Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

New ongoing Scarlet Witch comic series.

Me: That sounds interesting

Written by Steve Orlando with art by Sara Pichellie

Me: Nope
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm in. I love the Magical/Mystical side of Marvel and I like SW.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They did something similar with her last solo.
    I didn't think so. The premise of Robinson's run was that witchcraft is broken and Wanda was going to go around the world to try and find the problem / solution to fix it. This one is, Wanda is opening her Sanctum Sanctorum, errr Witchcraft Shop, so she can help people who have magical problems. Maybe there's more to it than that, but that's all we've been given so far.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Orlando gave a good opening page on what they are hoping to do with the Solo premise, but indeed when we start to dive into any book that has a magical center allot of times it feels like this is Strange territory.

I Trust however Orlando has the skills to a degree know this & know of ways to make it unique in a way not just in the Magical Realm Senses, but also Just for Wanda as a character herself & how uniquely she will be handling in this book unlike any other character unique to herself.

Also, a Hope is this book will be a volley to other adventurers & journeys not just Magical, but Avengers, X-Men & other stories that Wanda can adventure into those other worlds & characters to make the book unique & help grow Wanda & her place in the 616 Marvel Universe.
    Yes, that's the sort of thing that makes Wanda unique, IMO. That's she's not just a magic character, but also a superhero character with lots of connections.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I would love to see Clea appear in a few stories.

Also would LOVE for Scarlet Witch to fight the Enchantress! Amora would sure be surprised what Wanda can do these days, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I like Wanda and I'm very glad she's getting her own ongoing, but it sounds more like a Dr Strange premise.
    Stephen's currently out of commission - his book currently stars his wife Clea instead.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Stephen's currently out of commission - his book currently stars his wife Clea instead.
    He’s kinda/sorta back, as the Harvestman, the sorcerer supreme of the Death dimension.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Marvel is killing it for me, with all of these magic focused books right now. The best sort of representation we’ve seen in years.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Incredible Member

I'll give the first issue a shot. I had enjoyed the Robinson series.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Weirdly enough it's only been like 4!
    Yeah, you'd think they would reach 300,000 posts! They are the biggest thread after Black Panther!

I'm definitely in. I enjoyed darkhold and also talked my fair share of crap about how marvel were failing wanda so definitely going to give it a go.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yeah, you'd think they would reach 300,000 posts! They are the biggest thread after Black Panther!
    LOL, Don’t worry we are getting there & we just celebrated today our 400th page milestone & what a week to Do it in!

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post6196620

Also the hits keep on Coming to talk about, Agatha in Midnight Son & now THIS 1st look at Wanda in the Comic Preview image by Sara Pichelli colored by Matt Wilson thanks to Tranquil!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

LOL, Don’t worry we are getting there & we just celebrated today our 400th page milestone & what a week to Do it in!

Also the hits keep on Coming to talk about, Agatha in Midnight Son & now THIS 1st look at Wanda in the Comic Preview image by Sara Pichelli colored by Matt Wilson thanks to Tranquil!

Good god, this is gorgeous.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

I tend to get burned when I pick up a series by Orlando or Pichelli but I adore Wanda and my wife has become obsessed with her so I am guaranteed to get this series.

This looks great!

Though is that a mole under her right eye?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I didn't think so. The premise of Robinson's run was that witchcraft is broken and Wanda was going to go around the world to try and find the problem / solution to fix it. This one is, Wanda is opening her Sanctum Sanctorum, errr Witchcraft Shop, so she can help people who have magical problems. Maybe there's more to it than that, but that's all we've been given so far.

Yes, that's the sort of thing that makes Wanda unique, IMO. That's she's not just a magic character, but also a superhero character with lots of connections.
    You know that better than me. Does Strange care about lowly people who have nothing to give? He personally always struck me as someone who is more concerned with the bigger picture and not with the problems of the common people.
    From the description alone Wanda is the exact opposite. She deeply cares about people who have nothing left. The rich and influential on the other hand won't be getting help from her. They already have enough places to get help from though I guess some will try to convince her anyway.
    Also doesn't say that Wanda concerns herself only with magical problems though I guess most mundane problems are well mundane to someone like her.
    "This is me being reasonable"