Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    You're welcome.

Thanks for that clarification. Come to think of it, it rather sucks that nothing from Ben's time as Spider-Man (or his original adventures as the Scarlet Spider) has been touched on in his current series.
    yeah, i can understand not wanting to bog down with continuity...but that choice definitely adds to the feeling/complaint that this ben is an entirely different ben
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    yeah, i can understand not wanting to bog down with continuity...but that choice definitely adds to the feeling/complaint that this ben is an entirely different ben
    What gets me is that the editors seemed to have a rather large influence on characters used. We talked here about villains like D'Spayre and Joystick being perfect fits for this new series; you'd think one of the editors would've pushed for either one to be used. They both make so much sense as villains for Ben at this point.

*Shrugs*

-Pav, who still wants the return of Armada too...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Exclamation

The conclusion of my Scarlet Spider/Doki Doki Literature crossover story posted -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12854184/22/Two-Lost-Souls

If so inclined, enjoy.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    What gets me is that the editors seemed to have a rather large influence on characters used. We talked here about villains like D'Spayre and Joystick being perfect fits for this new series; you'd think one of the editors would've pushed for either one to be used. They both make so much sense as villains for Ben at this point.

*Shrugs*

-Pav, who still wants the return of Armada too...
    As far as supporting cast...I’d love to see in order of want... Desiree, Jessica, Janine, Shirley and her son Devon, Jimmy-6, and even a leftover clone of Seward Trainer from ‘Dead No More/ Clone Conspiracy’ would be great fun (I have no affinity for Buzz or Gabrielle Greer however). I expect none of these, sadly. There was some fantastic character development happening with Desiree when Ben died, which was all wasted unfortunately. Yes, I’m a Ben/Desiree shipper. The Swarm 2-parter sold me. 😆

So, I thought Ben Reilly #23 was really good and caught me greatly by surprise, and now I'm interested to see how this all ends.

spoilers:
    Quick summary, Ben & Kaine go to give the cure to Abigail, while Kaine talks about not wanting to kill Ben anymore because of how much he's changed. As they enter, June tries to warn Ben about something but then forgets. Ben is about to give the dying Abigail the cure when they are suddenly visited by a Future Abigail who tells her mother to let her die, as the cure turns her immortal, living for over 500 years after humanity and everything after that dies out. They pull the plug, only to reveal Future Abigail is actually Mephisto and that June tried to warn him after being told by the angel. Mephisto tells Ben he changed Cassandra & Slate's memories so that Ben told him he was just gonna sell the cure and that if he can survive one hour without being killed he'll change them back. After telling him good luck, Ben is stabbed by Cassandra.
    end of spoilers

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    So, I thought Ben Reilly #23 was really good and caught me greatly by surprise, and now I'm interested to see how this all ends.

spoilers:
    Quick summary, Ben & Kaine go to give the cure to Abigail, while Kaine talks about not wanting to kill Ben anymore because of how much he's changed. As they enter, June tries to warn Ben about something but then forgets. Ben is about to give the dying Abigail the cure when they are suddenly visited by a Future Abigail who tells her mother to let her die, as the cure turns her immortal, living for over 500 years after humanity and everything after that dies out. They pull the plug, only to reveal Future Abigail is actually Mephisto and that June tried to warn him after being told by the angel. Mephisto tells Ben he changed Cassandra & Slate's memories so that Ben told him he was just gonna sell the cure and that if he can survive one hour without being killed he'll change them back. After telling him good luck, Ben is stabbed by Cassandra.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Mephisto, you diabolical f***. That being said, if this is what he does to Ben for not going through with their deal back in Damnation, imagine what he's going to do to Peter once he gets word of Peter's renewed relationship with Mary Jane. At least now it's confirmed that memory alteration is one of his powers, so the aftermath of One More Day makes a lot more sense now.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Holy hell.

What an issue.

-Pav, who needs to go read it again...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Holy hell.

What an issue.

-Pav, who needs to go read it again...
    "Holy hell" about sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    spoilers:
    Mephisto, you diabolical f***. That being said, if this is what he does to Ben for not going through with their deal back in Damnation, imagine what he's going to do to Peter once he gets word of Peter's renewed relationship with Mary Jane. At least now it's confirmed that memory alteration is one of his powers, so the aftermath of One More Day makes a lot more sense now.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Peter technically didn't go against his deal because, unlike Ben, he has no memory of it ever happening. So it's his own fault for putting too much faith in his spell.

Also slight Thanos Legacy spoilers, its funny seeing him in this, and then getting the **** kicked out of him over there.
    end of spoilers

I love the really expressive faces Ben and co have been making, like the artist has been knocking it out of the park these last few issues.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

This has been one unpredictable, wild ride.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    Peter technically didn't go against his deal because, unlike Ben, he has no memory of it ever happening. So it's his own fault for putting too much faith in his spell.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, Mephisto should have listened to MJ when she told Peter whatever he did to them wouldn't be able to overcome their love for each other
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah, Mephisto should have listened to MJ when she told Peter whatever he did to them wouldn't be able to overcome their love for each other
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's almost like love and marriage aren't an exclusive combination.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

spoilers:
    what silly Ben should have done is inject the angel blood in mephisto afterwards rather than making more deals with him.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    spoilers:
    what silly Ben should have done is inject the angel blood in mephisto afterwards rather than making more deals with him.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That would be extremely metal.
    end of spoilers