Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    For what it's worth, I enjoyed the arc where Mary Marvel guest-starred & became buddies with Supergirl

The funny thing is when they first met they really didn't get along, although that was technically a different version in the same series...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The funny thing is when they first met they really didn't get along, although that was technically a different version in the same series...
    LOL! Glad they worked things out...

Extraordinary Member

I always wanted to see Supergirl and Power Girl in a story together.

The first time I ever 'met' Power Girl was in one of the JLA/JSA annual cross-overs (JLofA #147-148 w/ the Legion of Super Heroes). Power Girl clearly has a thing for Earth 1's Superman and is relentlessly flirting with him. He makes the comment that she is nothing like his cousin Supergirl. Power Girl responds with 'well, that's HER problem'. Loved it.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I remember New 52 Power Girl and Supergirl teamed-up (when Power Girl had World's Finest) and Supergirl's Fortress made a replica of the Supergirl suit for Power Girl to wear or something like that.
    "Cable was right!"

Since we now have Kara back (essentially), I'd love to see this story now. The first arc: "The Search For The Forgotten Supergirl." Kara and Karen are having dreams of someone they remember but who doesn't exist: Linda Danvers. They discover they're having the same dreams when they also realize they're both in these dreams as well, including a mysterious woman who also seems familiar.

They're in the midst of the search when they're met by the mysterious woman: Super-Lass, a.k.a. Cir-El, a distant descendant of Clark and Lois who's a member of the Legion of Superheroes. The three find and rescue Linda from a Multiversal limbo (Source Wall, maybe?) and bring her back to Earth-0. Linda is altered to fit the current iteration of DC continuity and the three become a team. Kara "graduates" to the name Superwoman and Linda reclaims the Supergirl name as she hasn't aged much since her disappearance. Cir-El occasionally joins their adventures when not needed in the future.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by All Star Superman View Post
    Since we now have Kara back (essentially), I'd love to see this story now. The first arc: "The Search For The Forgotten Supergirl." Kara and Karen are having dreams of someone they remember but who doesn't exist: Linda Danvers. They discover they're having the same dreams when they also realize they're both in these dreams as well, including a mysterious woman who also seems familiar.

They're in the midst of the search when they're met by the mysterious woman: Super-Lass, a.k.a. Cir-El, a distant descendant of Clark and Lois who's a member of the Legion of Superheroes. The three find and rescue Linda from a Multiversal limbo (Source Wall, maybe?) and bring her back to Earth-0. Linda is altered to fit the current iteration of DC continuity and the three become a team. Kara "graduates" to the name Superwoman and Linda reclaims the Supergirl name as she hasn't aged much since her disappearance. Cir-El occasionally joins their adventures when not needed in the future.
    That is AMAZING. That is exactly what I'd like to see. Peter David, please come back to DC Comics and write this.

Technically, Linda Danvers hasn't been written out of continuity. She was last seen in Reign in Hell (2008), where she had reverted to her Earthborn Angel powers and found out to her horror that she was now a fallen angel/demon. As far as I know, she hasn't been seen since, and is currently trapped in Hell. Nothing has been explained in terms of how she came to be a demon.

It's also worth noting that in the fight between Linda and Carnivore (her last battle as the Earth-Born Angel), she was aided by an angelic figure that only identified herself as “Kara”.

Cir-El, by contrast, was revealed to not be Clark's future daughter, but a human whose DNA was altered to appear Kryptonian. She died in battle against Brainiac 13; and it's implied that she was erased from existence when Superman defeated the Futuresmiths in Superman #200.

Finally, remember that Matrix ultimately ended up merging with Twilight, who became the new Angel of Fire in the process.

If you want a follow-up to Peter David's Supergirl run, I'd be more inclined to start with an explanation as to how and why Linda turned into a fire-demon, and getting her out of Hell and back on the side of the angels. Matrix/Twilight could prove to be an integral part of that; as could the angelic Kara who had helped her once before. In fact, I'd reveal what was implied, that the angelic Kara was in fact the spirit of the Kara who died in the Crisis; and I'd end up having her merge with the modern Supergirl (who isn't the Supergirl who died in the Crisis).

If you're interested in bringing alternate timelines into the picture, I could see bringing Cir-El back; but I'd tie that to a quest for Linda to find her daughter, Ariella (Supergirl 1M).
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Extraordinary Member

I'd like to see something like Batman Eternal done for Superman where Linda comes back like how Stephanie Brown was brought back in Batman Eternal, but with her history kept intact this time.

