Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nova3333 View Post
    Rich gets to be on the cover for X MEN RED 10!

Attachment 124823
    Yeah, it's good to see him being involved in some delicious Al Ewing storytelling, but I hope he won't leave the GotG. Maybe the whole team will appear in future X-Men Red issues (or somewhere else) as major players in space issues.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Currently on my umpteenth read through of the DNA Nova run and have made it to the Galactus story. Even though I have read it dozens of times I still get excited like I'm reading it for the first time and am just blown away by Rich's heroics.

Thought the KID NOVA era of Richard Ryder in NEW WARRIORS wasn't beloved in its editorially mandated-ness (couldn't have 2 character running around with the same name), I do have a fondness for the cut of Mark Bagley's design on the maroon suit and the occasional foray into Superhero-casual by pairing it with a loose muscle shirt style top. #sidecleavage #himbo #himBRO

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Who else is glad that James Gunn is gone from the MCU so we don't have to suffer through his take on the character?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Who else is glad that James Gunn is gone from the MCU so we don't have to suffer through his take on the character?
    Depends on who, if anyone, takes over for the Cosmic MCU. Could be someone you'd like less, or could be NO one...

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Depends on who, if anyone, takes over for the Cosmic MCU. Could be someone you'd like less, or could be NO one...
    Ugh...kill it with fire
    Last edited by Anthony W; 09-25-2022 at 05:59 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I'm reminded that the Guardians of the Galaxy game did a mix of the comic Nova and Movie Nova Corps

As in while the majority of the Corps of comprised of normal rank and file grunts though with superpowered equipment so they aren't as harmless as the movie's interpretation, the elite Centurion class such as Richard Rider have access to the Nova Force

Also I recently read Annihilation, epic stuff. Rider's battle and execution of Annihilus is one of the coolest things ever. Looking forward to reading Conquest next.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 09-25-2022 at 11:30 PM.

Incredible Member

A good writer and director could easily build this plus what Thanos did and make them the Crops we think they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    A good writer and director could easily build this plus what Thanos did and make them the Crops we think they should be.
    And it looks like they were heading in a good direction with the game design stuff...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 09-27-2022 at 12:46 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

And it looks like they were heading in a good direction with the game design stuff...
    Its interesting that we are still transitioning to the more fantastical stuff.

While the Guardians movie was important as a huge step towards embracing the more overtly fantastical and insane parts of the source material through Rocket Raccoon and Groot, they were still conservative on other aspects.

In this case toning down the more overtly mystical aspects of the characters and more overtly suerpowered parts of the characters. Such as how the resurrection/Thanos connection of Drax got changed so he is a completely normal alien and the Nova Corps got nerfed into non-powered cops instead of flying energy people which is later treated as a big deal when Captain Marvel was introduced.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Its interesting that we are still transitioning to the more fantastical stuff.

While the Guardians movie was important as a huge step towards embracing the more overtly fantastical and insane parts of the source material through Rocket Raccoon and Groot, they were still conservative on other aspects.

In this case toning down the more overtly mystical aspects of the characters and more overtly suerpowered parts of the characters. Such as how the resurrection/Thanos connection of Drax got changed so he is a completely normal alien and the Nova Corps got nerfed into non-powered cops instead of flying energy people which is later treated as a big deal when Captain Marvel was introduced.
    At least it wouldn't be hard to swing the other way. Could say that due to being obliterated by Thanos and seeing Captain Marvel, though I am loath to tie them together, the Corps decide to to crank their power up to the extreme and thus proper Corps introduced.

All-New Member

I really enjoyed Fabian Nicieza's story in the Comunidades issue. I miss anthology titles and the one-and-done stories sometimes. Wish they'd resolve the Jesse Alexander story, though.

I'd love to see the Loveness/Perez type of Nova series return. Loved how Rich and Sam worked together in that series!

Obviously can't have sold well though considering how quickly it was cancelled.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Nova to get a Marvel Studios Special Presentation on Disney+
    https://www.thecosmiccircus.com/excl...ion-on-disney/

Not confirmed. The art used in that article was created for that website.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman