Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Lowest level D&D character to defeat MCU She-Hulk?

I was watching She-Hulk the other day (don't ask me why) and I was thinking... MCU Jennifer Walters is an attorney with no combat experience. Sure, she's tough, with Hulk (or near-Hulk equivalent) strength and invulnerability, but I was pretty sure my 4th level AD&D Dark Sun Half-Giant Psionicist could take her in an arena combat.

So, my challenge to you guys, what is the lowest level D&D character that you think can defeat She-Hulk?

I think my 4th level Dark Sun Half-Giant might be able to pull it off.

Jen starts off as She-Hulk. Standard equipment for Jen (which is just normal athletic wear that fits her).

Your gameable (i.e. no extreme cheese) PC must be able defeat She-Hulk in a standard arena match. Describe the level, tactics, and whatever else so we understand the character and how they win against She-Hulk. Use whatever version of D&D (or Pathfinder, which is pretty much D&D) you like. Grant the PC equipment as appropriate for a character's of that level (the PC I had in mind had no magical or psionic equipment, though).

Have fun!

Spectacular Member

Actually revisiting this, my psionicist would definitely get crushed by Jen as the rounds in AD&D are 1 minute and she wouldn't get any powers off before Jen smashes the half-giant to oblivion.

Well, my post still stands! Lol!

15th level Monk using the Quivering Palm

My first level wizard casts Sleep for the 10-count win.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    My first level wizard casts Sleep for the 10-count win.
    I don't know about that. I feel like she has more than 5d8 worth of health.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I don't know about that. I feel like she has more than 5d8 worth of health.
    Fine. My first level bard casts Charm Person on her for the win.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    Actually revisiting this, my psionicist would definitely get crushed by Jen as the rounds in AD&D are 1 minute and she wouldn't get any powers off before Jen smashes the half-giant to oblivion.

Well, my post still stands! Lol!
    Game system rules that don't make sense generally don't impact Rumbles very much. The 1 minute D&D rounds? One of those system rules.

This wasn't his goto? Your Bard fails. ^_^

Edit: Oh, I see - the first one was your wizard, my apologies.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Still not a 100% gurantee win though. You have to beat her initiative, she has to fail her Wisdom saving throw and then not one-shot your 8 + 2 amount of HP.

Could be done, but it's not an absolute certainty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Still not a 100% gurantee win though. You have to beat her initiative, she has to fail her Wisdom saving throw and then not one-shot your 8 + 2 amount of HP.

Could be done, but it's not an absolute certainty.
    She dated Richard Rory and a guy who called himself Zapper, so I feel like my bard has a chance.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Which edition? Most versions of charm I can recall don't do any kind of outright control or anything that would stop a fight. Maybe 2e? I think it was stronger then, but then it's 1 minute rounds.

It usually just makes them think you're their friend, but that doesn't really come with any stipulations, and it certainly won't make them surrender or even necessarily stop fighting.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

I thought Charm Person had a hefty penalty to its save DC if it was cast on a hostile target.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

This thread rubs me the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    I thought Charm Person had a hefty penalty to its save DC if it was cast on a hostile target.
    Usually it is based on whether the caster (or their allies) are attacking the target, not the target's initial hostility. That said an arena match would probably constitute a fight, and even if it made Jen not kill you she could still pin you for the win in a friendly competition.

The other problem is it works only on humanoids, and things like giants and hags don't qualify as humanoid so Jen probably won't either. She also probably has a decent will save and you'd only get one shot at best before she closed or started clapping.
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 09-16-2022 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    This thread rubs me the wrong way.
    Okay, you can’t just leave that hanging. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Game system rules that don't make sense generally don't impact Rumbles very much. The 1 minute D&D rounds? One of those system rules.
    Okay then, well if we disregard the 1 minute AD&D rounds (which makes sense) when I was imagining my Female Half-Giant Psionicist fighting She-Hulk, she had already been buffed herself with powers.

After posting, I realized "There's no way she'll get her buffs up before Jen pounds the hell out of her".

Even disregarding the 1 minute AD&D round (which I grant is cumbersome) there must be some time to activate a power, cast a spell, etc--- while Jen can probably swing a fist in a fraction of that time.

Judging by the ads, thunderclaps right off the bell will certainly have some effect.
    Why are we here?