning the cast from Omega, the Unknown!

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-17-2022 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Among the recently-released that I've been reading, these three have been most enjoyable:

• Gambit - Both Claremont & The Ragin' Cajun are back!

• Venom: Lethal Protector - Street justice at its finest!

• Genis-Vell: Captain Marvel - Loving the return of both Genny & PAD!

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-17-2022 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Pretty much everything. I’m behind on a lot, because I do loads of reviews, but I get to read almost any title I want for free.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com