Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Lol I couldn't even wait for the auto renew to eventually happen. After issue #1 I went ahead and renewed to ensure I get to enjoy this series which is something I have never done before which says a lot about this series especially considering I have 18 active Marvel subscriptions.
    LMAO! When you know you know. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

You know what I love most about this book right now? Ewing has really defined the Arakki as a group of survivors. I’ve ended up caring about the fate of this group so much and if anything Ewing has shown that they do deserve to be explored even when the X-office feels like a mutant massacre is in store. Hope this run lasts as long as humanly possible, cause it really serves every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    You know what I love most about this book right now? Ewing has really defined the Arakki as a group of survivors. I’ve ended up caring about the fate of this group so much and if anything Ewing has shown that they do deserve to be explored even when the X-office feels like a mutant massacre is in store. Hope this run lasts as long as humanly possible, cause it really serves every time.
    I definitely agree with all of this. This may not be the best selling X-Book on the stands but it damn sure deserves to be and has the quality to back that statement up.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I definitely agree with all of this. This may not be the best selling X-Book on the stands but it damn sure deserves to be and has the quality to back that statement up.
    What are the Red sales compared to X-Men and Immortal?

Amazing Member

I am in awe of this book and with Ewing's writing it's the one thing keeping me tethered to the X-Men these days.

The power and intimacy between Magneto and Storm was eye dropping. It's has been interesting watching their relationship evolve over the years.

From enemies to reluctant allies. Begrudgin teammates to co workers and now Friends to...after today a possibility something more could blossom between them.

I mean if their elemental powers can become so attuned to one another their hearts could be as well IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    What are the Red sales compared to X-Men and Immortal?
    The exact numbers are hard to gauge now but X-Men, Immortal and Wolverine outsell it. The difference between them as close as I can figure is somewhere between 5,000-10,000 copies from X-Men to Red. Again this is a guesstimate at best.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Hmm, the Neyaphem were from ancient times and lived in another dimension, right? That could be interesting.
    I hope we can all agree the Neyaphem aren't a thing so we can ignore The Draco and agree that it's just convergent evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    spoilers:
    His final thoughts are of wanting to be with Anya. The only way I can see him returning is if Wanda gives him one last gift and finds a way to bring her back
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think the Celestial will do something. Too much has happened in this event that would have massive ramifications that there needs to be something to scrub over the rough parts and get them back to normal, at least some of them. OR maybe Arakko will vote Magneto back via The Waiting Room and maybe that's the subversion? The Arakkii decide you've earned the right to come back but you can only come back once? Their culture is so rich, yet evolving, who can say what will happen?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Auch View Post
    I hope we can all agree the Neyaphem aren't a thing so we can ignore The Draco and agree that it's just convergent evolution.
    I don’t want the Neyaphem storyline to ever rear it’s ugly head ever again but I don’t see the point of so closely replicating another well known mutants power set and design and then doing nothing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Auch View Post
    I think the opposite. Someone has to fix that mess, because it is tied to the origin of one of the most beloved x-men. And honesty? If anyone can... it is Ewing.

Mighty Member

This issue is good , the story and the art are both impressive.

I thought this issue should happen after Judgement 4? But why is it that Magneto is dead again on J#4?

Astonishing Member

While I’m aware that putting a lot of the criticism about the possible colonialism of Krakoa in the mount of the ‘genetically and thus morally impure’ Brand negates said criticism; but considering Storm’s repeated outraged reactions to such criticism, the speed at which Krakoans are overtaking the Great Ring is a bit suspect

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    This issue is good , the story and the art are both impressive.

I thought this issue should happen after Judgement 4? But why is it that Magneto is dead again on J#4?
    No, actually red #6 happened first.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    I think the opposite. Someone has to fix that mess, because it is tied to the origin of one of the most beloved x-men. And honesty? If anyone can... it is Ewing.
    I've thought about this. Just have Mystique and Destiny tell Kurt that they're his parents, Mystique says of Azazal "we let him believe what he wanted to believe". Boom - done.

Astonishing Member

Tbh I've never totally gotten how much people loathe the Azazel thing....like, the Draco's a terrible story, but a lot of people act like having Azazel be Kurt's dad somehow ruins the character, because it somehow dilutes or diminishes the fact that Kurt's personality is so contrary to his demonic appearance? Idk how that works though....Azazel doesn't actually change anything about Kurt or who he is. Its not like he's ACTUALLY a demon or the devil. He's just an old mutant where unlike his son, who chose to NOT let himself be defined by what he looks like and what people assume about him because of it, Azazel took similar appearance based assumptions and was just like y'know what, I can work with this, and leaned into the reputation instead.

None of that really has anything to do with Kurt or says anything about his character though? It just means his dad is a mutant with a similar appearance to him, and a totally different outlook and approach, capitalizing on how people view him while Kurt refuses to be shaped by how people view him. Much like Kurt's mom ALSO has a similar appearance to him, and a totally different outlook and approach, convinced that human society was never going to actually accept someone who looked like her while Kurt refuses to believe that's true.

*Shrugs* Literally the only real reveal the Draco created for Kurt was that his dad is a dick with delusions of grandeur. Don't get me wrong, the Draco is just a painfully poorly written story, but it didn't actually make Kurt's parentage any more convoluted than 75% of most X-Men. He's just a second generation mutant whose parents are assholes eternally disappointed in him for not meeting their parental expectations by being evil or homicidal.

Anyway, given how much Spurrier and Ewing have clearly coordinated with a lot of their new characters and Arakkii worldbuilding, and the fact that Ewing's said Weaponless Zsen will be showing up in X-Men Red soon, I would be more surprised if Szyza doesn't show up in Legion of X at some point and be revealed as related to Kurt. Given her character design (barbed tail and all) and the fact that Ewing made a point to associate her teleportation with brimstone, an effect that so far is unique to Kurt and his various relatives. Maybe it means Azazel was able to reach Amenth on his extra-dimensional jaunts to sire potential skeleton keys to bust him out of jail, or given Azazel's age, it could be as simple as some of his descendants from BEFORE he got exiled to the Brimstone Dimension were Okkarans who ended up in Amenth/Arakko.

Astonishing Member

Gotta once again that Ewing is PUTTING IN WORK when it comes to building up Arraki culture the world building is steady but heavy as well I love the Great Ring, I love Isca, I love the Fisherking, I love Khora, and I love Kobak Never-Held lol

The reveal that Khora is the Fisherkings and that we discover she had a sister (remember we also know that one of his kids betrayed him in the prisons) who was weaponless as well as her "burning heart" being her mother's heart I took it to mean metaphorically but I wouldn't put it past Ewing if he literally meant that Khora has her mother's heart in her chest.

Just some damn good backstory on new characters.