Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I would like to see some explanations, defining a Scarlet Witch, Emerald Warlock, etc. Are there other colors and what can they do? What are the differences?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    Love the new costume...glad they kept it!
    I wondered if the Hellfire Gala outfit would be used in the interiors or if it was just a gesture for the cover by Dauterman. I'm not sure. The outfit is such an homage to the maligned CROSSING period costume by Madureira/Deodato that it kind of feels weird...unfair laurels and such...

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I would like to see some explanations, defining a Scarlet Witch, Emerald Warlock, etc. Are there other colors and what can they do? What are the differences?
    Something else that I hope is left buried moving forward. We do not need the United Colors of Sorcery/Rainbow Mages of Marvel...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 09-18-2022 at 02:31 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I wondered if the Hellfire Gala outfit would be used in the interiors or if it was just a gesture for the cover by Dauterman. I'm not sure. The outfit is such an homage to the maligned CROSSING period costume by Madureira/Deodato that it kind of feels weird...unfair laurels and such...

Something else that I hope is left buried moving forward. We do not need the United Colors of Sorcery/Rainbow Mages of Marvel...
    It’s going to be her new costume moving forward, with the only alteration being her headpiece.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I hope Wanda keeps her penthouse from her solo
    A72EBF6D-8958-457B-86C5-0CB8EFC6B139.jpg
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

how exactly do her powers work now?

so she's still "officially" not a mutant anymore? What is the source of her abilities, then?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

so she's still "officially" not a mutant anymore? What is the source of her abilities, then?
    Basically she's a witch with magic witch powers.

The Avengers comics in 1998 retconned that even when she thought she was just a probability-altering mutant, her actual mutant power (thanks to an earlier storyline about Chthon endowing her with magical ability) was to control "chaos magic" and therefore every hex she had ever cast was magical.

She's been through like 9,000 more retcons since then and every writer writes her power set differently but the basic idea, that her powers have always been magic, has stuck through pretty much every comic she's been in since then, and also in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

From her birth on Wundagore, she was infused with Chaos magic, and became infused with probability altering powers, as well as a conduit for chaos magic and Ch’Thon.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

That's a big part of the Robinson run. We see violet, coral pink, scarlet, emerald, and aoi (a Japanese term for blue).

They are all basically generic magic users, however. The most unusual variant is the Wu's magic guns.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    That's a big part of the Robinson run. We see violet, coral pink, scarlet, emerald, and aoi (a Japanese term for blue).

They are all basically generic magic users, however. The most unusual variant is the Wu's magic guns.
    Ah, thank you!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

A Scarlet Witch ongoing? I'll be sure to check it out and see what's going on. It's been awhile since I read a comic series with Wanda prominently in it, so this is perfect for a return for me.

Quick question that really doesn't have to do with this ongoing. Is Wanda still referred to as "the pretender" by the mutants? I remember hearing they call her that now, or maybe it was cleared up. Is she back to being a mutant again? I mean they have the rights back to mutants now.

Ah, thank you!
    My pleasure. I rather wish more had been done with the concept, but the book only lasted 15 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Quick question that really doesn't have to do with this ongoing. Is Wanda still referred to as "the pretender" by the mutants? I remember hearing they call her that now, or maybe it was cleared up. Is she back to being a mutant again? I mean they have the rights back to mutants now.
    Her reputation was redeemed after last year's Gala when she found a way to improve Krakoan resurrection by creating a new "waiting room" on the astral plane., so now she's called "The Redeemer".

She's still not a mutant, though.

Her reputation was redeemed after last year's Gala when she found a way to improve Krakoan resurrection by creating a new "waiting room" on the astral plane., so now she's called "The Redeemer".

She's still not a mutant, though.
    That's good to hear. Honestly I'm so behind on my X-Men lore and really need to read these Krakoa era. So much has changed since 2016. But Wanda's still not a mutant? I suppose she's still not Magneto's daughter anymore! I really miss that side of Wanda and Pietro's history

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    That's good to hear. Honestly I'm so behind on my X-Men lore and really need to read these Krakoa era. So much has changed since 2016. But Wanda's still not a mutant? I suppose she's still not Magneto's daughter anymore! I really miss that side of Wanda and Pietro's history
    Well, if it helps, in SWORD #6, which sort of kicked off the redemption story, Mags said this:

Family isn't all about blood, after all.
    Last edited by DigiCom; 09-18-2022 at 07:38 PM.

Well, if it helps, in SWORD #6, which sort of kicked off the redemption story, Mags said this:

Family isn't all about blood, after all.
    Aww! That's so sweet, I must get around to reading these.