Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

I cant say that I was surprised by the ending of #23. But it was still a really good comic, and it was entertaining.

Nice issue, glad I didn't page through before reading because the reveal at the end took me by surprise. Holy crap, PAD is going to be wrapping this run up with a bang.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I just hope Ben isn't killed off...again. If we can keep Kaine, Miles, Silk, etc around then surely we can find a use for the original Spider Clone.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    I just hope Ben isn't killed off...again. If we can keep Kaine, Miles, Silk, etc around then surely we can find a use for the original Spider Clone.
    Be very happy with Silk getting cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Eh. She didn't do anything for me either way, I just don't want Marvel to get lazy and kill off Ben & Kaine again because "no ideas" for them or whatever.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Actually, Kaine is the original Spider-Clone. At least in terms of the Clone Saga's backstory, he was created before Ben, just discarded for being imperfect and the Jackal kept going until he created the "perfect" clone that would name himself Ben Reilly later.

Eh. She didn't do anything for me either way, I just don't want Marvel to get lazy and kill off Ben & Kaine again because "no ideas" for them or whatever.
    I like Silk, but I agree with you on Marvel not killing off the Scarlet Spiders (again).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    If the Cindy we were introduced to by Slott was killed, I'd have been happy, but Robbie Thompson redeemed her character.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    If the Cindy we were introduced to by Slott was killed, I'd have been happy, but Robbie Thompson redeemed her character.
    Indeed, he did. And from what I saw of him writing her in Amadeus Cho's Hulk series, Greg Pak didn't do that badly, either. If Silk ever gets relaunched, I'd love to see him take her on if Robbie Thompson is unavailable. That said, we're here to talk about Ben Reilly, so I really hope that Scarlet Spider is relaunched after Spider-Geddon as a duo-led title featuring both Ben and Kaine.

I hope Ben goes back to NYC to make up with Peter, or to SLC to find Elizabeth Tyne, either way he needs more past elements reintroduced because at this point he has like no original villains or contemporaries besides the ones made up for Scarlet Spider.

Ben's showing up in Spidergeddon, which I assume will be taking place after the events of his ongoing, so he's at least surviving that. Whatever happens during Spidergeddon though, we'll just have to wait and see.

If Ben returns to New York, I personally hope Ben goes back to the life he once had such as working at the Daily Grind, and maybe even dying his hair blond again. I've always thought blond hair was part of Ben's iconic look.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Web Of Spider View Post
    If Ben returns to New York, I personally hope Ben goes back to the life he once had such as working at the Daily Grind, and maybe even dying his hair blond again. I've always thought blond hair was part of Ben's iconic look.
    Dude, 'The Daily Grind' was turned into a Starbucks years ago.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That said, we're here to talk about Ben Reilly, so I really hope that Scarlet Spider is relaunched after Spider-Geddon as a duo-led title featuring both Ben and Kaine.
    I mean, that's pretty much what we have now under PAD. It seems Ben and Kaine have pretty even "screen time" (maybe a 60-40 split with Ben getting just a little more). But if you mean make it officially a team book, then okay. Would love to see Chris Yost write Kaine again, and see his take on Ben. And also for Aracely to come back.

PAD seemed very conscious and reactive to what fans wanted out of his Scarlet Spider book (such as putting Ben in his original costume, healing his face, and making him more like 90s Ben and less like the arrogant villain he was in Clone Conspiracy). I wonder if Kaine's increased presence in SS was planned from the start or also something PAD decided to make more prominent when he saw what a huge fanbase he had.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I mean, that's pretty much what we have now under PAD. It seems Ben and Kaine have pretty even "screen time" (maybe a 60-40 split with Ben getting just a little more). But if you mean make it officially a team book, then okay. Would love to see Chris Yost write Kaine again, and see his take on Ben. And also for Aracely to come back.

PAD seemed very conscious and reactive to what fans wanted out of his Scarlet Spider book (such as putting Ben in his original costume, healing his face, and making him more like 90s Ben and less like the arrogant villain he was in Clone Conspiracy). I wonder if Kaine's increased presence in SS was planned from the start or also something PAD decided to make more prominent when he saw what a huge fanbase he had.
    Good point, and yeah, making it "officially" a duo/team book like Power Man and Iron Fist (or Ant-Man and the Wasp), but with clone "brothers" of Spider-Man, was the thought in my head when I made that post. Would also love to see Aracely come back, as well as Chris Yost's take on Kaine and Ben's dynamic and Ben's character. While I'm generally content with how PAD redeemed Ben's character after The Clone Conspiracy, I do agree with Spiderfang and a few others here that there could have been more callbacks to Ben's life and adventures pre-Clone Conspiracy. Would've loved to see Joystick show up again, or the Great Game restarted, and yes, a reunion with Elizabeth Tyne/"Janine Godbe" would be nice, especially if it turned out she had a child by him (if Gerry Drew and Cassie Lang's Stinger identity can be ported over from MC2, why not Reilly Tyne?). As for making things up with Peter, I could see that happening in Spider-Geddon, though hopefully not followed up by killing Ben off.

Incredible Member

Just read #23 and i have to say i'm very confused about the big Mephisto reveal. It make sense that at some point in time Ben going back on the deal with Mephisto would come back to haunt him but the end of "Damnation" should've made it pretty clear Mephisto isn't an immediate threat to anyone.

Heck the Thanos legacy one shot that just recently came out tells you Mephisto's status hasn't changed so he shouldn't be capable of what he's doing here or at least i wouldn't think so.