Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yes they very much are. The funny part is in a lot of ways Storm is the true legacy of charles and magneto when it comes to leading mutant kind having spent quite some time being mentored by both in a way. One of my favorite issues was when Storm was hurt and trying to save people at the bridge and magneto question why she cared so much, why would she give up being a goddess for these people, and in the end he saved the people from going over.
    You wouldn't happen to have a scan of the bold would you? that sounds like another beautiful moment.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    You wouldn't happen to have a scan of the bold would you? that sounds like another beautiful moment.
    i don't. I can't even remember the series just the scene and art stand out to me as it was kind of cartoonish.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

It just popped in my mind what series and google did the rest. X-men unlimited issue 39. lol

Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Amazing Member

Best parts were seeing the vote with most of the psychics lead by Jean up front and center. Also the Storm and Magneto moment which I wish was handled in X-Men red.

No matter how long Magneto stays dead if he stays dead that is he will eventually come back.

As mentioned somewhere up above so Echo-Phoenix has just vanished completely you would think with all the chaos around death and rebirth she would be front and center in this crossoverr oh well....

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Best parts were seeing the vote with most of the psychics lead by Jean up front and center. Also the Storm and Magneto moment which I wish was handled in X-Men red.

No matter how long Magneto stays dead if he stays dead that is he will eventually come back.

As mentioned somewhere up above so Echo-Phoenix has just vanished completely you would think with all the chaos around death and rebirth she would be front and center in this crossoverr oh well....
    It seems like the Avengers (outside of key players like Cap and Iron Man) just don’t have a place in this event. It’s kind of a shame cause I was hoping to see the teams interact since it’s usually a lot of bad blood.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Anyone else notice that Phoenix kind of disappeared between #2 and #3?
    I completely forgot about her. But yeah a lot of the Avengers kind of vanished.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This right here. Because i can easily see ewing writing one heck of a scene with mags consciousness on it's way to the waiting room and anya essentially telling him he's not ready to settle up with loss yet. Either way it was a fitting end, if it is that but i think the change fostered by arrako will have to do with their view on resurrections which could also add storyline because some may not want it, some may want it now, also i don't think many take into account many arraki may already be in the waiting room as they too are mutants so maybe he will delve a bit into what is there with magneto so maybe dead but like an afterlife story that takes place in the waiting room.
    This is a very interesting idea. Magneto in the Waiting Room interacting with Arakki, some of whom may want to return but haven't due to the "old ways." It could be a very cool story.

Although I want him to come back, if they decide that he's indeed dead and not returning (anytime soon), I'd be at peace with it due to the power of his sacrifice.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Same here, Sibling.
    But I wouldn't be opposed to him returning in similar spectacular fashion as he left.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Is that Rachel Summers next to Cassandra Nova?
    yup that's rachel

Spectacular Member

tbh i think the celestian will somehow undo everything. Arakko's population being decimated, I can see that sticking. Magneto dying? I can see that sticking. Human population being killed off? i don't see them keeping that in lol. and i don't think it's another illusion coz he just did it last issue

Astonishing Member

I have a hunch that its one final test, as others have thought, but specifically to see how many people keep fighting (and how hard) even after they've officially been judged and condemned and told by an overwhelming power that there's no point to fighting and that its all over. Like, if it is to some degree peoples' nihilism and lack of belief that there's any better future or possibility of one, that's like, the core basis of the Celestial's judgment, then this is how you put that to the ultimate stress test....convince people that there's every reason to give up and no point to continuing to fight anyway, and see whether or not they accept that.

BUT my hunch is unlike when the Celestial previously revealed it was all a test or illusion, if they do find a way to 'defeat' him or to some degree 'undo' what he's done, he intends to let them continue thinking it was truly a fight for survival rather than one last test, and that they've definitively 'beaten' him....so the event ends with them having worked together to ensure their survival rather than put said survival in the hands of a higher power, since that's kinda what started this whole thing. And they all walk away with the belief that the Celestial is gone or dead and unlikely to ever turn to something like 'resurrect a dead space god to solve our problems' again, instead of trying to find common ground between them instead.

Holy s**t, this was sp rushed out! More stuff has happened in each page than in half of the other books of the event combined.

They should have spread Eros's work across three isues at least, and another one for the final battle, Ikaris's infiltration and Uni-mind's hijacking...

Mighty Member

New iron man moniker soon maybe that guy from the mcu movies would come into comics as his replacement

The Mags moment was so, so beautiful and in stark contrast to what happened with Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    It seems like the Avengers (outside of key players like Cap and Iron Man) just don’t have a place in this event. It’s kind of a shame cause I was hoping to see the teams interact since it’s usually a lot of bad blood.
    Feel like part of the problem is the current Avengers line-up is a little weird too. Like the new Starboard stuff. Would like to see more Carol here though since she's got a positive history with the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post

I hope we'll see a slightly longer and more fleshed out take on this moment in Red #7, seems like that's been the vibe of this event's tie-ins.