Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member Obsidian Spider's Avatar

Looking forward to Ben taking on a classic Spidey villain. Mysterious in the right writer’s hands can be a very formidable and entertaining foe.

Also, I hope that once the new Amazing Spider-Man series starts, they won’t wait too long to have them meet up again. I need to see how that will play out.

Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 9.02.44 PM.jpg
    Whoa! Wait! Could this be it?!

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Spider View Post
    some good old classic ben v peter action? i'd buy that
    troo fan or death

Reminds me of that issue of Web Of... that really kick-started the Clone Saga and my love of Ben Reilly!

-Pav, who is intrigued...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Apparently this is in #3!

F36D9749-E80A-497E-8F7F-E2FD65B5BE8F.jpg
    Here’s the original!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Hmm, if Nick Spencer is gonna have Ben try to mend fences with Peter after the debacle/atrocity that was The Clone Conspiracy . . . that would definitely be interesting to see. Speaking of Ben, anyone read issue 18? Because Obsidian Spider, you might just get your wish when it comes to Ben taking on Mysterio, even if it seems Mysterio's daughter is the real villain here.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Read it! I wish they’d get the cover artist to do some interiors but I do like this new artist, Andre Lima Aroujo better than Will Sliney. He’s more expressive and fun where Sliney I found very stiff. Bagley’s still the best so far and Aroujo would do better on Dr Strange or something as his Spider people look a little too average guy in spandex than a superhero but I still like the fresh take. Nice to see the clone Bros getting along a bit more. Be nice to see them sit and have a drink together sometime.

I'd like Bagley to come back onto Scarlet Spider, I feel like Ben & Bagley go hand in hand; like 90's and Clone saga lol
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Read it! I wish they’d get the cover artist to do some interiors but I do like this new artist, Andre Lima Aroujo better than Will Sliney. He’s more expressive and fun where Sliney I found very stiff. Bagley’s still the best so far and Aroujo would do better on Dr Strange or something as his Spider people look a little too average guy in spandex than a superhero but I still like the fresh take. Nice to see the clone Bros getting along a bit more. Be nice to see them sit and have a drink together sometime.
    Yeah, Khary Randolph does awesome art, and I also wish they could get him to do the interiors at some point. As for Araujo, I don't mind his art, but I'll admit it's not quite to my taste. Glad you like it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    I'd like Bagley to come back onto Scarlet Spider, I feel like Ben & Bagley go hand in hand; like 90's and Clone saga lol
    I can agree with that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I'm not a huge fan of Araujo's art here either; I don't think it's bad or anything but it's just not what I want from a Spidey book.

Getting Bagley back would be sweet.

-Pav, who invites you over to the thread for the newest issue...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.

--------------------

I dunno. Never been a fan of Aroujo’s art style from when I’ve seen it in Ultimate Future Foundation, Spider-Verse or here.It just feels too cartoonish for action titles with way too much same face going around.

Though I’d be down for seeing Ben and Kaine sitting down having a drink together. Seeing as they both inherited being total lightweights from Peter, it’d be a recipe for hilarity or disaster and it would be glorious.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 05-18-2018 at 07:21 AM.

BANNED

Looking forward to Peter and Ben interactions post CC and recente events regarding Ben`s soul!

Pav, is there a link to the latest issue thread?

Pav, is there a link to the latest issue thread?
    http://community.comicbookresources....poilers-Review

There you go!

-Pav, who hopes you'll let us know what you thought of the issue.

--------------------

Thanks Pav. I added my 2 cents there. Here’s some more lose change:

The more I think about it, the more I really think there should be an entire issue dedicated to Ben and Kaine having a drink. I never understood why doppelgängers in comics aren’t more fascinated with the opportunity to just sit down and talk about being the same person. It would be so amusing!

Ben and Kaine could trash talk Peter together and share their thoughts on the nature of their powers.

“Isn’t it annoying when your spider sense blah blah blah?”

“Remember when you used to use your super-up wall-crawling ability to scar people?! That was messed up!”

Remember in the ultimate clone saga that created Jessica Drew that was a female clone of Peter? How could they NOT want to talk to each other?!

Anyway, Ben. Kaine. Drinks.

Then they relaunch as Scarlet Spiders: a Clone-Bros City-hopping adventure duo!