Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

This video doesnt show much. But lets be real I will be getting it. But I havnt beat Breath of the Wild yet so it will be a bit before I buy it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I know I'm not the only one that's speculated it, but I'm still holding on to the theory that the game is dealing with the return of Demise.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Not a lot there but it looks beautiful, which was my favorite element of Breath of the Wild.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Wow. Just... Wow. I can't wait to see the crazy stuff people build.
    Life is but a dream

Life is but a dream

really effective use of the theme in that trailer, I'm really looking forward to it

Ganondorf!?

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Ganondorf was pretty clear from previous trailers but he looked like he was coming out of a seal in a mummified/decayed state. This confirms he actually regains a full form.

Riju looks older, like this possibly is 3 - 4 years ahead of BOTW.

Lot of speculation that Zelda got sent back to the past since she is looking out at a horizon with no Sky Islands, and needs Link to come find her while she doesn't seem to be a prisoner in the same way she was before.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ganondorf!?
    I'm assuming the game will explain how Ganondorf became Calamity Ganon. I'm guessing one of the previous Zeldas did a big OOPSIE.
    Life is but a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Ganondorf was pretty clear from previous trailers but he looked like he was coming out of a seal in a mummified/decayed state. This confirms he actually regains a full form.
    Actually (to me at least) all the previous trailers made it seem to me like Demise was coming back.

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

4125211-calamity-gainons.jpg

Ganondorf? More like GanonDaddy
    Life is but a dream

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Actually (to me at least) all the previous trailers made it seem to me like Demise was coming back.
    I could kind of see that, but people were doing deep dive analysis of the previous trailers and confirming that the mummy creature was wearing Gerudo symbols or something so a lot of the discussion was centered on Ganondorf.

A big theory regarding Calamity Ganon is that Ganondorf may have been sealed in such a way that prevented him from incarnating again, but then the primordial malice he inherited from Demise had no way to manifest regularly and instead appeared as an entity of pure malice. Then it tried to build itself a replacement body made out of the ancient Sheikah tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    I could kind of see that, but people were doing deep dive analysis of the previous trailers and confirming that the mummy creature was wearing Gerudo symbols or something so a lot of the discussion was centered on Ganondorf.

A big theory regarding Calamity Ganon is that Ganondorf may have been sealed in such a way that prevented him from incarnating again, but then the primordial malice he inherited from Demise had no way to manifest regularly and instead appeared as an entity of pure malice. Then it tried to build itself a replacement body made out of the ancient Sheikah tech.
    I guess it's a matter of perspective. I had viewed the mummified Ganondorf as the person over it removing from the corpse as opposed to putting back into it. I had seen it as removing Demise's hatred he cursed on it, as well as breaking the master sword (which Demise was absorbed into) to reunite the elements that made Demise.

Coupled with the sky cities, which were done previously to protect the habitants of the world from Demise, as well as remaking Skyward Sword about a year before Tears of the Kingdom was originally supposed to be released (and thus reminding people of the character), and this being at the end of the Zelda timeline. To me, it all seemed to line up to point to the return of Demise.

Life is but a dream