Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Just read #23 and i have to say i'm very confused about the big Mephisto reveal. It make sense that at some point in time Ben going back on the deal with Mephisto would come back to haunt him but the end of "Damnation" should've made it pretty clear Mephisto isn't an immediate threat to anyone.

Heck the Thanos legacy one shot that just recently came out tells you Mephisto's status hasn't changed so he shouldn't be capable of what he's doing here or at least i wouldn't think so.
    Eh, it’s Mephisto, lord of trickery and deception. Let’s just pretend he escaped off-panel. It’s not like “Damnation” is a classic. Or maybe we can wait for #24 in which it’ll probably be explained by PAD. I’m sure he’s aware. I just love that Mephisto is obsessed with collecting or damning both Parker brothers’ souls. First Peter, now Ben. Kaine better watch out,

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Eh, it’s Mephisto, lord of trickery and deception. Let’s just pretend he escaped off-panel. It’s not like “Damnation” is a classic

Whether or not you consider "Damnation" to be a classic to me is irrelevant. The event wasn't even all that long ago & I just don't like it when writers ignore stuff like that seemingly because it's inconvenient to the story they want to tell and the characters they wish to us

Or maybe we can wait for #24 in which it’ll probably be explained by PAD. I’m sure he’s aware. I just love that Mephisto is obsessed with collecting or damning both Parker brothers’ souls. First Peter, now Ben. Kaine better watch out,

I guess we'll find out pretty shortly but to me this seems to be a pretty odd title for a major development for Mephisto to be taking place considering where we last saw him.

I'm kind of worried because it feels like they're doing a rush job to end the series (getting Bleach flashbacks), either way I just hope Ben gets to remain alive after this and Spider-geddon.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    I'm kind of worried because it feels like they're doing a rush job to end the series (getting Bleach flashbacks), either way I just hope Ben gets to remain alive after this and Spider-geddon.
    I'm worried too because that's what happened with Spider-man 2099. I mean, the concept of the ending was interesting, but it was so rushed it wasn"t that satysfying. not to mention, it has been done better in a great japanese visual novel.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    I'm worried too because that's what happened with Spider-man 2099. I mean, the concept of the ending was interesting, but it was so rushed it wasn"t that satysfying. not to mention, it has been done better in a great japanese visual novel.
    I suppose they can always get revived in the future right? We only had to wait like 20 years for both Ben AND Miguel to come back T_T
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    Are you referring to Stein's Gate?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    I suppose they can always get revived in the future right? We only had to wait like 20 years for both Ben AND Miguel to come back T_T
    I don't wanna wait another twenty years for Ben and Miguel to come back.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Are you referring to Stein's Gate?

I don't wanna wait another twenty years for Ben and Miguel to come back.
    I didn't want to name the game, in order not to spoil people, but yeah, that's the one i'm talking about.

Spectacular Member

So it's just complete radio silence in if the book is canceled?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    So it's just complete radio silence in if the book is canceled?
    seems like it is but yeah no formal announcemnt.... I was hoping for a Scarlet Spiders to replace it but nothing in the December solicts

Quote Originally Posted by scarletspidey View Post
    seems like it is but yeah no formal announcemnt.... I was hoping for a Scarlet Spiders to replace it but nothing in the December solicts
    I'm hoping they're just waiting to announce whatever future plans there are for the Scarlet Spiders post-Spider-Geddon until New York Comic-Con.

Astonishing Member

Preview of #24. About what you expect from the cliffhanger. But the art is not good.... *sigh* Terrible art by no-name artists always seems to be the curse of the low-selling and soon-to-be-cancelled books. Will Sliney made me miss Bagley. And now this guy makes me miss Will Sliney. It’s a shame he couldn’t finish out the series at least.

https://www.cbr.com/ben-reilly-scarlet-spider-24/

I'm all caught up on Scarlet Spider, and I must say I didn't expect to like it as much as I do. I hope it gets relaunched again soon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    I'm all caught up on Scarlet Spider, and I must say I didn't expect to like it as much as I do. I hope it gets relaunched again soon.
    I liked it a lot more post-issue 6 than I did the first 5 issues when Ben acted more like Slott's NuJackal. The series turned a corner when Ben fought Death for Kaine and Abigail's lives and got his face healed in #7. Also his evil actions in Clone Conspiracy were given a somewhat (if not wholly) satisfying explanation.

Overall I'd give this Scarlet Spider series a B or B+. Sad to see it go, but I'm all right as long as Ben or Kaine don't die again.

Yost's Kaine Scarlet Spider series from a few years ago was better though. That was like an A grade. If SS is relaunched I'd love for it to be a Ben-Kaine team-up book and written by Yost again.

I liked it a lot more post-issue 6 than I did the first 5 issues when Ben acted more like Slott's NuJackal. The series turned a corner when Ben fought Death for Kaine and Abigail's lives and got his face healed in #7. Also his evil actions in Clone Conspiracy were given a somewhat (if not wholly) satisfying explanation.

Overall I'd give this Scarlet Spider series a B or B+. Sad to see it go, but I'm all right as long as Ben or Kaine don't die again.

Yost's Kaine Scarlet Spider series from a few years ago was better though. That was like an A grade. If SS is relaunched I'd love for it to be a Ben-Kaine team-up book and written by Yost again.
    Cosigned, though I'd also like J.M. DeMatteis writing Ben and Kaine, just to see if he could reconcile the characters as they were when he first wrote them in the 1990s with what they developed into when they were brought back in the 2010s.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Cosigned, though I'd also like J.M. DeMatteis writing Ben and Kaine, just to see if he could reconcile the characters as they were when he first wrote them in the 1990s with what they developed into when they were brought back in the 2010s.
    second the DeMatteis vote