Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445

I was sure that but he time the book ended, Ben would be back to his normal self along with the dyed blond hair. Kaine is cool. We don’t need another hard-edged Scarlet Spider. Let Ben be the way everyone likes him.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

For those who are interested, starting in this chapter of my What if One More Day Never Happened? story (Another Strand in the Great Web) I begin the type of return storyline (as a struggling but still intact hero) our boy Ben Reilly should have received imo -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1281972...-The-Great-Web

If so inclined enjoy.
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-12-2018 at 09:41 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Ben fans, if you haven't read Spider-Geddon #5 yet, you're gonna wanna go ahead and do that. It's a game-changer for Mr. Reilly.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    Ben fans, if you haven't read Spider-Geddon #5 yet, you're gonna wanna go ahead and do that. It's a game-changer for Mr. Reilly.
    And in a good way, too. Just had to preface with that because after what happened at the end of Ben Reilly 25 . . . I just didn't want to leave anyone apprehensive.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ironically, Ben is kind of immortal now, since we know that he retains his memories after being re-cloned.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    Ironically, Ben is kind of immortal now, since we know that he retains his memories after being re-cloned.
    I wouldn’t say he’s immortal. He gets killed again and he’s dead unless someone clones him.

Just wanted to say I've been on a Scarlet Spider binge recently. Reading Kaine's title as well as Ben's time as Spider-Man back in the 90s. After this, I'm totally convinced these two should be together in a series. I'm digging how both have this feeling of inferiority, how there's always this inkling that they can't measure up to Peter (which is funny in a way. People feel that they don't measure up to down-on-his luck Parker? Pete would have a laugh.)

I think the time is right for both. There are a lot of plot points from both of their histories that need resolution or exploration. Their personalities play off of each other well, Kaine being hot-headed and Ben being the calmer one. Both have committed terrible mistakes and feel a need to make up for them. Stories can be a lot more daring and risky with these two since they aren't the real Spider-Man. They can be a bit more beat up and trampled if need be.

So yeah, a Scarlet Spiders series starring Ben and Kaine would be awesome!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Just wanted to say I've been on a Scarlet Spider binge recently. Reading Kaine's title as well as Ben's time as Spider-Man back in the 90s. After this, I'm totally convinced these two should be together in a series. I'm digging how both have this feeling of inferiority, how there's always this inkling that they can't measure up to Peter (which is funny in a way. People feel that they don't measure up to down-on-his luck Parker? Pete would have a laugh.)

I think the time is right for both. There are a lot of plot points from both of their histories that need resolution or exploration. Their personalities play off of each other well, Kaine being hot-headed and Ben being the calmer one. Both have committed terrible mistakes and feel a need to make up for them. Stories can be a lot more daring and risky with these two since they aren't the real Spider-Man. They can be a bit more beat up and trampled if need be.

So yeah, a Scarlet Spiders series starring Ben and Kaine would be awesome!
    Very. Just a matter of getting the right writer who can do their dynamic justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Very. Just a matter of getting the right writer who can do their dynamic justice.
    The success of Miles, of Spider-Gwen -- even the current Venom series -- shows that it's just about the right creative team with the right execution of the right idea.

Considering the fairly diverse opinions among us on what would make for a successful comic featuring Scarlet Spider(s), I can't help but think that maybe the perfect creative team and pitch has to be beyond what we know we want -- some sort of mysterious je ne sais quoi.

Or maybe it's simply about giving the fans what they want. *Shrugs*

-Pav, who thinks the Black Tarantula should become a Scarlet antagonist...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    The success of Miles, of Spider-Gwen -- even the current Venom series -- shows that it's just about the right creative team with the right execution of the right idea.

Considering the fairly diverse opinions among us on what would make for a successful comic featuring Scarlet Spider(s), I can't help but think that maybe the perfect creative team and pitch has to be beyond what we know we want -- some sort of mysterious je ne sais quoi.

Black Tarantula versus Scarlet Spider(s) would be a very interesting dynamic, certainly visually striking in terms of how the colors black and red complement each other. I could see him rebuilding his cartel in the Southwestern United States (covering Houston, Texas and Las Vegas, Nevada) and being opposed in that by both Scarlet Spiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Black Tarantula versus Scarlet Spider(s) would be a very interesting dynamic, certainly visually striking in terms of how the colors black and red complement each other. I could see him rebuilding his cartel in the Southwestern United States (covering Houston, Texas and Las Vegas, Nevada) and being opposed in that by both Scarlet Spiders.
    Dudes, totally would be down for that! Love Black Tarantula and that legacy he's got going. Him making a play for the Southwest would be great and would touch on a lot of the story points for the Scarlet Spiders. I can see it right now Ben and Kaine tag teaming against an all-powerful Black Tarantula!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Dudes, totally would be down for that! Love Black Tarantula and that legacy he's got going. Him making a play for the Southwest would be great and would touch on a lot of the story points for the Scarlet Spiders. I can see it right now Ben and Kaine tag teaming against an all-powerful Black Tarantula!
    Considering how Kaine's young partner Aracely's backstory involves things like the prophesied rise of the Aztec underworld, her being the mortal reincarnation of an Aztec deity called Huitzilopochtli, and initially being chased by a pyrokinetic also named for an Aztec deity, I could see that factoring into Black Tarantula's ambitions, especially if the writer figured out how to tie Black Tarantula's origins into that mythology.