Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Strangers remake

The Strangers remake is happening I guess it's going to be a trilogy I thought the original was alright and loved the 2ed one so I don't really see the point of remaining this? Just do a 3ed movie.

https://screenrant.com/strangers-hor...lming-updates/

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    The Strangers remake is happening I guess it's going to be a trilogy I thought the original was alright and loved the 2ed one so I don't really see the point of remaining this? Just do a 3ed movie.

https://screenrant.com/strangers-hor...lming-updates/
    "Baby..." spoilers...

spoilers:
    The ending of that second film is the reason that you cannot "Just Make A Third Movie...", no?
    end of spoilers

Without having to spoil it any more than that for folks that might catch that second film?

Yeah, this is one of the few times where there is a really good case not to reboot an IP.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    "Baby..." spoilers...

spoilers:
    The ending of that second film is the reason that you cannot "Just Make A Third Movie...", no?
    end of spoilers

Without having to spoil it any more than that for folks that might catch that second film?

Yeah, this is one of the few times where there is a really good case not to reboot an IP.
    No ending of the 2ed movie is open as a matter of fact in a deleted ending they make it clear the main killer was still alive somehow and was in the hospital but even if he was dead whan has that stopped a horror movie before?

Well, now that the cat is out of the bag...

In horror films?

The antagonist practically never gets to be taken off of the board in compelling fashion. Never mind actually stay off of the board because the creatives involved in the IP actually know better.

That second "The Strangers..." film?

It seemed like it was going to be one of the rare instances where that actually wound up happening.

Pretty big let down that they seem unwilling to just leave "Well Enough..." alone.

I always get The Strangers mixed up You're Next. And probably another one with a similar premise I can't recall at the moment. As such, didn't know it had a sequel so I might need to catch up on that.

Past that...

The "Alternate..." endings of the second films that they did shoot?

Some of them make right around "Zero..." sense if they are the ending to the film that we actually saw.

The strangers are dead at the end of that second film.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I always get The Strangers mixed up You're Next. And probably another one with a similar premise I can't recall at the moment. As such, didn't know it had a sequel so I might need to catch up on that.
    No One Lives?

Well, now that the cat is out of the bag....
    It's a almost 5 year old movie I wouldn't worry about
    spoilers.

Past that...

The "Alternate..." endings of the second films that they did shoot?

Some of them make right around "Zero..." sense if they are the ending to the film that we actually saw.

The strangers are dead at the end of that second film.
    Its not so much a alternative ending as a extended ending the main killer is alive
    https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...vent-yet-seen/

Its not so much a alternative ending as a extended ending the main killer is alive
    https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...vent-yet-seen/
    It is obviously an alternative ending. From the comments section in that piece...

there's NO WAY that the masked guy survived what Kinsey did to him. none. nada. zilch. both STRANGERS movies have never had supernatural elements in them and having the masked killer guy survive, let alone be up and walking around, would be a supernatural element. the only ending that makes sense in context of both STRANGERS films is the theatrical ending where we hear a knock at the door and then the screen cuts to black (the person knocking most likely being a doctor or nurse or cop).

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    You’re Next was great fun. It played out like one of those conversations we’ve all had where we pontificate on how we’d kick the bad guys’ butts if we were there.

The Strangers, for various personal reasons, had one of the scariest endings I’ve seen in a movie.

Which is to say, I def. don’t get them mixed up!

It is obviously an alternative ending. From the comments section in that piece...
    Problem is he gets set on fire and continues to drive and and try to kill the girl no way a normal person can do that whatever you wanna call the end alternative or extended it was the original ending it's what they had planned even cutting that ending short they still Leve it open (someone is at the door and she doesn't know who/thinks it's the killer) how did he get in the hospital and how did he survive I don't know does it make sense no but it's a horror movie and that's what happens.

Problem is he gets set on fire and continues to drive and and try to kill the girl no way a normal person can do that whatever you wanna call the end alternative or extended it was the original ending it's what they had planned even cutting that ending short they still Leve it open (someone is at the door and she doesn't know who/thinks it's the killer) how did he get in the hospital and how did he survive I don't know does it make sense no but it's a horror movie and that's what happens.
    Long story short...

I think that they shot with at least one other possible "Version..." of the film in mind.

None of that really changes the film that they settled on and wound up on the screen.

Was the the way he died a bit of a stretch that they left in because of the film that the wound up deciding to cut together?

Sure. It's possible, but a little hard to buy.

Doesn't really change the actual plot of the film that wound up leaving the editing bay.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Wow, I didn't even know the original Strangers Movie got a sequel.

Mileage may vary. I found it boring and unnecessary but it scared my ex at the time and overall she enjoyed it.