Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWoman View Post
    Just finished 25 myself. Man that was sad, poor Ben. Though a nice callback to the original Clone Saga in the last panels.
    I might not be picking it up till next week. What happens? Ta.

BANNED

Ok. Spill. David doing something ballsy and ending the book on a dour note has me curious.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Ok. Spill. David doing something ballsy and ending the book on a dour note has me curious.
    How do I tag my writing as spoilers on this forum? I’m a relative newb.

Someone let me know and I’ll spill all the details. Don’t know why you’re happy though, Miles. Seems PAD just double-downed on the Clone Conspiracy Ben.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    How do I tag my writing as spoilers on this forum? I’m a relative newb.

Someone let me know and I’ll spill all the details. Don’t know why you’re happy though, Miles. Seems PAD just double-downed on the Clone Conspiracy Ben.
    Type in [ spoil ] insert your info afterwards then close it off with [ /spoil ]

(don't space out spoil or /spoil in the brackets like I'm doing, I'm only doing that because it goes into spoiler mode if I don't)

Oh, and I'm not happy, there's a difference between being jolly and being mesmerised by a train-wreck
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 10-10-2018 at 04:47 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Type in [ spoil ] insert your info afterwards then close it off with [ /spoil ]
    Thank you.

Anyway...

spoilers:
    Ben is brought back to life again. But as Death promised previously, his soul is now gone and he’s completely evil. The issue ends with Ben trying to kill Kaine and then laughing like a maniac on a rooftop. There’s some other stuff, like Abigail is alive while also an angel and it’s all so confusing and convoluted. It’s all very rushed. At one point a robot of Mysterio’s daughter appears out of nowhere with no build up. Oh and evil Ben punches through her stomach. Anyway worst issue of the series. Terrible note for Ben to go out on. Why PAD wants to undo all his character development from almost 2 years of this book, I have no idea. 0.5 out of 5 webs from me.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Thank you.

Anyway...

spoilers:
    Ben is brought back to life again. But as Death promised previously, his soul is now gone and he’s completely evil. The issue ends with Ben trying to kill Kaine and then laughing like a maniac on a rooftop. There’s some other stuff, like Abigail is alive while also an angel and it’s all so confusing and convoluted. It’s all very rushed. At one point a robot of Mysterio’s daughter appears out of nowhere with no build up. Oh and evil Ben punches through her stomach. Anyway worst issue of the series. Terrible note for Ben to go out on. Why PAD wants to undo all his character development from almost 2 years of this book, I have no idea. 0.5 out of 5 webs from me.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    If you were to tell me there would be yet another Spider-Man book involving Mephisto, ten years on from OMD, that would end with another Spider's soul being damned and his characterisation shot to ribbons, I'd say "no way would Marvel be dumb enough to do a repeat performance"
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 10-10-2018 at 05:04 AM.

Astonishing Member

Thank you.

Anyway...

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Oh bloody hell.

Thank you.

Anyway...

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Obviously the people at Marvel hate Ben with a vengeance. Guess I'll just go back to collecting the rest of JMS' TASM run and maybe Superior.
    Last edited by Spiderfang; 10-10-2018 at 05:40 AM.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

BANNED

Ok, I just read it, and...yeah, it's actually even worse than described.

spoilers:
    First of all, the art absolutely sucks, the only feelgood moment is that Ben knocks out Mephisto, Abigail's motivations are unclear and even Mephisto knows she's going to screw it up so he leaves her to do just that. Ben is like "don't send me back, I'll be evil", and Abigail is like "I don't have time for this", and restores him. When the robot of Mysterio's daughter appears...he destroys her, and then feels good about it...and for some reason this convinces him he's now evil....he does'nt kill anyone, he punches out a robot and decides all of a sudden "yeah, I'm twisted", goes to work for Diogenes and picks on Kaine for no reason and no build-up

Also, Ben was unmasked by the paramedics, who recognised him as looking a bit like Peter. I don't think they were killed
    end of spoilers

Last edited by Miles To Go; 10-10-2018 at 05:58 AM.

i understood almost none of those spoilers but “laughing on a rooftop like a maniac” made me lol
    troo fan or death

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post

Obviously the people at Marvel hate Ben with a vengeance. Guess I'll just go back to collecting the rest of JMS' TASM run and maybe Superior.
    I have a hard time believing PAD, an accomplished writer and smart guy, thought this was a good direction to take Ben in. I bet there was some editorial mandate involved since the series was ending. They're probably setting things up for Ben to be cannon-fodder in Spidergeddon, and sadly Peter or Kaine won't care when/if he dies again.

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    i understood almost none of those spoilers but “laughing on a rooftop like a maniac” made me lol
    He totally does. It's so stupid. It reminds me of the Clone Conspiracy tie-in ASM issue where he does the same laugh after escaping Peter and Doc Ock and having his pills. The "evil laugh" is such a dumb and outdated comic cliche. It's never used in TV shows, movies, and I doubt real-life evil people laugh like that. Wish writers would stop doing that just to show a character is eeeeeviiiiill.

Astonishing Member

I like Pav's enthusiasm, but he's going to have a hard time spinning this in a positive light.

Man, I don't want to read those spoilers, but your reaction are enought to make me anxious. Granted, Spider-man 2099 had a rushed ending and wasn't as good as it should have been, but PAD managed to stick the landing anyway. What you're implying is really not what I was hoping for.

Maybe during Spidergeddon they can swap out a pre-dead 616 Ben with this one, which is why we're supposed be "worried" for him or something. I don't know, honestly until they do something developmentally concrete and frankly positive with Ben (besides defecating on his character) I don't really care anymore.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    Maybe during Spidergeddon they can swap out a pre-dead 616 Ben with this one, which is why we're supposed be "worried" for him or something. I don't know, honestly until they do something developmentally concrete and frankly positive with Ben (besides defecating on his character) I don't really care anymore.
    Maybe they could reveal the Ben that died in Scarlet Spiders is alive and well. In only three issues or so he proved to be a far fairer representation of Ben than whatever the hell this was supposed to be.