Linda retired because she'd reached her breaking point. She'd been through too much trauma to keep going, and losing her daughter was the final straw. I've long had the idea that she's attempting to live a normal life, but will still use her powers in secret to help people, using her super-speed and telekenisis so no one knows a superhero was involved like how Clark operated for years before becoming Superman Post-Crisis. It would take a special kind of threat to get her out of hiding and back into action for real. I wrote a fic in the Superman board of how I'd like to see her return. https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-Danvers/page2

Is it so hard to have Linda,Kara,Karen,and cir all in the same universe,doing their own thing ?if you have ever read these characters you know they are very diffentt from each other ,they all have different origins personalities,looks,and powers(yes even powers to some extent ).

Who would be older now anyway ,cir was still a teen ,Linda was in college,Kara can't tell half the time ,and Karen is older than all of them
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Is it so hard to have Linda,Kara,Karen,and cir all in the same universe,doing their own thing ?
    As a matter of fact, yes. Not impossible, like you; but difficult. The main thing that makes it difficult is the mainstream reality. If you place it in an alternate reality, you get to do whatever you want.

In particular: the current status of Linda is that she's either a demon in Hell or she's been erased from existence after becoming a demon in Hell; Cir-El is dead and probably erased from existence, too. Kara depends on which one you mean: there's a pre-Crisis Kara who died in the Crisis and was probably erased from reality (detecting a theme here?), And there's the post-Crisis Kara who only very recently arrived on Earth.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 09-20-2022 at 05:44 PM.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

I loved it as a kid, I got as far as the mexican edition by VID went, near issue #35. I guess it didn't sell well in Mexico and South America
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Is it so hard to have Linda,Kara,Karen,and cir all in the same universe,doing their own thing ?if you have ever read these characters you know they are very diffentt from each other ,they all have different origins personalities,looks,and powers(yes even powers to some extent ).

Who would be older now anyway ,cir was still a teen ,Linda was in college,Kara can't tell half the time ,and Karen is older than all of them
    In theory it shouldn't be hard at all. In practice Kara's existence makes it very difficult to introduce other family members who aren't Lois. Matrix/Linda had a specific dynamic with Clark because Matrix was also raised by the Kents, making her and Linda Clark's step-sister. She was the person who did the most to help Clark protect his secret identity and the one Lois would call for help to bring the rest of 'Team Superman' together. If they bring her back with much of her history intact, specifically the part about having been raised for a time by the Kents, then that sibling relationship will already exist regardless of Kara. If they treat her like she's being introduced for the first time, then it will be impossible to recreate her relationship with Clark, because he already has a blood relative in Kara and has no need for an adopted family now that Kara exists. You also can't have her raised by the Kents if the Kents are dead currently. This is why characters like Kara and Damian Wayne should only b introduced when you specifically don't want to grow their respective families anymore. What is the point of a new sidekick-surrogate child for Batman when Robin is now his biological son? That plays a big part in why sidekicks introduced before Damian have stood the test of time while sidekicks introduced after Damian like Bluebird and Signal fail to catch on.

Going back to PAD's idea of a supergirls team could get around this by tying Linda to Kara instead of to Clark. I think this is something Kara needs because she's been directionless ever since they brought her back 18 years ago and bringing in Linda and the stories she brings with her would give Kara's book a reason to exist beyond the simple an obligation to publish something with the classic Supergirl in it.

There is no point whatsoever to bringing up Reign in Hell in any conversation about bringing Linda back. Even if Flashpoint never happened, the best way to deal with Reign in Hell would have been to act like it never happened or to say that it was Twilight and not Linda. The story was bad and made absolutely no sense and continuity and character would be better served by ignoring its existence.

So what was the power Linda used at the end of her series against the bad guy?

And if Linda and cir are both wiped out of contuity,then treat them like DC treats anything they want back in the DCU,bring them back and give the fans a half ass explanation.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

You know, Matrix Supergirl never returned. Once she merged with Danvers and became the earth angel she lost a number of her powers. I thought that once the earth angel arc was complete maybe those powers might return. However in the last days of the book the only one that did seemed to have been her psychokinetic blasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    You know, Matrix Supergirl never returned. Once she merged with Danvers and became the earth angel she lost a number of her powers. I thought that once the earth angel arc was complete maybe those powers might return. However in the last days of the book the only one that did seemed to have been her psychokinetic blasts.

She used a strange power against the villain holding Kara ,that was her psi blasts,just wondering what that was?