Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Carolina Wall-Crawler Southern_Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    IF Ben is the new Jackal, I hope that he can be antagonistic without being an outright villain.

-Pav, who prefers when the complexity of morality is appreciated...
    Definitely. Shades of grey with his return (if it is actually happening, which I think is really pretty unlikely)--he wouldn't be an outright villain, just misguided in what he thinks is right. Especially since he is Peter's clone, if he is written with the same new characterization as Peter during Slott's tenure--that of guilt over any death--then it makes sense that he would use his scientific acumen along with the instruments of his own creation to try and cheat/defeat death.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent of Wolfram & Hart View Post
    I love this image, wow I miss Ben!
    This is the best I've ever seen him depicted in that costume. LOVE it.

I'd also like a brief scene where Pete randomly drops into that coffee shop for whatever reason and one of Ben's old cast members sort-of recognizes him.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday John Marc DeMatteis!!!

Thanks for your writing of Ben Reilly!
    http://www.comicsreporter.com/index...._jm_dematteis/

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Southern_Spider View Post
    Definitely. Shades of grey with his return (if it is actually happening, which I think is really pretty unlikely)--he wouldn't be an outright villain, just misguided in what he thinks is right. Especially since he is Peter's clone, if he is written with the same new characterization as Peter during Slott's tenure--that of guilt over any death--then it makes sense that he would use his scientific acumen along with the instruments of his own creation to try and cheat/defeat death.
    Considering the revelations in The Clone Conspiracy #3, you might be getting exactly what you want, or something close enough to it. In the meantime, perhaps J.M. DeMatteis (happy birthday, by the way!) should be the one writing any Ben Reilly and/or Kaine-related tie-ins to or spinoffs from The Clone Conspiracy.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ben is the best.

-Pav, who needs no Peter Parker...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Ben is the best.

-Pav, who needs no Peter Parker...
    I would not dispute you there, aside from the standard that Ben literally would not exist if not for Peter, but notwithstanding that, he is definitely the best of the "other" Spider-Men over the years. Having checked out Amazing Spider-Man #22, I find his motivations quite sound and reasonable, even if his methods aren't necessarily the best, though he is at least trying to curb unnecessary deaths and provide everyone with a second chance to live like he got. I also find it perversely satisfying, even karmic, how he got his revenge on the "actual" Jackal for the torturous repeated cycles of death and resurrection Miles Warren inflicted on him. He's still trying to do good, or what he sees as good, but he's a bit understandably unhinged after what he's been put through and likely has no idea of the death and destruction he's going to unleash if he's not stopped. Looking forward to him and Kaine confronting each other, especially given how much Kaine based his desire for redemption on the example Ben set and now how their situation has been reversed, with Kaine as the "good clone" and Ben as the "bad clone."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

News regarding this Upcoming Spider-Title following can be read here

BANNED

I knew it!

*hiperventilates*

BANNED

That said, I`m not feeling the new design for now. Especially the mask smile. I`d rather something more urban or stylish. But how they characterized his new ongoing persona struggle is definatly interesting me. Basically having both an angel and a devil on his shoulders with both giving their voices and opinions. A little Scarlet Spider and a little Jackal if you will.

They may have spoiled the ending for CC a bit there I think..which being true is a cliché.

Incredible Member

Happy Ben and Kaine come out on top and survive! Not a fan of the costume smirk though.

So if Ben and Kaine survive, I wonder if there will be anymore outcomes of this event, any more gains or loses character wise.

BANNED

My interest in this will be largely dependent on the outcome of Clone Conspiracy, and the few solicits we'll get before #1 hits. I want to like this, but the amount of Spider-books I'm already getting makes this hard to justify.

If Kaine's still alive, that means he was probably successful in curing the clones. Prowler will almost certainly survive (he has a book after all!). Don't be surprised if we get more new spider-books in the April and May solicits. Maybe a Spider-Women one, to replace Spider-Woman (which seems to be ending in March) and Silk (whose sales are almost as bad), and be a vehicle for Jessica Drew, Cindy Moon, and Mattie Franklin?

Ben is my favorite Spiderman, and the clone saga was my first big comic arc that I followed pretty much from start to finish, I really liked the blond spiderman concept back in the 90s.

BenReillyBagley.jpg

Mighty Member

So, a new book for "Ben Reilly". Though from the descriptions and interviews so far, it's less Ben than a broken character sharing his name. Still, being acknowledged at all is progress.

As for the new book, as you might gather I'm not impressed by what I'm hearing of the new direction. And the new look will take some getting used to (lose the mouth, please!). But it's a hell of a creative team. And for good or ill it's Ben. Haven't picked up a Spidey book since Yost's Scarlet Spider, but I am definitely giving this a shot.

I moved some posts on Clone Conspiracy #4 to a new thread.

http://community.comicbookresources....racy-4-Preview
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets