Blade the Vampire Hunter
    Elsa Bloodstone
    Mr. (Moon) Knight
    Iron Fist
    Brother Voodoo
    Man-Thing
    joined by Scarlet Spider
    and led by Wong

In my opinion, it's a team of almost all the best supernatural B-listers.

-Pav, who does miss Morbius...
    Awesome, I can't wait to see more of them, though I'm sad that Danny Ketch is still MIA.

In other news, this is an upcoming variant cover:

"I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Based on Ben still having the scar around his eye, it seems like he’s gonna be looking like this for some time. I gotta wonder then, what exactly was the point of getting rid of his clone degeneration scars if they were just gonna scar him again like 2 issues later?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Based on Ben still having the scar around his eye, it seems like he’s gonna be looking like this for some time. I gotta wonder then, what exactly was the point of getting rid of his clone degeneration scars if they were just gonna scar him again like 2 issues later?
    The scars now represent his actions, if he does non heroic shit, his face gets those scars again, or some shit like that.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Love the cover, Venomous Mask. Guessing it's a homage to Ben Reilly's fight with Venom when he debuted as the Scarlet Spider. Also, exactly what Lukmendes said about Ben's scars now being more symbolic of his moral degeneration as opposed to his physical deterioration. Until he works off the bad karma from beating up Silas Thorne, even if Thorne had it coming for being such a scumbag, those scars are there to stay.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Black Marvel: "You have no idea what's happening, do you? No idea of the horror that's coming to Las Vegas?"
    Ben: "Oh god not another cirque du soleil show..."

I love Ben

...and then an invisible Kaine on the same page "Hi. This is God."
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    The scars now represent his actions, if he does non heroic shit, his face gets those scars again, or some shit like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Love the cover, Venomous Mask. Guessing it's a homage to Ben Reilly's fight with Venom when he debuted as the Scarlet Spider. Also, exactly what Lukmendes said about Ben's scars now being more symbolic of his moral degeneration as opposed to his physical deterioration. Until he works off the bad karma from beating up Silas Thorne, even if Thorne had it coming for being such a scumbag, those scars are there to stay.
    But at that point the question is, what exactly qualifies as an act so karmatic that it would overpower the negative karma? I mean, if the balance can be taken going back throughout the series, it took him being willing to offer his life for both Kaine and Cassandra Mercury's daughter the erase the scars that he had. I'd kinda hope that his involvement in Damnation will be enough to fix his eye.

I want him to go back to being blond again...which I assume will happen once the scars are gone and he feels more like himself again.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    I want him to go back to being blond again...which I assume will happen once the scars are gone and he feels more like himself again.
    So would I since him being blonde is kinda his iconic look. I'm still confused as to why they didn't do it back at the start of the Slingers arc especially when not only would that have been the perfect time to given that he had been returned to his normal appearance but they even mentioned that he had done something with his hair despite nothing seeming different.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So would I since him being blonde is kinda his iconic look. I'm still confused as to why they didn't do it back at the start of the Slingers arc especially when not only would that have been the perfect time to given that he had been returned to his normal appearance but they even mentioned that he had done something with his hair despite nothing seeming different.

I think most people chalked that up to a miscommunication between writer, artist and colorist honestly. Also speaking of things that would be considered iconic to Ben anyone find it odd he hasn't utilized impact webbing or stingers yet?? I would've thought that since they made it a point to bring back the original SS costume they would've had him use the bells and whistles that come along with it a couple times but nothing so far.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    I think most people chalked that up to a miscommunication between writer, artist and colorist honestly. Also speaking of things that would be considered iconic to Ben anyone find it odd he hasn't utilized impact webbing or stingers yet?? I would've thought that since they made it a point to bring back the original SS costume they would've had him use the bells and whistles that come along with it a couple times but nothing so far.
    I've certainly been waiting for that - the impact webbing especially. As a kid, I know the introduction of impact webbing - along with webshooters on the outside of the costume! - endeared me to Ben.

Also, kinda funny: when Peter was the Hornet, he used Ben's stingers! No mention of that from Ben, either, when CyberHornet appeared.

-Pav, who'll take to Twitter to remind PAD...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Count me in as someone else who would love to see Ben back to using impact webbing and stingers (and microdot tracers, too, let's not forget). Hell, my favorite part of the 90s animated series finale, "Spider Wars, Chapter 1: I Really, Really Hate Clones," was seeing Ben in action shooting down Kingpin's goons with impact webbing. He even impressed the multibillionaire armored Spidey . . . who was otherwise a cocky @$$ totally full of himself. That was a glorious moment.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Count me in as someone else who would love to see Ben back to using impact webbing and stingers (and microdot tracers, too, let's not forget). Hell, my favorite part of the 90s animated series finale, "Spider Wars, Chapter 1: I Really, Really Hate Clones," was seeing Ben in action shooting down Kingpin's goons with impact webbing. He even impressed the multibillionaire armored Spidey . . . who was otherwise a cocky @$$ totally full of himself. That was a glorious moment.

Speaking of tracers I didn't expect that Kaine would've thought to utilize Spider tracers in the last issue before Ben would've but whatever i guess...I know Peter apparently gave them to Kaine but if Ben is really committed to continuing on being a hero it wouldn't hurt his cause to actually remember he's a fairly inventive and intelligent individual.
    Last edited by classicgmer; 03-10-2018 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I've certainly been waiting for that - the impact webbing especially. As a kid, I know the introduction of impact webbing - along with webshooters on the outside of the costume! - endeared me to Ben.

Also, kinda funny: when Peter was the Hornet, he used Ben's stingers! No mention of that from Ben, either, when CyberHornet appeared.

-Pav, who'll take to Twitter to remind PAD...
    Speaking of taking to twitter to get into contact with PAD, maybe someone should ask him if he could clarify with us about what comment of the change to Ben's hair meant so we can see if the theory of the miscommunication holds any water.

Chapter Five of Two Lost Souls posted -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12854184/5/Two-Lost-Souls

enjoy
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Thanks very much.