Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default New Scarlet Witch ongoing series in January

SCARLET WITCH #1
    Written by STEVE ORLANDO
    Art by SARA PICHELLI
    Colors by MATT WILSON
    Cover by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN
    On Sale 1/4/23

The Scarlet Witch will return in January in a brand-new ongoing solo series! A groundbreaking new chapter for one of Marvel Comics’ most beloved characters, SCARLET WITCH will be written by Steve Orlando, known for his thrilling current run of Marauders and last year’s Darkhold saga, and drawn by artist Sara Pichelli, the superstar talent known for her acclaimed work on titles such as Ultimate Spider-Man. Together these two comic powerhouses will open the door to a new era of adventures, mysteries, and quests that only a hero with Wanda Maximoff’s breathtaking and unmatched mystical abilities are fit for!

Following her redemption in the pages of X-Men: Trial of Magneto, Wanda is reborn as the hero the Marvel Universe needs her to be! Making the most of her fresh start, Wanda uses her powers in a glorious new way and embraces a new calling to help those who need it the most. Experience one the most powerful magic-wielders on the planet at her very best in the series Scarlet Witch fans have been asking for!

There is a door that appears only to those who need it most, who have no one else in the world to turn to. On the other side of this door is a mysterious witchcraft shop. Friend or foe, human or otherwise–if your need is great and your hope is gone, there you will meet the SCARLET WITCH! Wanda Maximoff is familiar with hitting rock bottom–and now that she’s finally found peace, she’s pledged all her power to help others who are languishing at their lowest. But when a woman falls through Wanda’s door with a terrifying story of a town gone mad, the Scarlet Witch will have to muster her wits and chaos magic to deal with an insidious threat!

“Since I first stepped into the House of Ideas, the Scarlet Witch has been with me—in fact, she was the star of my first Marvel work ever, kicking ass, weaving spells, and humbling Doom in Darkhold! So, there was no way I could pass up the chance to work on SCARLET WITCH,” Orlando said. “Wanda Maximoff has finally broken free of the shadows she’s wrestled with for years. And now? Sara Pichelli, Russell Dauterman, and I are unveiling the next chapter of her powerful, improbable, magical life. When you have nowhere else to turn…you turn to the Scarlet Witch. And God help anyone who gets in her way.”

“You have been waiting Scarlet Witch solo return for so long!” Pichelli added. “Finally that time has come and I’m truly honored my art was chosen to make this happen. Can’t wait for you to see the book.”

Check out the first spellbinding cover by Russell Dauterman, who also designed Wanda’s new costume, and be there when Scarlet Witch embarks on her greatest journey yet this January! For more information, visit Marvel.com.

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/09/14/sc...-january-2023/
    Be kind, it's FREE

I was wondering when they'd finally reveal this. They teased this in December of last year, and it would have been teased even earlier if not for the delays.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

It is always great to have one of our favorites in a new ongoing series!

Congrats Wanda!

I hope they do Wanda justice with the stories and artwork.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Is this part of the X line?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Congrats to Wanda!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Keep the avengers away from her. Shes to good for them

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Keep the avengers away from her. Shes to good for them
    I now wonder if Duggan saying on twitter that he's seen some "interesting scripts and art" regarding a question about Polaris, means she'll be showing up here. Lorna being by her side when she announced the X-Men vote at the Gala could have been some nice foreshadowing.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Very happy for Wanda and her fans that she will be getting the spotlight that she deserves.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    No, this thread belongs with the Avengers crowd. She's never even been an X-Man, or on any other X-team.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

So it took them 2-3 years to get this going. Maybe it'll have a better shot than last time now that she's not quite as isolated from her X-Men and Magnus family history, and she's had recent MCU promotion. I've always figured the lack of acknowledgment for X-Men and Magnus family history was what killed her previous run.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Wanda....X line...ahahaha

Oh wait your serious

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yessssssssssss this is the best news I've heard all day! Wanda deserves.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Yeah that's what I was wondering about in the House of M thread. I'd love to know if this is coming out of Jordan White's office or Tom Brevoort's.

I mean she's getting a great artist and although I'm not super into Marauders. Orlando did write her really good in Darkhold compared to how she was written in Trial of Magneto. IMO.

And Dauterman as a cover artist.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Okies. I have my reservations about the art...Pichelli is a bit hit or miss with me...but I'm interested to see where Orlando takes Wanda.
    She may not be an X-character but as of very recently she's been inextricably tied to the X-mythos so I hope this brings her over completely into the X-Fold.

I'm in.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!