Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Ben coming back after 20 years like THIS.... is a classic example of "be careful what you wish for." I wanted him back for ages, and now I wish he had stayed dead.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Ben coming back after 20 years like THIS.... is a classic example of "be careful what you wish for." I wanted him back for ages, and now I wish he had stayed dead.
    Couldn't agree more. I am incredibly disappointed with that ending, with the issue and now looking back i feel like i wasted a whole ton of money on this series. Just disappointing and stupid.

I'm soooooo disappointed and angry! My favourite Spider character destroyed. First by Slott and now by PAD. **** like this makes me want to drop Marvel comics for good. Yeah... Screw you Marvel.

Ben is unfixable right now. Just kill him off and/or bring back the one from Earth-94. Hell, I would be satisfied with some clone shenanigans, like it wasn't the real Ben but other clone with his memories or something like that.

So disappointing.

Astonishing Member

Just created a thread for it. Needed another place to vent.

I am physically ill about what they've done to Ben Reilly. I had been picking up the trades of this series because I had faith in PAD, but that is completely gone now. I won't be spending any more money on Marvel comics, and I'll be selling most of the ones I currently have.

Spectacular Member

Ok wow, I'm not the only one who got burned by that series as well. I mean I was totally happy this today's issue. I don't mind him returning and causing the whole Clone Conspiracy, then going a little loopy at the front part of this series...but that ending, what the hell! It was such a non ending, like I feel like there should be another issue or two. I've watched heroes go bad and love to watch their return to greatness and was hoping to see that with Ben, but this ending was just off, so damn off. Man I feel like the last two years of Ben's story just built to nothing at all. Then they have the nerve to tell us to read Spider-Geddon for more of Ben, but c'mon...that is a different writer and he won't even know where Ben is at character wise. Man I had such high hopes and they got dashed.

On another note, I never want to see Mephisto in a Spider-comic ever again. EVER.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    On another note, I never want to see Mephisto in a Spider-comic ever again. EVER.
    Even if Marvel does try to resolve OMD ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Even if Marvel does try to resolve OMD ?
    Which is very likely the case if there's a possibility this ending was mandated so that Ben does not get a big victory over Mephisto before Peter can.

Mighty Member

Ok, so that's a thing that just happened. Issue #25 of Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider. And...

Ok. Gonna need a minute here.

So, first thing first: This issue sucked. To be fair, there is one part of the issue that made my heart sing. For like three panels. And the other part that made it weep. That they come in the order they do is the major reason I'm not happy. I'll save spoilers for the issue discussion thread. But yeah.

I'd love to find out how much of this was editorial mandate and how much was PAD just being meta AF. That this series literally ends with the very same "Careful what you wish for" reaction that Ben Reilly fans had with the reveal in Clone Conspiracy.

Gonna have to ruminate on this one a bit.
    Last edited by ZeroBG82; 10-10-2018 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I am incredibly disappointed with that ending, with the issue and now looking back i feel like i wasted a whole ton of money on this series. Just disappointing and stupid.
    What the hell happened to Peter David? The writing was bad from the first issue of this series but somehow it got even worse until the last issue which was just a complete disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet-Spider View Post
    What the hell happened to Peter David? The writing was bad from the first issue of this series but somehow it got even worse until the last issue which was just a complete disaster.
    Like Slott, maybe he's more focused on complaining about Trump on social media than writing good stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    Like Slott, maybe he's more focused on complaining about Trump on social media than writing good stories.
    Has anyone posted on his Twitter about yesterday’s issue whether questioning if this is really the end or voicing their concerns about it?

I just checked his twitter feed and wish I hadn't.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Has anyone posted on his Twitter about yesterday’s issue whether questioning if this is really the end or voicing their concerns about it?
    What's the point? Just be glad this horribly written series is over. I never thought i see the day where i am glad a Ben Reilly ongoing is cancled and i also can't believe i paid money for this. Stories like Sins Past and One More Day are hated but at least those had dialogue and plot structure that made sense.