Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Ok I will accept this Ben as real but does anyone have a good head canon solution to his soul? PAV i'm looking in your direction

Quote Originally Posted by knightwolf View Post
    Ok I will accept this Ben as real but does anyone have a good head canon solution to his soul? PAV i'm looking in your direction
    All who live belong to the Phoenix Force.
    All who live are both separate and together.
    All who live are distinct yet part of the whole.

Ben Reilly has a soul, but that soul is every soul.

That soul - every soul, the only soul - is the Phoenix Force.

Or, y'know, souls aren't a real thing.

-Pav, who has yet to see his when he sneezes...
    Last edited by Pav; 01-25-2017 at 03:36 PM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

All-New Member

lol ok fair enough. I just always hoped Ben's soul would come back in a mystical way and retain his memories before OMD and kinda hate Peter for what he did.

lol ok fair enough. I just always hoped Ben's soul would come back in a mystical way and retain his memories before OMD and kinda hate Peter for what he did.
    that would be some powerful fan service if it ever happened
    troo fan or death

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    that would be some powerful fan service if it ever happened
    yes but it would have felt right given how hard Ben fought to make a life for himself and Peter just threw it all away.

yes but it would have felt right given how hard Ben fought to make a life for himself and Peter just threw it all away.
    whether or not that's true, it would never happen. fanfics might be a good place to explore that though
    troo fan or death

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Thanks. Ah, "Jackal," you and your gallows humor. Also, kudos to Spidey for leaving the grieving Rhino alone . . . though that might come back to bite him.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

think Ben lives with his entire supporting cast we never see ...

maybe Bridge Gwen was a clone too, and they can bump into each other on the lamb

"I used to have this group of friends back in New York that got into the craziest stuff..shit you wouldn't believe... And couldn't make up...

Really? I visited New York once... Was just planning a short visit but it seemed to drag on forever... Met a nice group of folks ... But total drama ...

Ha! I bet ... But still, thought about reaching out, maybe I'll drop a letter or something ... Who knows what they think about me ...

Oh I don't think I could go back - Probally wind up on the front page of the Bugle ..I don't suggest letters .. Long story

The Bugle!!! Omg that place had the best coffee next door .. Used to stop there with Peter on my way to describe what the criminals looked like at the POlice Station.. Kind of became our super regular thing ...

Peter... Parker?!

!!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I'm trying to remain optimistic about how this ends, but I'm beyond pissed what Slott's done to Ben Reilly so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    I'm trying to remain optimistic about how this ends, but I'm beyond pissed what Slott's done to Ben Reilly so far.
    Yea tell me about it. Even with PAD writing his book, how do you get redemption for attempted worldwide genocide? And he does it all gleefully like he's channeling the Joker or something.

Spectacular Member

Slott has killed Ben Reilly's characterization. I doubt I can get into the new series. Making Ben evil is just dumb and pathetic!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yea tell me about it. Even with PAD writing his book, how do you get redemption for attempted worldwide genocide? And he does it all gleefully like he's channeling the Joker or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by rckstr1253 View Post
    Slott has killed Ben Reilly's characterization. I doubt I can get into the new series. Making Ben evil is just dumb and pathetic!
    He's not evil.

You have to understand Ben's actions from his own perspective: for him, coming back to life "better than ever" is no big deal. He is running on a different set of morals due to his torture at the hands of Miles Warren since Revelations.

If you dislike seeing Ben as he currently is, my guess is you'll be happy with his solo series because PAD will probably move him slowly back to a more heroic persona.

-Pav, who is excited to go on the journey...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Spectacular Member

Sorry PAC, but making Ben the act this way is just not the En I grew up liking and yea being tortured would change someone but bring villains back to life and have them attack Peter, and releasing the carrion virus on innocent people, even Ben would of never done.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    He's not evil.

You have to understand Ben's actions from his own perspective: for him, coming back to life "better than ever" is no big deal. He is running on a different set of morals due to his torture at the hands of Miles Warren since Revelations.

If you dislike seeing Ben as he currently is, my guess is you'll be happy with his solo series because PAD will probably move him slowly back to a more heroic persona.

-Pav, who is excited to go on the journey...
    I hope you are right. *crosses fingers*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."