Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Chapter Twenty of Two Lost Souls posted. Green Goblin decides to make things personal as Ben & Kaine meet Aunt May!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12854184/20/Two-Lost-Souls

enjoy
    Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Friendly reminder that the new issue of Ben Reilly the Scarlet Spider is on sale tomorrow!

Previews remind us that Kaine has to fight an army of Mindless Ones while Ben and Dusk are up against Mysterio's daughter, Misty.

Sidenote to PAD, if he's reading: I like my Ben Reilly / Mysterio storylines to also involve Armada, so if you could just bring him back please and thank you.

-Pav, who can't wait for tomorrow...
    Thanks, guys. Sorry I haven't been reviewing the most recent chapters, Celgress. Still looking forward to and enjoying your fics, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Thanks, guys. Sorry I haven't been reviewing the most recent chapters, Celgress. Still looking forward to and enjoying your fics, though.
    No worries, take your time. I'm just happy you have enjoyed my stories thus far.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Spectacular Member Obsidian Spider's Avatar

Okay, so about issue 19:

I forget the spoiler code to hide my text so if you haven’t read the issue yet, don’t read this post. K?

I liked that this was a simple 2-parter. It was a classic Spidey adventure. It felt like it could have been Peter facing off against Mysterio. Except Ben was more harsh, verbally and physically.

They really set Mysterio up to be Ben’s arch nemesis. Well, Mysterio will think so but maybe not Ben. I mean, “causing” his daughter’s death, cutting off his hand, and belittling him. I hope the next time Beck puts on the fish bowl he has a mind-**** of an illusion for our dear Scarlet Spider. If you need to be reminded how badass Quentin can be, go read Kevin Smith’s Daredevil run from the 90s. Damn.

But I hope the next story gives us a new villain just for Ben. Let’s get original!

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Spider View Post
    Okay, so about issue 19:

I forget the spoiler code to hide my text so if you haven’t read the issue yet, don’t read this post. K?

I liked that this was a simple 2-parter. It was a classic Spidey adventure. It felt like it could have been Peter facing off against Mysterio. Except Ben was more harsh, verbally and physically.

They really set Mysterio up to be Ben’s arch nemesis. Well, Mysterio will think so but maybe not Ben. I mean, “causing” his daughter’s death, cutting off his hand, and belittling him. I hope the next time Beck puts on the fish bowl he has a mind-**** of an illusion for our dear Scarlet Spider. If you need to be reminded how badass Quentin can be, go read Kevin Smith’s Daredevil run from the 90s. Damn.

But I hope the next story gives us a new villain just for Ben. Let’s get original!
    might have to pick this one up. cheers!
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Spider View Post
    Okay, so about issue 19:

Well, Misty is a new character - even if she's a legacy.

Personally, I keep thinking about how perfect the Las Vegas setting would be for the return of Joystick. She's really who I want to see show up from Ben's past, almost more than anyone else.

-Pav, who hopes let's us know if he liked #19...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Well, Misty is a new character - even if she's a legacy.

Personally, I keep thinking about how perfect the Las Vegas setting would be for the return of Joystick. She's really who I want to see show up from Ben's past, almost more than anyone else.

-Pav, who hopes let's us know if he liked #19...
    Joystick is also one of my favorites from Ben Reilly's original solo web-slinger era. Las Vegas would also be the perfect setting for a return of the Great Game, which could require both Scarlet Spiders to work together despite their mutual animosity (even if said animosity has been dying down lately).

Hey, I'm new here. Big fan of Ben Reilly, so I decided to take a look at this thread. Glad to see there are other fans here who respect Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Web Of Spider View Post
    Hey, I'm new here. Big fan of Ben Reilly, so I decided to take a look at this thread. Glad to see there are other fans here who respect Ben.
    Welcome aboard. Assuming you've been reading the current series, what do you think of it?

Thank you, and I think it's quite a good series. It's great to see the interaction and development between Ben and Kaine after so many years.

Wonder what will happen once Pete finds out there's a blue-hooded Spider roaming around in Las Vegas.

Thank you, and I think it's quite a good series. It's great to see the interaction and development between Ben and Kaine after so many years.

Wonder what will happen once Pete finds out there's a blue-hooded Spider roaming around in Las Vegas.
    Glad to have your voice added to the ongoing Scarlet Spider(s) conversation!

The interaction between Ben and Kaine really feels like the heart of the series so far - glad you're enjoying it too.

I asked Will Sliney if Spidergeddon would have ramifications on Ben's series, and he replied with a "no comment" - so, I guess we'll find out eventually!

But really, it's only a matter of time before the inevitable reunion. Honestly? I wouldn't mind putting it off for quite a while.

-Pav, who can't wait for the next issue...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Considering that Ben might've actually interacted with the Avengers in the end of Damnation, or at least they saw him there, assuming they didn't just mistake him for Spider-Man . . . it's really getting to be a wonder how Peter hasn't caught on by now. Granted, he's been busy with his own stuff, especially given the events of Go Down Swinging, but I am really hoping for a post-Clone Conspiracy encounter between them, sooner or later, whether in Spidergeddon or outside that.

Glad to have your voice added to the ongoing Scarlet Spider(s) conversation!

The interaction between Ben and Kaine really feels like the heart of the series so far - glad you're enjoying it too.

I asked Will Sliney if Spidergeddon would have ramifications on Ben's series, and he replied with a "no comment" - so, I guess we'll find out eventually!

But really, it's only a matter of time before the inevitable reunion. Honestly? I wouldn't mind putting it off for quite a while.

-Pav, who can't wait for the next issue...
    Me, neither, to be honest.

Spectacular Member Obsidian Spider's Avatar

What’s the deal with “the Other”?

I know that it started with Peter and then somehow Kaine got it and it was key to the Spiderverse story.

Anyone explain it and/or give me a reading list?

Thanks.

"The Other" makes an appearance during Kaine's Scarlet Spider run.

"Scarlet Spider #14-15 (2011)" I believe.

Kaine is killed during a battle with the Werewolves, who were going to hurt Aracely. Kaine reawakens to a Priest, who reveals himself to be "The Other". Kaine refuses the offer at first, but remembers that Aracely is in danger. Kaine accepts the offer to let "The Other" bring him back with new abilities.

Hope this helped.

Welcome, I hope you enjoy yourself here as much as I have.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Welcome, I hope you enjoy yourself here as much as I have.
    Thanks. I'm looking forward to seeing more of what this thread has to offer.

By the way, Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider #20 was released a few days ago, I'm curious to know what everyone here thinks of it? (For anybody who has read it)