Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Wonder how Kaine will react when he sees Ben?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Yes, thanks I love the image.

I think Kaine will be apologetic toward Ben. Given his conversation with the priest in his series Kaine had some guilt over his treatment of Ben and of the fact that he felt it was unfair that a monster like him could survive while a good man like Ben was dead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Well he will be in Spiderverse, at least I hope.

Hopefully it's The Clone Saga series version where he survived, Kaine went good and Peter retired to be a family man.

I'm not sure how Spider-Verse will pan out, but it could bring characters that are dead back to life.

If time travel is involved in any way it could be the real Ben and not just a dimensional copy of him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Braun Rodman View Post
    I always felt like they left the door open with the way he died, disintegrating like he did. Didn't seem to make sense for a "perfect clone" especially now that we saw in Grim Hunt with Kaine when he died. He didn't turn to goo/powder or whatever. Norman could have switched Ben out, we know how he liked to keep people trapped for unnecessary amounts of time (Aunt May)

When the Gwen clone was shot and killed it looked like she was suffering from the clone disintegrating factor on one of her hands.

It maybe that even the so called perfect clones might not be so perfect after all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    I have to get this off my chest, to all Ben fans if Ben were to return full time to the 616. what codename should he take
    Peter is Spider-Man
    Kaine is the Scarlet Spider
    who would Ben be any ideas or if you wanted Ben to be the Scarlet Spider again what code name would you give Kaine.

The Amazing Arachnid-Man

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thinker4730 View Post
    The Amazing Arachnid-Man
    Something simple like The Spider, or Tarantula would be cool.

Fictional Computer Hacker August_Gorman's Avatar

Here's one I'm sure will never happen, but I'd like to see Ben [alive and] joining PAD's X-Factor Investigations. Make it the same line-up of characters that were present before the relaunch, but have Ben leading the team in place of Madrox. Get him to re-adopt his Grizzly Adams look, and drop the Spider-Themed costume all together (except for maybe the mask).

5tjyNN3.jpg
    Last edited by August_Gorman; 10-21-2014 at 03:07 PM.
    ____

Currently Reading: The Amazing Spider-Man, Attack On Titan, Fight Club 2, On Guard We Stand, Ultimate End
    ____

Gus Gorman: "Hey, man!"
    Lorelei Ambrosia: "That's his last name. He likes to be called Superman."

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Spectacular Member

Or what if Kaine becomes the Crimson SPider and Ben goes back to being the Scarlet Spider. Or how about Recluse as a name for ben

Contest of Champions seems like a good series to bring back Ben Reilly. It gives that book a character with Spider-Man's powers and ethos (as well as a small fan following of his own) in a series with time-travel, which allows for the usage of deceased characters.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Contest of Champions seems like a good series to bring back Ben Reilly. It gives that book a character with Spider-Man's powers and ethos (as well as a small fan following of his own) in a series with time-travel, which allows for the usage of deceased characters.
    I was thinking the same thing. Could also be a good way to try out a new character's first appearance.

BANNED

This contest really happened between Kon-El and Ben in the 90's except Superboy had a different look.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Astronaut View Post
    Wow! Great piece of art IMO.

Spectacular Member

When they first killed off Peter in the Ultimate universe, I just knew for a fact that we were going to get that universe Ben Reilly. In that universe, Ben was a whole seperate character, who happened to be African American and was Curt Conners lab assistant, who was last seen making off with a sample of the venom/carnage suit of that universe. I was just so sure that the African American Spider-Man that they announced that was going to take over the mantle was going to be this Ben. I spent hours at my job on auto pilot visualizing how The 616-Ben cast would be ultimized alongside this version of Ulimate Ben. I was a fan of it already.

I was MAJORILY disappointed with Bendis in going in a whole different route in creating Miles. Granted, I love the character and his cast, but I was desperately wanting a Ben Reilly back, I was ready for this version of Ben, who was already readily established and connected to the 'clone' saga of the Ultimate universe to done the webs.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rajikaru View Post
    When they first killed off Peter in the Ultimate universe, I just knew for a fact that we were going to get that universe Ben Reilly. In that universe, Ben was a whole seperate character, who happened to be African American and was Curt Conners lab assistant, who was last seen making off with a sample of the venom/carnage suit of that universe. I was just so sure that the African American Spider-Man that they announced that was going to take over the mantle was going to be this Ben. I spent hours at my job on auto pilot visualizing how The 616-Ben cast would be ultimized alongside this version of Ulimate Ben. I was a fan of it already.

I was MAJORILY disappointed with Bendis in going in a whole different route in creating Miles. Granted, I love the character and his cast, but I was desperately wanting a Ben Reilly back, I was ready for this version of Ben, who was already readily established and connected to the 'clone' saga of the Ultimate universe to done the webs.
    That would have been an interesting route to take with Ultimate Ben Reilly, and he still could have become an Ultimate Scarlet Spider, trying to atone for his part in the Ultimate Clone Saga by upholding Peter Parker's legacy and helping Miles to become the best Spider-Man he could be. Hmm, Miles, Ben, and Jessica as an Ultimate Spider-Team would have been an idea worth exploring as well.
    The spider is always on the hunt.