Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Talking Peter Parker: Spider-Man Appreciation 2018

Happy 2017 everyone!
    As a lot of people 'round the world probably know, this year marks the 55th anniversary of Amazing Fantasy # 15 introducing Peter Parker, the Amazing Spider-Man!
    As luck would have it, there happens to be an old calendar who's days line up with 2017;

https://www.andertoons.com/cartoon-blog/

Yes, that's right, the 1978 YEAR OF THE SPIDER calendar lines up with 2017!

Of course 2017 also marks the 30th anniversary of the wedding of Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson!
    Alas, it also marks the 10th anniversary of the dissolvement of said marriage.

Fans of Peter Parker, the Amazing Spider-Man, are in for a real treat this year.
    Fans can look forward to the Marvel Cinematic Universe Peter Parker Spider-Man headlining his own movie!

With all these facts established, 2017 like 1978 is to be the exciting YEAR OF THE SPIDER!

BANNED

A message from Stan THE MAN Lee!

EXCELSIOR!

BANNED

Default 2017/1978 JANUARY a time for beginnings!

Commencing the YEAR OF THE SPIDER in earnest

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

55 years. And yet Peter doesn't look a day over 28

BANNED

50th anniversary Amazing Spider-Man #44 Jan 1967

"Where Crawls the Lizard,"
    Dr. Connors reacts from The Rhino antidote he was previously working on and turns into The Lizard.

Realizing this, he runs away but is spotted by his son Billy.

The Lizard plots his human conquest and plans to defeat Spider-Man.

BANNED

Default Tour the Spider-Man: Homecoming Costume Design!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    55 years. And yet Peter doesn't look a day over 28
    To me, last leap year 2016 Peter turned 29

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Nice one "616.."...I just received my copy of Masterworks Vol 18 the other day, and the '78 calendar features in the back of the book! Good point that it runs concurrent with 2017, I didn't spot that straight off....how I would love to have an original copy of the '78 calendar, it's fantastic! The good old days eh?..

I've been a fan of Spidey since I was 10, the UK reprints appeared in the "Mighty World of Marvel" comics and drew me in...a Spidey related coincidence with me is that I was born in August 1962, so guess what, it's my 55th year this year too!

If only I had spider powers, I might still look and feel like 29 as well, ha ha!

Cheers

Jon

I have a question are there any super heroes that are fans of spider man? like how ultimate kitty pryde was a big fan of Peter? and if so what issues or comic was it in

BANNED

Talking Spider-Man WILL Return in Avengers Infinity War

Amazing news to hear in The YEAR OF THE SPIDER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    Nice one "616.."...I just received my copy of Masterworks Vol 18 the other day, and the '78 calendar features in the back of the book! Good point that it runs concurrent with 2017, I didn't spot that straight off....how I would love to have an original copy of the '78 calendar, it's fantastic! The good old days eh?..

I've been a fan of Spidey since I was 10, the UK reprints appeared in the "Mighty World of Marvel" comics and drew me in...a Spidey related coincidence with me is that I was born in August 1962, so guess what, it's my 55th year this year too!

If only I had spider powers, I might still look and feel like 29 as well, ha ha!

Cheers

Jon
    Thank you very much for sharing your experiences. AMAZING!
    Like Peter Parker, the Amazing Spider-Man, I wish for you too a lot of joyful moments in this YEAR OF THE SPIDER and later in 2017 a very happy CELEBRATION!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    I have a question are there any super heroes that are fans of spider man? like how ultimate kitty pryde was a big fan of Peter? and if so what issues or comic was it in
    Amazing Spider-Man #266 Jul 1985
    "Jump for My Love or Spring is in the Air"

The web-slinger catches a suicidal jumper in mid-leap! And to his surprise discovers that the jumper is none other than the Toad...of Brotherhood of Evil Mutants fame!
    The Toad is down on his luck, but suddenly thinks a partnership with Spider-Man will turn his life around!

However the Toad's plan draws the ire of the Frog-Man and the Spider-Kid! They want to be the wall-crawler's partner too!

Script by Peter David. Pencils by Sal Buscema. Finishes by Joe Rubinstein.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

Amazing Spider-Man #266 Jul 1985
    "Jump for My Love or Spring is in the Air"

The web-slinger catches a suicidal jumper in mid-leap! And to his surprise discovers that the jumper is none other than the Toad...of Brotherhood of Evil Mutants fame!
    The Toad is down on his luck, but suddenly thinks a partnership with Spider-Man will turn his life around!

However the Toad's plan draws the ire of the Frog-Man and the Spider-Kid! They want to be the wall-crawler's partner too!

Script by Peter David. Pencils by Sal Buscema. Finishes by Joe Rubinstein.
    Thank you glad that other people who are super powered are fans of Peter!

BANNED

Exclamation Amazing Fantasy #15, First Appearance of Spider-Man, Sells For Record $460,000

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/01...00-comic-link/

Amazing record to achieve of Amazing Fantasy #15 in 2017, the year of the 55th anniversary of said comic!

BANNED

Michael Keaton talks The Vulture in Spider-Man: Homecoming

http://www.superherohype.com/news/38...man-homecoming

Glad that the first super powered villain for the MCU Spider-Man will be the MCU Vulture. Very appropriate since..

..in Amazing Spider-Man #2, the Vulture was the very first super powered villain, Spider-Man fought.
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 01-17-2017 at 08:07 AM.