Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by EldonMaguan View Post
    But How does it fit with the Established Continuity?!
    It's because both of them are from the LBGT community. The pink color is the color of LBGT if I am not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Not elegantly, but nothing directly contradicts it, far as I can tell.
    What makes it not elegant? Both characters were absent from titles for about the same amount of time in the time period before Karma died her hair, and they had previously met each other during Child's Play.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

The art made my tummy become victim of a drama queen moment of Rictor. My goodness such art should be ignored as the X-office does to Indra and never been published, like the latest New Warriors series.

Summarized: art is bad, a anniversary issue should have a good story and amazing art. This will be the worst issue of this volume.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    What makes it not elegant? Both characters were absent from titles for about the same amount of time in the time period before Karma died her hair, and they had previously met each other during Child's Play.
    Well, just because Shatterstar had left the team to follow Rictor back to Mexico, I thought? I suppose we never actually saw anything of that before Mojo and Arcade grabbed him.

I'm on board for it either way, to be clear!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    A very important issue but I won't be surprised if they screw it up with senseless parties and nothing significant happens.

There are two writers and four artists in this issue. It's like spaghetti, bread, cheese all rolled into one.
    Yeah. There's something really significant about pointless fights isn't there?

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Love it but they called him Beto again.
    It makes sense for them to call him Beto.
    When did they call him "Beto" before?

Shatterstar being the one who gave Karma the iconic pink buzzed hair is great.
    The insecurity with which they are portraying the moment kind of takes away the power of Xian's agency in making the change. Hesitation is a natural response, and its hard to tell from the brief glimpse seen, but it almost characterizes the choice as Shatterstar's idea rather than Karma's.
    But as I said, perhaps it the beginning of her journey that we are seeing and the tables turn by the climax of this chapter that is revealed...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 09-17-2022 at 03:57 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Still can't believe that the NM milestone issue doesn't get any of the historical writers.
    And that one story is wasted on Deadpool, just because he first appeared in NM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Summarized: art is bad, a anniversary issue should have a good story and amazing art. This will be the worst issue of this volume.
    ALL of these things.
    The preview doesn't inspire lots of hope for a landmark issue. Couldn't they have at least trotted out another round of "Graduation Costumes" again?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm happy we're getting some individual character spotlights by Ayala but I agree that some historical NM creative teams would have been nice on this anniversary issue.

I also wonder if this is Vita's swansong on the book. We're getting a guest-writer after this issue and I see Vita's name on a number of DC books these days, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is their last issue. As a fan of their writing, I hope to see some more X-projects from them in the future, and also hope a New Mutants relaunch is in the cards in 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I'm happy we're getting some individual character spotlights by Ayala but I agree that some historical NM creative teams would have been nice on this anniversary issue.

I also wonder if this is Vita's swansong on the book. We're getting a guest-writer after this issue and I see Vita's name on a number of DC books these days, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is their last issue. As a fan of their writing, I hope to see some more X-projects from them in the future, and also hope a New Mutants relaunch is in the cards in 2023.
    Seems like we’ll find out a month from now with the solicits NM #34!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Seems like we’ll find out a month from now with the solicits NM #34!
    Yeah, next month's solicits will likely bring details on Sins of Sinister, too... I'm expecting lots of new books and relaunches for the X-Men 60th birthday, and then the year will conclude with X-Men 97. Fingers crossed for a fabulous birthday for the muties!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    When did they call him "Beto" before?
    I can't answer that, but a Brazilian being called "Berto" is just weird. A common nick name for Roberto or Alberto would be Beto, so it just makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I can't answer that, but a Brazilian being called "Berto" is just weird. A common nick name for Roberto or Alberto would be Beto, so it just makes more sense.
    Ah, retcon nickname then.
    I've read most of his appearances since his creation and, weird/culturally inaccurate though it may be, he's been called "'Berto" in all I recall.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I look at it as ..."Berto" being the Americanised version of Roberto as would be common living in America and among Americans like Sam his best friend, and Dani, Kitty etc. at the time. Even Rob or Bert would still be appropriate English shortened versions.

If he was among other Brazilians way back then, he would have been appropriately called "Beto".
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Ah, retcon nickname then.
    I've read most of his appearances since his creation and, weird/culturally inaccurate though it may be, he's been called "'Berto" in all I recall.
    It's all shown as him being called Beto in the modern day sequence, so perhaps the no-prize explanation is, as an adult he felt more comfortable saying "actually refer to be by this nickname which I identify with more" to his friends.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post

The signs are there that her real swan song was issue #28.

Then there are THREE fill-in writers,
    1. Danny Lore - New Mutants #29
    2. Alyssa Wong - New Mutants #30
    3. Charlie Jane Anders - New Mutants #31 to #33

I won't be surprised if Alyssa Wong wrote most of this issue instead of Ayala.

I mean three fill-in writers is a sign that a new writer is coming in on Jan 2023.

Hopefully we can get a new writer that has the caliber of Zeb Wells or Chris Claremont.
    Last edited by ericng; 09-18-2022 at 06:46 AM.