Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by madrox83 View Post
    I'm excited for this series. For those of you feeling ambivalent or on the fence, just remember PAD took Layla Miller who was little more than a plot device and turned her into a fully realized and viable character.

It's what he excels at. So if you don't like Scott's Ben, I really suggest you at least check out what PAD will do.
    QFT.

It was PAD's Madrox mini and that first year of X-Factor Investigations that brought me back into comics after Byrne's Spidey and the cancelation of Slingers killed my comics enthusiasm.

-Pav, who also came back because Ricochet was brought back in Runaways...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    So here's two questions over "Ben Reilly" getting his old hoodie back

1. If this was the plan all along, why not just start the new series with him in his old costume? And
    2. Why is Marvel essentially spoiling the ending of Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider's first story arc a full two months before the first issue even comes out?[/url]
    1). Who knows? It's not like Marvel haven't stuck by bad/unpopular decisions before, certainly in the face of considerably more vocal complaints than the new outfit generated. So that does suggest this was always the plan.

2) Well, at this point, we don't know that anything's being spoiled beyond a costume change. It might still be NotBen wearing real Ben's old duds whilst web-swinging around, being all good sometimes and eeeeevil at others. Because drama.

with all the discussion on ben's new vs old duds, i thought i'd post these from spideymetalzsg's instagram. he's combined the reilly/mayday Spider-Man outfit with the scarlet spider hoody...and in my opinion...it works!

IMG_7097.jpg
    troo fan or death

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    with all the discussion on ben's new vs old duds, i thought i'd post these from spideymetalzsg's instagram. he's combined the reilly/mayday Spider-Man outfit with the scarlet spider hoody...and in my opinion...it works!

IMG_7097.jpg
    Just wish there was a rule that if you touch older, retired charectors ... You'd have to have a much better understanding of their appeal before writing them ... I'm worried for Ben, thought they could have done a lot more by letting a few more clones survive ... Honestly thought Ned would make it...

I'll give it a shot, but a dark and broody Ben isn't Ben ... Makes me think he'll just get revealed to be a different clone at some point if they don't like the way it turns out - especially with how they just pump out clones wholesale in the major arcs. If they just dispose of them like nothing ... Maybe ...its just hard to get attached :x

Quote Originally Posted by Vixx View Post
    I'll give it a shot, but a dark and broody Ben isn't Ben
    Whaaaa...?!

Before Blonde Ben, all we had was Dark and Broody Ben!

-Pav, who is stoked you're giving it a shot though...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.

--------------------

Spectacular Member SilverSpider's Avatar

I was hoping the new series with Ben would start with him reforming. I've accepted that his idealism twisted him, it was a disappointing story, but one that made sense seeing as the Jackal tortured him, but yeah bummed about yet another edgy anti-hero series of stories. Whatever gives more drama I suppose that's the business motto.
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.

spec-spider-snark-019.jpg

This amused me
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Astonishing Member

I'm surprised that this hasn't been revived sooner (mostly due to the Series); but by now this Appreciation Thread should be a-buzzing with the latest on Ben Reilly AKA the Scarlet Spider....

And so, the December Solicts has the upcoming Issues of the storyline involving Ben and the return of THE SLINGERS.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    I'm surprised that this hasn't been revived sooner (mostly due to the Series); but by now this Appreciation Thread should be a-buzzing with the latest on Ben Reilly AKA the Scarlet Spider.....
    Just shows how many have really taken to this version of Ben. Nadda.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    I'm surprised that this hasn't been revived sooner (mostly due to the Series); but by now this Appreciation Thread should be a-buzzing with the latest on Ben Reilly AKA the Scarlet Spider....

And so, the December Solicts has the upcoming Issues of the storyline involving Ben and the return of THE SLINGERS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Or, we've all been posting in the TRY SCARLET SPIDER thread, which has been full of lively discussion and positive attitudes!

-Pav, who has greatly enjoyed it...

--------------------

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Or, we've all been posting in the TRY SCARLET SPIDER thread, which has been full of lively discussion and positive attitudes!

-Pav, who has greatly enjoyed it...
    Yep, that is generally where we Scarlet fans have been posting these days. And with issue 7 seemingly putting Ben back on track, I think at least some people might be wanting to take a second look now . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Yeah. As the person who started this thread, it's not somewhere that I'd wanna post anything about NotBen.

Accept no substitutes!!

Well, despite that being basically what Ben was when we first met him. Then we thought he wasn't for while. And then it turned out he had been all along!

Nevertheless, I'm sticking with proper Ben. He was a hero and he died a hero. Maybe NotBen will come to emulate his great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great Uncle one day in the future. But until then, he's still just a new character with an old name and a familiar face.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

They confirm 'in-story' that current Ben IS the same Ben all-along just a damaged soul, people are of course still not satisfied or just not believing/ignoring it #notmuhben! Oh brother.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Spectacular Member

Nope. I've loved Ben since his return. Dark and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    They confirm 'in-story' that current Ben IS the same Ben all-along just a damaged soul, people are of course still not satisfied or just not believing/ignoring it #notmuhben! Oh brother.
    Dude, it's not worth it. The One Above All could come out of the comic and tell them that it was Ben all along but they'd still deny it because of Clone Conspiracy. While I may not have like Slott turning Ben into a madman, I do like that PAD has put Ben in a position that grounded him and gives him the opportunity to really come to see the true worth of life, something that Warren had stolen from him with his experiments. It's taken 7 issues, but I'm glad that we've gotten a payoff to it and get to see Ben's true character finally shining through, something that we had been getting glimpses of the whole time.