Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    SCARLET SPIDER Going Back To Classic Costume.

http://www.newsarama.com/33185-scarl...c-costume.html

Ben is the only Marvel character i truly like, but after i read some bits and pieces of "THE CLONE CONSPIRACY" i don't know how to react to his new series.
    At least is PAD writing though.
    I know a lot of people took issue with the new costume, but I quite liked it. I don't entirely buy Marvel's assertion of 'We're not backtracking!' but it doesn't particularly faze me either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    SCARLET SPIDER Going Back To Classic Costume.
    Well, I was basically in "wait and see" mode regarding the new costume - I didn't love it, but I wasn't instantly going to hate it either - but YES!!!! I'm so stoked to see the original Scarlet costume is going to be used again! Some may not see it as a great costume design, but there's a lot of subtle things about it that make it (IMO) one of the best Spidey costumes ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    As for the sudden reversion back to the old costume, frankly it just feels like an even higher level of trolling towards fans of the real Ben.
    It doesn't feel that way to me at all, and I'm Ben's #1 fan.

-Pav, who just called it...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Spectacular Member

I think they're lying. They're totally backtracking on the suit because of all the hate it got. I liked it. Oh well.

BANNED

this just proves comic book fans need to shut up and stop crying about the slightest changes to the characters otherwise nothing will ever change without the fans screaming that it should be like how they remember it...forcing marvel to backtrack and feed into nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    I think they're lying. They're totally backtracking on the suit because of all the hate it got.
    Now if they could just backtrack on everything NotBen did in Clone Conspiracy, as well as the initial concept for this book, it might be worth looking at.

My hopes remain low though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Now if they could just backtrack on everything NotBen did in Clone Conspiracy, as well as the initial concept for this book, it might be worth looking at.

My hopes remain low though.
    why even release a new scarlet spider series if everyone just wants it to be like the old one?

if it was exactly like the old scarlet spider series people would eventually be bored out of their minds from the been there done that schtick

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    this just proves comic book fans need to shut up and stop crying about the slightest changes to the characters otherwise nothing will ever change without the fans screaming that it should be like how they remember it...forcing marvel to backtrack and feed into nostalgia
    why even release a new scarlet spider series if everyone just wants it to be like the old one?

if it was exactly like the old scarlet spider series people would eventually be bored out of their minds from the been there done that schtick
    It's just the costume. How does the costume make that much of a difference to the series' story? It's cosmetic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    It's just the costume. How does the costume make that much of a difference to the series' story? It's cosmetic.
    people managed to force marvel's hand into bringing back eddie brock as venom(seems unlikely they'd waste several issues of the new venom book on a character that's merely a throw away gag)

so whose to say they can't change the story with enough complaints? and for something that's just cosmetic it sure made a lot of ben reilly fans scream at marvel

Priorities need to be looked at

Spectacular Member

I'm sure they'll cave and drop the whole premise of the book. Then it'll be canceled because he's too much like Peter and Ben will be gone again. I really hate that they caved.

Very weird decision to go back to the original costume so quicky.

But then again, we're apparently getting rid of Venom's new host after five issues, so...

But on that basis, wouldn't people 'eventually be bored out of their minds from the been there done that schtick' about almost every comic book character ever written?

Seriously, if bringing back Ben as much the same character he was for just a couple of years, two decades ago, would be considered going over old ground, how does Pete manage to keep people interested? He's been going there and doing that for a whole lot longer than Ben ever did. Or what about Bats? Or Superman or Wonder Woman or Green Lantern? (and they tried the eeeeevil thing with him - didn't take).

BANNED

people managed to force marvel's hand into bringing back eddie brock as venom(seems unlikely they'd waste several issues of the new venom book on a character that's merely a throw away gag)

so whose to say they can't change the story with enough complaints? and for something that's just cosmetic it sure made a lot of ben reilly fans scream at marvel

If the original costume is what consumers want, why is it a bad thing for Marvel to use it? And for that matter, why is it wrong for Marvel to change a story to something their readers want? Would you rather they published a book that people don't want?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    If the original costume is what consumers want, why is it a bad thing for Marvel to use it? And for that matter, why is it wrong for Marvel to change a story to something their readers want? Would you rather they published a book that people don't want?
    The new comic was never even given a chance. How can anyone say they wouldn't have liked it? Or the new suit? But so many ranted they are now backtracking already. How soon will they kill Ben off again because of all the complaints is my question.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    The new comic was never even given a chance. How can anyone say they wouldn't have liked it? Or the new suit? But so many ranted they are now backtracking already. How soon will they kill Ben off again because of all the complaints is my question.
    that's my concern too...fans these days are so afraid of change that they will scream at Marvel/DC until they do something about it

BANNED

Marvel's hand wasn't forced to bring Brock back. Brock's return is happening so early in the new volume's run that it was obviously a part of Mike Costa's pitch for the series.

Lee Price is going to stay on in the book once he's no longer host as an antagonist for Brock/Venom.

As for the costume change for Ben, that unclear whether it was a reaction to fan response. Could be, could not be. If it's just that Ben suddenly starts wearing the old costume after an issue or two, then yes, probably. If it's an actual story point early on that causes him to revert to the old costume, then no.