Astonishing Member

Default Anyone Collects current Good runs in floppies then Collected Edition(Omnibus/OHC

I'm been doing this to reduce the amount of longboxes in my room and well I been runs that I collected in floppy form and then when a Omnibus or Oversized Hardcover collecting that run comes in, I turn in the floppies in my boxes to turn in for cash in my local comic store. Get the Omnibus or hardcover when it comes out, Anyone does that. I'm currently doing it with my Aaron Thor, Ewing Immortal Hulk, Spencer Spider-man, Mckay Black Cat, ect, anyone run which has a omnibus coming out or the first part of that in run in a part 1 omnibus. Anyone does that. Its a good way to support the comic industry of course it depends how much you willing to spend depending on your living situation.
    Last edited by Rzerox21xx; 09-13-2022 at 11:02 AM.

With a few books if they are good. I did it with Aaron's Thor as just the early Jane stuff gets you plenty of money for an omnibus.

I try to do something similar for runs that I am enjoying. I admittedly am well off financially so I get the floppies and then when the OHC/Omni's come out I donate the single issues to library and shelters so that potentially less fortunate children can discover and enjoy a hobby I have enjoyed for over 30 years. The only single issues I keep are Avengers titles as my father passed that collection to me and I have continued to collect it and fill in all the gaps so I can pass that on to my son.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I try to do something similar for runs that I am enjoying. I admittedly am well off financially so I get the floppies and then when the OHC/Omni's come out I donate the single issues to library and shelters so that potentially less fortunate children can discover and enjoy a hobby I have enjoyed for over 30 years. The only single issues I keep are Avengers titles as my father passed that collection to me and I have continued to collect it and fill in all the gaps so I can pass that on to my son.

Great thing you doing. What you do with floppies of more mature material that are too violent or sexual for kids like Deadpool with limbs flying around lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Great thing you doing. What you do with floppies of more mature material that are too violent or sexual for kids like Deadpool with limbs flying around lol.
    Lol good question. Generally it's not been a issue as I never was big on the mature ultra violent stuff and the ones that I was interested in I have a collected edition only policy for that type of material.