Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Well, of course I’m in!
    Like what Orlando did with Wanda in Darkhold, so we’re good there.
    Love the new costume...glad they kept it!
    Like the premise...will be interesting to see where they go with it.
    Hope Pietro is a semi-regular...I miss them together!
    And, yes, I would like to see a showdown with Amora....I’ve wanted that ever since Avengers Annual #1! The groundwork was potentially laid in the most recent arc of Captain Marvel....hope they follow thru!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    Well, of course I’m in!
    And, yes, I would like to see a showdown with Amora....I’ve wanted that ever since Avengers Annual #1! The groundwork was potentially laid in the most recent arc of Captain Marvel....hope they follow thru!
    I thought I was the only one, from the lack of comments, but glad you feel the same way! Amora was definitely Wanda's foe in those early Avengers issues and I would love to see their rivalry continue.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    You know that better than me. Does Strange care about lowly people who have nothing to give? He personally always struck me as someone who is more concerned with the bigger picture and not with the problems of the common people.
    From the description alone Wanda is the exact opposite. She deeply cares about people who have nothing left. The rich and influential on the other hand won't be getting help from her. They already have enough places to get help from though I guess some will try to convince her anyway.
    Also doesn't say that Wanda concerns herself only with magical problems though I guess most mundane problems are well mundane to someone like her.
    It seems like Amora is busy menacing Captain Marvel..though you never know!

Spectacular Member

Meanwhile in Quicksilver land…

I enjoyed the last one so I'm curious how this one stacks up.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dcnewb View Post
    Meanwhile in Quicksilver land…
    I'm hoping against hope that because it took almost two full years for Wanda to get any benefit in comics from "WandaVision," Vision and Pietro (who wasn't technically in the show but was still a very important presence) will get their due too eventually. It's one MCU project where synergy took a long time to take effect.

If not, I hope we see her brother in this series and that Orlando doesn't make James Robinson's initial mistake of writing him as a jerk to make his sister look better; it hurts both of them.

You know that better than me. Does Strange care about lowly people who have nothing to give? He personally always struck me as someone who is more concerned with the bigger picture and not with the problems of the common people.
    He used to (his first appearance was something like that, for example) but there's been a run of "Strange must regain/fix his magic & defeat a cosmic enemy" stories over the last 7 years or so, so he hasn't had much opportunity. That being said, he still consults on occasion, like in this scene from the first issue of the Aaron run, before the whole Empirikul thing happened:

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    Well, of course I’m in!
    Glad to see you back and onboard SilverScarlet, I agree whole in allot of what you said & especially I am happy we have a writer the seems to greatly get her & her lore. Also, that costume is so good, yet continues to grow on me with how great it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I thought I was the only one, from the lack of comments, but glad you feel the same way! Amora was definitely Wanda's foe in those early Avengers issues and I would love to see their rivalry continue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There is enough Amora to go Around for many Super-Heroines, I am just glad Amora is finally getting used much more, she deserves it as well!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    New ongoing Scarlet Witch comic series.

Me: That sounds interesting

Written by Steve Orlando with art by Sara Pichellie

Me: Nope
    That’s a take… I guess
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I'm hoping against hope that because it took almost two full years for Wanda to get any benefit in comics from "WandaVision," Vision and Pietro (who wasn't technically in the show but was still a very important presence) will get their due too eventually. It's one MCU project where synergy took a long time to take effect.

If not, I hope we see her brother in this series and that Orlando doesn't make James Robinson's initial mistake of writing him as a jerk to make his sister look better; it hurts both of them.
    Yeah, I have to assume Orlando will address or include Pietro at some point.

I'm curious if Vision or the kids will show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Amora could still be used in Wanda's book for an issue or two here and there.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I mean it was a single issues and it was civil war tie-in that was very likely mandated. It's not like he completely trashed their relationship either.
    "This is me being reasonable"

what city is she based in?

i hope they put her in another city besides New York City.

Extraordinary Member

I mean it was a single issues and it was civil war tie-in that was very likely mandated. It's not like he completely trashed their relationship either.
    I didn't have a problem with the premise of the issue, and it was actually the best part of the issue that Wanda called out the crossover as idiotic and refused to get involved.

But Pietro was not only written as a total jerk (when in Uncanny Avengers at the time he was not acting like that) but Robinson had Wanda act like all her past misdeeds were his fault and he was a sociopath. That doesn't fit what happened in House of M; it really felt like the only Quicksilver comics that Robinson had read were the ones by Steve Englehart, who hated the character and kept trying to turn him evil. And it also wasn't a good look for Wanda to be written as blaming her problems on someone else.

When Pietro turned up later in the series he was back to acting nice, so whether or not this happened, it felt like someone told Robinson that he had gone too far with the way he wrote the character and he hastily took it back.

Astonishing Member

I hope we see the Emerald Warlock from Wanda's last series return as a villain for the new run. He had interesting potential as a new addition to her rogues gallery.