Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Martin Lawrence in Martin

Not sure this counts since they were identical twins, but Lisa Kudrow played both Phoebe Buffet and her twin Ursula.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Deadwood had Garrett Dillahunt playing Jack McCall in S01 and Francis Wolcott in s02 (the characters weren't related).

Well, don't know if it's disqualified for it being the whole "hook" of the show, but Tatiana Maslaney is awesome in her various roles in Orphan Black. Most spectacularly, the handful of longterm main characters who have distinct personalities from the start. The characters grow and change and interact -- and it must have been weird, being like half the cast, but it was also pretty great. For a few seasons, at least. Got pretty insane, the longer it went ... that's the writing, tho. Maslaney was always awesome.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    ...Marc Alamo Who played Gul Dukat in Ds9 and Gul Macet in TNG episode The Wounded. (And he is the reason the Cardassians have neck Ridges)...
    He was also the Romulan Commander Tebok in the S1 TNG ep, "The Neutral Zone."

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    He was also the Romulan Commander Tebok in the S1 TNG ep, "The Neutral Zone."
    I didnt know that. But I am going to go back and rewatch. Thanks for the info
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    Well, don't know if it's disqualified for it being the whole "hook" of the show, but Tatiana Maslaney is awesome in her various roles in Orphan Black. Most spectacularly, the handful of longterm main characters who have distinct personalities from the start. The characters grow and change and interact -- and it must have been weird, being like half the cast, but it was also pretty great. For a few seasons, at least. Got pretty insane, the longer it went ... that's the writing, tho. Maslaney was always awesome.
    The fact that she played the 4 lead characters in the show all at once while also doing others here and there was amazing. The scenes where she is playing off herself are brilliant. Sometimes she would be playing 4 characters all in the same scene and she pulled it off like a master. She was so good sometimes you would even forget she was the same actress.

I mean damn she played Sarah, Cosima, Rachel, Alison, Helena, Beth, Krystal, MK, Jennifer, Katya, Tony, and a few others and she gave them all their own personalities.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Jeffrey Combs is the master of this in Star Trek. He played 4 different roles on DS9 (Weyoun, Brunt, Tiron, and Kevin Mulkahey), Hey played Penk on and episode of Voyager, and he played Shran the Andorian and Krem the Ferengi on Enterprise

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Jeffrey Combs is the master of this in Star Trek. He played 4 different roles on DS9 (Weyoun, Brunt, Tiron, and Kevin Mulkahey), Hey played Penk on and episode of Voyager, and he played Shran the Andorian and Krem the Ferengi on Enterprise
    The fact that he can play two vastly different characters like Weyoun and Brunt just goes to show what an amazing actor he is. There were a lot of under rated actors that did a great job with their roles in the Star Trek Universe.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Law and Order. There are actors that have appeared as different characters on each of the various spin offs, sometimes more than once. Sometimes I see a new to me actor's filmography and I just laugh. Five or six trips back to the L+O verse aren't out of the question.

The obvious answer is Tatiana Maslany. Orphan Black was built on the premise.

Star Trek, as has been mentioned. Michael Dorn has played more than one Klingon (he's at Kirk's trial in ST6, maybe a Worf ancestor?). Jeffrey Combs is all over that franchise. He's been at least three characters that I can think of just off the top of my head. (Though he also had a fun episode of Babylon 5 as well, which always amuses me when I watch it.) Brent Spiner is every Soong relative ever, at this point, in addition to Data, Lore and their builder that started it all.

Doctor Who has a TON of these. Just since the '05 reboot you have Peter Capaldi, Freema Agyeman and Eve Myles among those who later played major parts after doing a guest bit. But a ton of the background actors see reuse as well.
    Karen Gillian also had a small role in the same Pompeii episode Capaldi first showed up in.

Also happened in the original show a bit. Like Capaldi, Colin Baker appeared as another character before being cast as the Doctor.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Ultimate Member

Arjay Smith (Journey of Allen Strange. The Rookie & Perception) he did it 3 times on NYPD Blue. One time as a child who killed someone and the last one an adult who was molested.

Phil Morris son of Greg Morris of Mission Impossible fame.

Original Star Trek series-play a kid (uncredited) in Miri. Star Trek and MI shared the same shooting location.

Star Trek 3-The crewman who asked Kirk about a Hero's Welcome

Star Trek DS9 two different folks

7 different folks in Static Shock. Justice League, Legion of Super Heroes and Danny Phantom.

Darrell Burris who was not only Levar Burton's stand in but played 16 different background folks in TNG in 2 years and then had the Leaver Burton stand in duty to David Keith Anderson, who played Security Guard in Star Trek 6
    Armstrong on TNG & Generations and First Contact
    Ashmore in Janeway's Crew on Voyager and actually spoke
    6 different folks in Star Trek Enterprise including a crewman on the Enterprise.

So among the few to be in every Star Trek universe except post Nemesis.

Baron Jay Littleton, Jr. Star Trek Enterprise and Nemesis.

Kevin Finister Tim Russ body double, 3 different folks on Voyager and was in First Contact.

Lemuel Perry- Tim Russ body double and 19 other folks and Leo on Star Trek Enterprise.

Actress Cameron who was Dr Crusher & 7of9 Body Double and Ensign Kellogg in all she played 7 folks.

Phil Lamar-Static and Green Lantern in Static Shock.

Jaleel White-Sonic and his siblings in Sonic Underground.

The fact that she played the 4 lead characters in the show all at once while also doing others here and there was amazing. The scenes where she is playing off herself are brilliant. Sometimes she would be playing 4 characters all in the same scene and she pulled it off like a master. She was so good sometimes you would even forget she was the same actress.

I mean damn she played Sarah, Cosima, Rachel, Alison, Helena, Beth, Krystal, MK, Jennifer, Katya, Tony, and a few others and she gave them all their own personalities.
    Don't forget when she'd play one of the clones pretending to be another of the clones, but you could still tell which character she was - brilliant.

Tom Cavanaugh. He's played Harrison Wells, Eobard Thawn, Eobard Thawne POSING as Harrison Wells, Harry Wells, H.R. Wells, Sherloque Wells, and about a dozen other Wells'.

Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but Mark Lenard played Sarek, the Romulan Commander in Balance of Terror, and the Klingon Commander in one of the battlecruisers that V'Ger assimilates in Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

Charles Napier has played multiple roles in several shows over the years.
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 09-16-2022 at 09:07 PM.

Since we're bringing up "Star Trek" (and there were tons), I think we should mention Majel Barrett who played Number One in the Pilot, then Nurse Chapel in TOS, then Luaxana Troi in TNG, as well as the computer voice.

Also, if you want to open a huge can of worms, we can also throw in animated series as well, where lots of voice actors were re-used for multiple parts.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 09-16-2022 at 09:16 PM.

Boisterously Confused

A special shout has to go out to Harry Morgan of M*A*S*H, who guest starred as a deranged general, then returned for 8 or 9 seasons as regular cast character Sherman Potter

Ultimate Member

I'm not entirely sure, but I think he even played two different characters in the same episode, once on DS9 (Weyoun and Brunt, IIRC).

But Tatiana Maslany, in her half-dozen different roles on Orphan Black, definitely belongs near the top of this list.