Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Just to clarify, not a 'phobe, though you're free to believe otherwise, I know I'm not, but I'm just stating not everything needs 'representation' to be a good time.

That's all I'm saying further on the matter. Jon being pan isn't my thing, and I feel it has hurt his character in the comics

Honestly I think Jon's sexuality is the least of concerns when it comes to his portrayal on the show given their shoddily handling of him in general.

Lois is in the same boat.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    What I mean by "representation isn't always necccersary" is that you presently find it everywhere anyway, why follow the herd when you can break away from it?

Sarah's arc was handled very well last season, so who knows? Maybe they could pull it off with Jon, but there's nothing 'stunning or brave' about Jon digging on dudes. It's not new, it's boring, it makes the show a part of the everyday scenery.

And you want the truth about that 28 or so %? I've seen some cases of young people 'outing' themselves admit they're only doing doing so to fit in. Young people don't know what they want, because they're young.
    Given the overwhelming majority of fiction is about straight people, including another bisexual character isn't about being stunning or new, it's just about more accurately reflecting the world we live in.

It's an opportunity to do something potentially interesting with Jon, no more no less. It's not a guarantee of success but I think it's worth exploring.

I don't mind elseworld or Multiverse versions of the same character,but a character should be easily recognized as the same character regardless where you see said character imo.jon is bi in comics,but straight on the show ,Conner is straight EVERYWHERE,,both should have all their incarnations in sync with each other
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Video of Tyler filming in Vancouver

Always a danger in reading too much into actors (after all they’re paid to play pretend), but Hoechlin really exudes Superman in all the BTS stuff I’ve seen.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Swiss army nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Just to clarify, not a 'phobe, though you're free to believe otherwise, I know I'm not, but I'm just stating not everything needs 'representation' to be a good time.

That's all I'm saying further on the matter. Jon being pan isn't my thing, and I feel it has hurt his character in the comics
    A very easy thing to say when you're represented en masse in just about every piece of media.

As for Jon being pan having hurt his character in the comics, I don't think the sales figures bear that out and I've certainly not found myself liking him less since he came out. If there are people out there who have, I'd suggest it's less to do with any particular shift in how he's written and more to do with their discomfort with a pansexual character with a boyfriend in their comics.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Always a danger in reading too much into actors (after all they’re paid to play pretend), but Hoechlin really exudes Superman in all the BTS stuff I’ve seen.
    He seems like a real Mensch.

And dear lord does that costume look equal parts better and worse than the previous one

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Love this video, watched it so many times. Can't help but smile while watching this thing.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    He seems like a real Mensch.

And dear lord does that costume look equal parts better and worse than the previous one
    Tyler has an incredible off-screen charisma and presence. He is able to bring that presence to his Superman portrayal - he exudes Superman in his performance and ranks up there with Reeve and Christopher as the best Superman actors. Cavill too has a great off-screen presence but is unable to bring that to his Superman portrayal.

Unlike Reeve and Christopehr, Tyler is not drop-dead handsome. When I first saw a photo of him as Superman, I felt he looked "off" in the role. My impression quickly changed when I actually saw him perform. Looks are important but without an on-camera Superman presence - the ability to "become" Superman - looks are not enough.

That video is fantastic. The suit looks great (but for the clunky belt). It looks like it is made of lycra though I don't think it is.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 09-21-2022 at 08:11 AM.

The only bad thing I can say about Hoechlin is he's not as good a Sephiroth as George Newbern was.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The only bad thing I can say about Hoechlin is he's not as good a Sephiroth as George Newbern was.
    Newbern had a lot of practice voice acting a smug asshole though
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

That's fair .

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Oof. Tough, but fair.

I hope Square Enix continues to trend of hiring Supermen to play Sephiroth forever. It's too funny.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Looks like Clark and Lois will be back in Metropolis at the start of S3 to investigate Intergang I’d wager.

Looks like Clark and Lois will be back in Metropolis at the start of S3 to investigate Intergang I’d wager.
    About time I'd say!

I wonder if that means less Lana.