Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default If Sunspot is on the Night Table, then he is NOT Omega-level potential after all

So much for all of his 90’s Character Growth and Development (Fabian Nicieza, Jeph Loeb, John Francis Moore) tsk tsk tsk

Being Omega is not inherently conducive to character growth and development. If anything, it's the opposite.

Or maybe he BECOMES an Omega later on, and leaves his position on the Night Table for something greater? Or the Fisher King sees his growth and gets him to leave the Council because he no longer fits the criteria?
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Sunspot is an interesting and dynamic character, which has nothing to do with his powers.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member

You have it backwards. No Omega has sat on the night table. We can infer that it is to balance the all omegas on the other tables, but we can't say WHY. We don't know of any rules that says they can't be omega on the night table. There was also talk about "breaking the old rules", so they can do whatever they want.

The night table is made of mutants who are not omega, mutants aren't omega because they are on the night table.

Honestly it doesn't matter if he is an Omega or not to me. I actually prefer that he doesn't become an Omega as I want him to rely on his planning and smarts to save the day as opposed to being able to blink everything out of existence or whatever.

Astonishing Member

Omegas are the bane of the X-books. I’m not kidding. I wish the entire distinction was tossed out a window from Taipei 101 into the Grand Canyon. This is Dragon Ball Power Levels in all its worse forms.

Incredible Member

Just because you aren’t Omega doesn’t mean your not powerful or can’t be. Apocalypse is not classified as an Omega and he would trounce a lot of Omega mutants and has in the past. We still aren’t sure if Sunspots planning steps ahead is just natural ability or a secondary mutation of some sort. God bless Al Ewing for what he is doing for one of my favorite characters that has been so under utilized and has so much potential.

He’s an Omega smart-ass, not at super punching.

Isn't that a bit early to spoil major plot points in thread titles?
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Sunspot is also the only Arraki council member that we know of to be resurrected. He stays breaking the rules and keeps showing how to win while losing.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Being Omega is not inherently conducive to character growth and development. If anything, it's the opposite.
    How so ? After all , it worked for the Opposite Robert (you-know-who), when he became Omega LOL

Quote Originally Posted by EldonMaguan View Post
    How so ? After all , it worked for the Opposite Robert (you-know-who), when he became Omega LOL
    Iceman was Omega level for a long time before he got growth and development.

What really helped Bobby Drake was coming out as gay.

I really don't get the obsession in general X-fans have with feats and power levels and **** like that. I don't give a **** how powerful my favorite characters are, I care if they get deep character exploration. Power can play a role in that (The Dark Phoenix Saga, for example) but that's power for character exploration's sake, not power for feats' sake.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I really don't get the obsession in general X-fans have with feats and power levels and **** like that. I don't give a **** how powerful my favorite characters are, I care if they get deep character exploration. Power can play a role in that (The Dark Phoenix Saga, for example) but that's power for character exploration's sake, not power for feats' sake.
    In a phrase: “My favorite character can beat your favorite character the *^%} up”