Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Just checking I packed all of my Switch.

Mighty Member

Well, reviews are coming in for Tears of the Kingdom and they all look to be overwhelmingly positive so far. So fans of BotW should be in for another good time.

I will not be playing this, as I absolutely HATED BotW and every indication is that everything that ruined that game for me is back for TotK. But hopefully those who did enjoy the last one get years of more fun out of this one.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Well, reviews are coming in for Tears of the Kingdom and they all look to be overwhelmingly positive so far. So fans of BotW should be in for another good time.

I will not be playing this, as I absolutely HATED BotW and every indication is that everything that ruined that game for me is back for TotK. But hopefully those who did enjoy the last one get years of more fun out of this one.
    Funny enough, I didn't love BoTW either.

Nintendo fans won't have it any other way though, I remember how crap Jim Sterling on YouTube got when he gave the game an average review.

I liked BoTW but I didn't love it.

BotW was okay for me. Didnt love it didnt hate it. In fact the most fun parts for me were walking around and hunting and gathering more then the fighting bad guys. I also loved to just walk around and explore the map. If I could just have a game I walk around and explore with nothing else really to do I would love that.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I adored BotW and I'm really really looking forward to this.

Bad news: I'm going to Hawaii for several days and won't be able to play it till I return (the wife would be very cross if I ignored her).

Good news: I'm going to Hawaii.
    Life is but a dream

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I just started today and it's fantastic. I love the weapon crafting and the environment is gorgeous.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I started playing this last night and picked it up again as soon as I woke up, coffee in hand. I'm at work now and I can't stop thinking about it. Nintendo knocked it outta the park with this sequel, no doubt. Another absolute masterpiece.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    I started playing this last night and picked it up again as soon as I woke up, coffee in hand. I'm at work now and I can't stop thinking about it. Nintendo knocked it outta the park with this sequel, no doubt. Another absolute masterpiece.
    Yeah, I thought Breath of the Wild was one of the best games of all time but this may top it
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Completely love the game but one negative thing is that the age of the switch hardware is really starting to show, between my PC and PS5 having a solid state drive for open world games and nearly zero load times makes TOTK load times stand out pretty badly

I'm finally able to play it and just finished Great Sky Island. I really like it so far and look forward to exploring the world. I'll be honest though, I'm not into crafting. Never got into Minecraft or anything like that. And I always ignore crafting parts of games when I can. It just doesn't do anything for me.

So far, its implemented in an interesting way, and I'll use it as much as necessary to progress, but I'll mostly ignore it whenever possible. I'm just gonna play this as more Breath of the Wild, which is what I wanted.
    Life is but a dream

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    I'm finally able to play it and just finished Great Sky Island. I really like it so far and look forward to exploring the world. I'll be honest though, I'm not into crafting. Never got into Minecraft or anything like that. And I always ignore crafting parts of games when I can. It just doesn't do anything for me.

So far, its implemented in an interesting way, and I'll use it as much as necessary to progress, but I'll mostly ignore it whenever possible. I'm just gonna play this as more Breath of the Wild, which is what I wanted.
    I feel the same way with the crafting. I keep seeing videos online of people creating machines that can fly and huge powerful weapons and it's actually putting me off buying the game.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I feel the same way with the crafting. I keep seeing videos online of people creating machines that can fly and huge powerful weapons and it's actually putting me off buying the game.
    Just ignore the people crafting jet fighters, Gundams and Mad Max cars. So far, everything can be solved by crafting planks in crude ways, and then you can move on with the game. I'll grudgingly admit there is some enjoyment out if it, in a puzzle solving way. No engineering degree is required at all.
    Life is but a dream

honestly once you figure out how to build the airbike you're pretty much set for the rest of the game

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    Just ignore the people crafting jet fighters, Gundams and Mad Max cars. So far, everything can be solved by crafting planks in crude ways, and then you can move on with the game. I'll grudgingly admit there is some enjoyment out if it, in a puzzle solving way. No engineering degree is required at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    honestly once you figure out how to build the airbike you're pretty much set for the rest of the game
    Thanks for the responses. It's reassuring to hear! I'll buy the game when I get some time off work soon.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I need to try that way. I was building the Green goblin Glider type and kept crashing.