Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    There's something about figuring out how to take down the character fundamentally about female empowerment and not about super hero punching that chafes. I'm sure it wasn't intended this way, but pointing out she has no combat training and then trying to come up with ways your OC can humiliate her in a fight feels like what the Wrecking Crew tried to do in the show.

I know this forum is about who can win in a fight and all, but it still chafes.
    Well, sure, I get it. I'm all for female empowerment.

(My D&D character was actually a female which was probably why my idle musing pitted them against one another, while I was watching the show, wondering who would win, but that's neither here nor there.)
    Last edited by Zagreus; 09-17-2022 at 08:11 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Checked out the clip and... yeah. It's a sad take.

Like, the Wrecking Crew are not deep or nuanced characters. They don't even have interesting powers. They're just thugs with vague levels of super-strength. But there's a charming simplicity or purity to them. They are super thugs who have stuck around long enough to be familiar and usually serve their narrative role just fine (though I call BS on the Runaways being able to beat them). And that's technically what's going on in the clip, but there's a modern crudeness and sensibility that lacks any of their usual simplistic charm.

They don't even have silly super villain outfits.
    I think--- hope--- that by the end of the season they will be beefed up. That seems to have been the intent. (They were trying to steal blood from Jen in their initial episode. So I think they will eventually get it and someone... probably the Leader will reverse engineer it to give them super-strength and musculature and they will be the big lugheads that we are used to seeing in the comics).

Spectacular Member

D&D characters are kinda hard to compare, because you need to figure out how to compare numbers to feats. You can probably do some calculations with things like carrying capacity, damage vs objects for some comparisons, but hit points for example are a nightmare, since I've never seen anyone able to come to consensus on the exact nature of what they represent. Saving throw bonuses, level and similar game mechanics for non-D&D characters would also be difficult to pin down. So, I think it's hard to say, honestly.

A D&D wizard probably has a shot given the amount of weird options they have access to, but with saving throws being a thing it's hard to say the exact odds.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    I was watching She-Hulk the other day (don't ask me why) and I was thinking... MCU Jennifer Walters is an attorney with no combat experience. Sure, she's tough, with Hulk (or near-Hulk equivalent) strength and invulnerability, but I was pretty sure my 4th level AD&D Dark Sun Half-Giant Psionicist could take her in an arena combat.

So, my challenge to you guys, what is the lowest level D&D character that you think can defeat She-Hulk?

I think my 4th level Dark Sun Half-Giant might be able to pull it off.

Jen starts off as She-Hulk. Standard equipment for Jen (which is just normal athletic wear that fits her).

Your gameable (i.e. no extreme cheese) PC must be able defeat She-Hulk in a standard arena match. Describe the level, tactics, and whatever else so we understand the character and how they win against She-Hulk. Use whatever version of D&D (or Pathfinder, which is pretty much D&D) you like. Grant the PC equipment as appropriate for a character's of that level (the PC I had in mind had no magical or psionic equipment, though).

Have fun!
    Define extreme cheese.

Obviously, things like Pun-Pun and other means of getting arbitrarily high stats and as many abilities as desired (at level 1) qualify, but would giving She-Hulk an astral vacation (sending her to the Astral Sea via Bag of Holding trick) count?

Because that's a strategy possible with just two levels of artificer.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Define extreme cheese.

Obviously, things like Pun-Pun and other means of getting arbitrarily high stats and as many abilities as desired (at level 1) qualify, but would giving She-Hulk an astral vacation (sending her to the Astral Sea via Bag of Holding trick) count?

Because that's a strategy possible with just two levels of artificer.
    Pun-Pun is definitely "extreme cheese"

Let's definite extreme cheese as: A gameable character that you would reasonably be able to play at "random Joe average DM's table"

Most DM's would would not allow Pun-Pun in their game (I sure as hell wouldn't).

I guess you could try the Bag of Holding trick, which is a viable strategy if you can get yourself back (otherwise you've both lost). If you're using this as attack, Jen would probably have a chance to avoid getting sucked into the dimensional rift created. The PC in question would have to be a high enough level to viably possess both a Bag of Holding and a Portable Hole, which is possible.
    Last edited by Zagreus; 09-17-2022 at 10:13 AM.