Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

I'm gonna go crazy and call for Si Spurrier to become the writer of a Scarlet Spiders series. I'd love to see what he came up with; his Legion series was one of the best things I've ever read.

But I'd almost be happy getting a Scarlet Spiders title regardless of who the author is!

-Pav, who certainly has preferences though...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I'm gonna go crazy and call for Si Spurrier to become the writer of a Scarlet Spiders series. I'd love to see what he came up with; his Legion series was one of the best things I've ever read.

But I'd almost be happy getting a Scarlet Spiders title regardless of who the author is!

-Pav, who certainly has preferences though...
    Having read some of Si Spurrier's work before, namely Ghost Rider: Danny Ketch --- Addict and the 2014 X-Force series, I'd say he could do extremely well with the Scarlet Spider(s).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Hoo boy, new issue is a doozy for poor Ben and sets up the final issue to what I think will be an emotional climax.

Unfortunately the great writing is marred by the worst art yet in the series. Whenever a book is about to get cancelled the good artists always jump ship and we’re left with mediocre fill-ins like this. That’s a shame. Hope Sliney comes back for the final issue. Still a great issue though. That ending....!

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Hoo boy, new issue is a doozy for poor Ben and sets up the final issue to what I think will be an emotional climax.

Unfortunately the great writing is marred by the worst art yet in the series. Whenever a book is about to get cancelled the good artists always jump ship and we’re left with mediocre fill-ins like this. That’s a shame. Hope Sliney comes back for the final issue. Still a great issue though. That ending....!
    Indeed. October will be a long wait, though at least we know he has to survive to take part in Spider-Geddon.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed. October will be a long wait, though at least we know he has to survive to take part in Spider-Geddon.
    hopefully he survives spidergeddon
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Have to wonder though just what kind of effect that Ben literally throwing himself in someone's path to take a bullet will have on his soul. Usually a selfless sacrifice knowing it will cost you your life is seen as a redeemable act so Ben doing this in spite of knowing that his death will forever taint his soul has to do something good for him, especially with next issue being the last.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Have to wonder though just what kind of effect that Ben literally throwing himself in someone's path to take a bullet will have on his soul. Usually a selfless sacrifice knowing it will cost you your life is seen as a redeemable act so Ben doing this in spite of knowing that his death will forever taint his soul has to do something good for him, especially with next issue being the last.
    I would hope so, but Death can be fickle.

I would hope so, but Death can be fickle.
    True though back when he offered to die in place of Kaine and Cassandra’s daughter she was impressed by his selflessness saying he was on the right track so you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    True though back when he offered to die in place of Kaine and Cassandra’s daughter she was impressed by his selflessness saying he was on the right track so you never know.
    That's true.

Astonishing Member

Hopefully this is empty hype, but it sound ominous. If Ben Reilly is killed AGAIN... after we waited 2 decades for him to come back... then I’m quitting Marvel.

https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-flash...-staying-dead/

Another fan subsequently asked about the future of Ben Reilly, Peter’s most famous clone, and executive editor Nick Lowe cited Spider-Geddon provided an ominous response.

“You should be concerned,” Lowe said. “Things are looking bleak for him.” Lowe didn’t specifically state that Ben wouldn’t survive the event, however.
    Last edited by HypnoHustler; 10-06-2018 at 12:43 AM.

How very cliche and lame if they turn to killing Ben...again. Like all of the creative minds in Marvel can't possibly think of anything better to do with him; "well his comic's not selling and we don't know what to do with him." "Kill him off?" "Sounds good to me!" In the meantime other comics that have not sold well are either still on-going or in a relaunch and none of their main's were killed. Will definitely be taking a long break from Marvel if Ben is killed again. Well either way it will make all of the "not!Ben wahhh!" haters happy for once.
    Last edited by Spiderfang; 10-06-2018 at 02:25 AM.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Hopefully this is empty hype, but it sound ominous. If Ben Reilly is killed AGAIN... after we waited 2 decades for him to come back... then I’m quitting Marvel.

https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-flash...-staying-dead/
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    How very cliche and lame if they turn to killing Ben...again. Like all of the creative minds in Marvel can't possibly think of anything better to do with him; "well his comic's not selling and we don't know what to do with him." "Kill him off?" "Sounds good to me!" In the meantime other comics that have not sold well are either still on-going or in a relaunch and none of their main's were killed. Will definitely be taking a long break from Marvel if Ben is killed again. Well either way it will make all of the "not!Ben wahhh!" haters happy for once.
    I can understand your sentiments, and I will be especially unhappy if Ben dies (again) without a chance to redeem himself or at least make peace with Peter after the way things were left between them in the aftermath of The Clone Conspiracy.

For those interested a less broken but still emotionally damaged version of Ben Reilly will be featured as a supporting character in my What If OMD Never Happened? story from this current chapter (22) onward -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1281972...-The-Great-Web

If so inclined, enjoy.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Given the he's-obviously-not-actually-gonna-die ending to the most recent issue, it's safe to say Lowe was just talking about Not-Ben's current status.

That being said, if he was killed off, it'd be no biggie. In any real sense, Ben Reilly never returned. So if this new character was killed off, nothing's really changed. And the real Ben's memory can be slightly less tarnished.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    In any real sense, Ben Reilly never returned. So if this new character was killed off, nothing's really changed. And the real Ben's memory can be slightly less tarnished.
    This.

The book failed spectacularly because old school fans could not get over the colossal character assassination of Clone Conspiracy, and new fans had no reason to support him.

This Ben started off as a Machiavellian schemer who had betrayed everything the original Ben and Peter stood for. He was depicted as someone so uncompromisingly slimy that there was no chance any fresh reader would back him for the first time. I liked a lot of the ideas Peter David used in this, but for me this title would have simply benefited more being a relaunch for Kane and not Ben.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 10-09-2018 at 03:27 AM.